Piling it on Brady and BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Piling it on Brady and BB

They won 3 Super Bowls. They went 16-0 and went to a fourth super bowl. They've won six division titles.

So this is not their year. Big deal. They have a young D with no pass rush. They have a talented O with a dumb O-coordinator. That will change.

Jump of the bandwagon folks. Because there ain't no room for you anyway. I hear the Sox are selling pink hats. Go buy some.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Piling it on Brady and BB

It's like lemmings!!  They are jumping off the "fan wagon" or criticizing the team left and right, giving up on the team in the process.

How many of you want to be Steelers fans, losing at HOME to Oakland??!!  Pick your poison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

In Response to Re: Piling it on Brady and BB:
    [QUOTE]It's like lemmings!!  They are jumping off the "fan wagon" or criticizing the team left and right, giving up on the team in the process. How many of you want to be Steelers fans, losing at HOME to Oakland??!!  Pick your poison.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, and I thought the steelers were prime to win it all this year...
    I can't wait till next season, especially if we get anything out of the playcalling next year. Butler could be pretty good as he gets more playing time this year as he adjusts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bclements73. Show bclements73's posts

it's not that isn't the pats  year, it's how the pats are playing and the coaching, the best offseason move- hire charlie weiss and get back to a creative offensive, not a run of the mill spread offense which the entire nfl knows how to defend

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtexx. Show rtexx's posts

For me, that's not the point.  Any genuine fan watching regularly can see the Pats talent level this year, as shown on the field, is simply not up there with the top three or four teams in Pro Football.  Nevertheless, we watch every week expecting our team to play up to whatever their potential is.  Last week, we lost to a clearly better team (the Saints) playing at the top of their game.  I think the Pats played hard but simply were outmatched.

This week we saw the worst Pats performance in recent memory against a clearly inferior opponent.  This is the point.  I think we are used to seeing the Pats play intelligent, mistake-free (for the most part) and creative football, with a QB that is there to guide his team when the going gets tough, and a coaching staff that consistently makes smart, if not brilliant, calls to get the team over the hump against quality opponents.

Today, we saw a performance reminiscent of a middle of the road football squad and coaching staff, where, with the exception of the first quarter, nothing looked right.  The running game was sporadic, pass protection was spotty, tackling was tentative and unaggressive, emotion was lacking, play calling was predictable and unimaginative except for a couple of long pass plays, turnovers were absent, and QB play was sophmoric (meaning Brady made a couple of dumb throws and missed wide open receivers).  I am sure I missed a few things.  Only one player on offense was playing his typical strong, tough and inspired game - Wes Welker.  His headshaking and look of disbelief at the end says it all.

No, I don't think I am disillusioned.  This may not be the best rendition of Patriots winning football.  But to see us slide down to the level of middle-of-the-pack give away football against another mediocre club - well, that is what hurts the most.  I can only hope that this team, and the coaching staff, can come out of its funk - before it is too late, and at least give its fans a run for the money - and, maybe a playoff berth and a win or two in the second season before it ends for another year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

Keep those rose-colored glasses if you want.  My eyes are perfectly fine, and I see this team for what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

BB needs to shake things up.  This team is losing it quickly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]It's like lemmings!!  They are jumping off the "fan wagon" or criticizing the team left and right, giving up on the team in the process. How many of you want to be Steelers fans, losing at HOME to Oakland??!!  Pick your poison.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

agcsbill:  so are you telling us that anyone who criticizes the team is a "band wagon fan?"  Lemmings?  Steelers losing to Oakland - that has what to do with us as a team exactly?  "Pick your poison?"  What's that suppose to mean.  Give me a break.  We've established a sustained period of achievement, went 11-5 with basically a rookie QB, and we're NOT suppose to expect better from a BB and TB-led team?  Tell me you're not serious or seriously drunk.  This season has nothing to do with anything but this team - and this team isn't good.  We're getting our butts handed to us in the 2nd half, can't beat a good team, and the only win we have away from Foxboro is in a different continent.  Fan disapproval surprises you?  Expecting better from one of the better football organizations in the NFL surprises you?  Jeez - if fan appreciation includes accepting mediocrity ad nauseum everyone on the planet should be rooting for Arizona.  Give it a rest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

a winnable game except Miami outplayed them today.

