Pioli Building A WInner in KC

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Pioli Building A WInner in KC

Eh I'm not buying into KC until they can actually play a decent playoff game. They were just awful against Baltimore. I expect San Diego to take control of that division again this year. I think KC will be on the outside looking in when the playoffs roll around. They sort of remind me of Jacksonville, lot of potential but can't seem to get the consistency

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's all about Dwayne Bowe - if he reads this, THANK YOU FOR WINNING MY FANTASY LEAGUE LAST YEAR!!!!! Sealed

(and to the idiot who will inevitably take that statement seriously, I'm quite well aware that nobody of consequence reads these boards)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No jets fan here, but haven't the jets been to the AFCCG the last 2 years?  Doesn't that constitute winning?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Pioli building a winner - true.  Pioli building a champion - I don't know about that.   

The best thing Pioli did was get Matt Cassel, he's a franchise QB - although I wouldn't put him in that elite Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers catergory.     He now has posted two great seasons at QB in his short NFL career (1 in New England, 1 in Kansas City).  He easily has the potential to lead that team into the playoffs several more years. 

Another great thing Pioli has done, is build through the draft.  This team is young, talented, and we know every year Pioli will keep improving it, so it's always on the verge of the playoffs come December.   

The best thing going for Pioli is that division, it might be the biggest mess in football after the NFC West.   Oakland doesn't know what the hell it is doing.  Denver might get in shape under John Fox, but that might take a couple seasons.  And San Diego, they could be the most constant underachiever in the history of the NFL, they're only getting older. 

I would put my money on Kansas City winning that division that next two years.  After that, it will depend on how Cassel keeps developing and the talent Pioli keeps brining in.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Funny he's drafting better than the late part of his career here...He's doing a great jon in KC...last few years here...eh

Here's a good Patriots site to check out..very good stuff 60maxpowero.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty - I don't disagree with you, but in 2001 when the pats won their superbowl, they had fewer original patriots starting than the jets did last year. 

and I am not making future predictions with my comments, but simply reminding you that, in fact, the jets have had success the last 2 years.  More than KC.  

Also,  don't jets deserve the opportunity to "build" just as KC does?

I think you are bashing just to bash and don't really have a valid point. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

KC beat a bunch of scrubs last year and won't make the playoffs. The leap they took was playing a cupcake schedule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I never said I was sold on the Jets way.  I am a fan of the colts.  The colts may have brought in fewer FA's in the last decade than any other team, and it has worked. 

I am only pointing out that the Jets have had success.  Likely, the idea is to shore up weaknesses where they cannot draft players and until they can draft players.  Remember, Ryan's only been around a couple of years. 

Give him and the org some credit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Pioli Building A WInner in KC:
    Eh I'm not buying into KC until they can actually play a decent playoff game. They were just awful against Baltimore. I expect San Diego to take control of that division again this year. I think KC will be on the outside looking in when the playoffs roll around. They sort of remind me of Jacksonville, lot of potential but can't seem to get the consistency
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33
    I AGREE with king. hey those who live in glas houses... have u  not seen how horribly we've ended  our last 3 playoff appearances esp the last 2? we've been going downhill. i can see the chiefs offering a bigger challenege than the jets. they are good all the way around. if