Of course the refs call an offensive PI on the Pats which was a HUGE momentnum changer and even the Miami loving announcers said it was a questionable call

it negated a gr8 1st down pick-up by TB to WW.

I tink some of the other calls were questionable  like the Mimai passreceivers looked out of bounds at least twice  Few penalties againstMiami today

Nothing like home cookin and home officiating

The Pats are in rebuild mode this yr   The Seymour send off was the big hint.

Pats are playing fair to poor ball and it shows .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I love the people that accuse upset fans of being lemmings or jumping off fan wagon. It is pretty clear that both the Offense and Defense are not getting the clutch plays. The game could have been won if there was a stop on a 4th and 6!

Not sure what needs to change. They are playing flat! No urgency.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Team has no leadership.  Bruschi and Vrabel were it. If they were on the team this does not happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

come on guys - this team is crashing and burngin hard!! 

NO WINS ON THE ROAD???  (I dont count London)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB aways says that each year is a new year with a new team.

Why do the so-called "seasoned fans" keep accusing people who realize that this year's team is pitiful of jumping off of bandwagons?

3 super bowls is great.  HAS NOTHING to do with losing to Miami today.  Today Brady was terrible in the clutch.

And all season bellicheck's coaching has been boring, predictable, and bad.  And the defense has been abysmal all THIS season.

I don't care how many TDs Vrabel caught when he was here.  That was then.

This team deserves to be criticized HEAVILY.  The coach deserves to be questioned about his HORRID coaching.  And the star should be QUESTIONED about his HEART because he looks like a lazy hollywood type of player to me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

to whom much is given, much is expected.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In Response to Piling it on Brady and BB:
    [QUOTE]They won 3 Super Bowls. They went 16-0 and went to a fourth super bowl. They've won six division titles. So this is not their year. Big deal. They have a young D with no pass rush. They have a talented O with a dumb O-coordinator. That will change. Jump of the bandwagon folks. Because there ain't no room for you anyway. I hear the Sox are selling pink hats. Go buy some.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

The Super Bowls are in the past, they mean nothing this year to this team.  16-0 means nothing also because they didnt finish the job in the SB. They'd have been better going 10-6 and getting the job done in SB. Sure it was a magical season, but it was a failure in the end.

Whose fault is it that Bill O'Brien is a bad coordinator?  This team doesn't have a real OC.  Belichick should have known Obrien would be a bad play caller. This offense looked better with Cassel last year at QB than this year with Brady. McDaniels was a great OC.   It is finally time for Belichick  to admit his mistakes and get Charlie Weis back on the sidelines for next weeks game. Let him be an advisor. Romeo Crennel is out of a job, he should be rehired as the DC and rebuild this defense. Dean Pees needs to go.

Brady is a great quarterback but his play has not been what we have expected. He is in the prime of his career, and this defense is wasting a few of these years. They couldnt make a stop in SB, couldnt make a stop this year even if their life depended on it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

i dont think it's "jumping off the badwagon" to acknowledge this team for what they are and voicing frustration at their mistakes. not that i am saying certain fans and/or posters in this forum arent going off of the deep end a bit and there are a few that are probably exposing themselves as obvious "bandwagon fans" by making completely ridiculous comments. nonetheless, it's equally ridiculous for some of our more condescending fans to assume that anyone who doesent just blindly submit is somehow a lesser fan than they are. i would define anyone who invests their time, energy, and emotion into this team as "fan"....regardless of whether it's positive or negative. everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they choose to express their opinion.

that being said, last week we learned our pats are no longer an elite team, this week we were shown that actually they are not a very good team. they dont s*ck by any means, but let's be realistic they really are not that good. slightly above middle of the pack. as parcells used to say, they are what their record says they are.

for those of us that go back to the days they were wearing todays uniform full time, we realize things while things could certainly be better, they could also be far worse. does that mean we will not be back next week? and the week after that? of course not...we will be here for better or worse, whether we choose to see the glass as half empty of half full...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]For me, that's not the point.  Any genuine fan watching regularly can see the Pats talent level this year, as shown on the field, is simply not up there with the top three or four teams in Pro Football.  Nevertheless, we watch every week expecting our team to play up to whatever their potential is.  Last week, we lost to a clearly better team (the Saints) playing at the top of their game.  I think the Pats played hard but simply were outmatched. This week we saw the worst Pats performance in recent memory against a clearly inferior opponent.  This is the point.  I think we are used to seeing the Pats play intelligent, mistake-free (for the most part) and creative football, with a QB that is there to guide his team when the going gets tough, and a coaching staff that consistently makes smart, if not brilliant, calls to get the team over the hump against quality opponents. Today, we saw a performance reminiscent of a middle of the road football squad and coaching staff, where, with the exception of the first quarter, nothing looked right.  The running game was sporadic, pass protection was spotty, tackling was tentative and unaggressive, emotion was lacking, play calling was predictable and unimaginative except for a couple of long pass plays, turnovers were absent, and QB play was sophmoric (meaning Brady made a couple of dumb throws and missed wide open receivers).  I am sure I missed a few things.  Only one player on offense was playing his typical strong, tough and inspired game - Wes Welker.  His headshaking and look of disbelief at the end says it all. No, I don't think I am disillusioned.  This may not be the best rendition of Patriots winning football.  But to see us slide down to the level of middle-of-the-pack give away football against another mediocre club - well, that is what hurts the most.  I can only hope that this team, and the coaching staff, can come out of its funk - before it is too late, and at least give its fans a run for the money - and, maybe a playoff berth and a win or two in the second season before it ends for another year.
    Posted by rtexx[/QUOTE]

Rtexx,

Nice post!. A few other points I want to add. Fans and pundits are quick to point out that NE has no pass rush, and they're right. With Richard still on the Patriots' DL we would most likely be looking at different circumstances regarding our pass rush and overall play of our CB's. Instead, we're left with Derrick Burgess, a complete waste of a roster spot and draft pick. While the defense didn't have any signature stops when it really mattered in this game, their overall play wasn't that bad.
    My issue is with the offense. The first half of this game the Patriots gave the impression they were going to run Miami off the field. We reach the second half and our inept offense can't put a TD on the board. Welker for all his inspired play can't do it alone. We have talented TE's we're not utilizing, a QB who is consistently missing wide open receivers (see Aiken, our newfound 3rd WR and Welker), amateur at best play calling by the offensive coordinator and an offensive line that can't keep their QB off his back even with a THREE man rush. Twelve weeks into the season and we're still talking about doing things better as a team. That's a sorry learning curve.

There's blood in the water!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]They won 3 Super Bowls. They went 16-0 and went to a fourth super bowl. They've won six division titles. So this is not their year. Big deal. They have a young D with no pass rush. They have a talented O with a dumb O-coordinator. That will change. Jump of the bandwagon folks. Because there ain't no room for you anyway. I hear the Sox are selling pink hats. Go buy some.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]there are to many posts of you complaining,and putting down,to sound like the un sung hero now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruggie23. Show ruggie23's posts

I would not want any other coach in the league but to blindly follow him and never think anything he does is wrong is just stupid.....he has not coached good this year its that simple.....it doesn't take away from what he has done or the fact he is still the only coach i would want for the Pats.....also those who say the players make the plays......well he has a direct effect on that because he pick the players to make the plays because he makes the roster decisions himself....and as good of a coach as he is.....they could just as easily run the table but i don't think there taleted enough to do that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Piling it on Brady and BB : there are to many posts of you complaining,and putting down,to sound like the un sung hero now.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Uhh, find one where I have said anything negative about Brady or Belichick? Just one. I dare you.

I'm not saying that were are going to do anything this year. But I refuse to ever start bashing Brady or Belichick. They have a free pass in my book.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE] Are you serious ???? The reason the talent on the field and the and the football intelligence on the Coaching  staff has regessed
    to what it is today is because that everybody associated with this team...from Kraft through Bellicheck on the side line to Brady on the field of play are living the past... The 3 Super Bowls are yesterday's newspaper ! Nothing will change till everybody including you realize that ...Example...Tom Brady... Do you remember the fiery quarterback of those Super Bowl teams banging helmets with teamates...walking up and down the seated offensive players screaming words of encouragement and enthusiasm   Did he even remotely resemble the guy at the podium today explaining how the team blew blew the lead in todays game ... he sounded like a schooled politician  explaining how we must improve  but we aint so bad........That's the attiude   and thats what's wrong ...no fire...no enthusiasm, any more.....just complacency.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Piling it on Brady and BB : Uhh, find one where I have said anything negative about Brady or Belichick? Just one. I dare you. I'm not saying that were are going to do anything this year. But I refuse to ever start bashing Brady or Belichick. They have a free pass in my book.

So, because of past performance, BB and Brady are beyond scrutiny?  Criticism equates to "bashing?"  There's not ample evidence to suggest that we've fallen from among the NFL's elite to middle-of-the-road (and I use the word "road" with hesitation, since he haven't won on it all year).  Hey, TB and BB have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt and we still have decent players.  Personally, I think coordination issues abound and unfortunately that's on BB.  If you're going to accept the praises of excellence, you have to be willing to accept the scorn of mediocrity - it's that way in every sport or business.  No such thing as free passes in the real world.  Pride in past achievements - certainly.  Acceptance of medocrity - no way!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

This team is struggling this year, and there are many areas of fault.  The D has lost a lot of players over the past two seasons, and it has caught up to them.  Seymour was not going to stay because he wanted too much $$, and he really not that much of a factor last season.  I do believe they have some good young talent that will only get better.  The offense was expected to shoulder the load, and it has not - IMO Brady is too locked in on Moss and Welker, and teams see that.  He has also missed a number of throws to other guys as well.  Coaching/play-calling has not been great, but neither is this team, and BB haS been around long enough to realize that they may have to take a few more chances than they have in the past.  That being said this team is 7-5 and has the inside track to win the division, in a year that would see most teams go 6-10 at best with all the changes.  As someone previously mentioned look at last year's SB champ now at 6-6, and looking like they won't even make the playoffs.  Lastly, the expectations for this team were 15-1 and steamroll to a another ring.  That - I believe - is the biggest issue for those lambasting BB and TB. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan012. Show Bostonfan012's posts

Watching Brady force the ball to Moss in double coverage week after week should be criticized. Watching Brady continually throw underneath to Welker on 3rd down should be criticized. Watching Brady trying to go down field on second down when you need to just run out the clock should be criticized. Not throwing to your TE's or a 3rd receiver and locking in on just welker and Moss should be criticized. These are legit problems

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

The bottom line is BB doesn't prepare for games like he used to.  It's why he constantly gets out coached week to week.  Although Brady missed about another 3 touchdown passes by out throwing his receiver, although the Defense couldn't get a pass rush and made Lenne look like a pro-bowler, BB has to understand who he is working with.  The Pats don't lose these type of games 4 years ago.  Maybe losing Seymour was too much for this team to handle.  I can't remember the last time Woods or Burguess have made a big play.

The Pats still might go to the playoffs, but they are not superbowl bound.  Too old of a coach, and a QB that is afraid to run that is trying to do his best impression of Agassi with Brook Shields.

Sections
Shortcuts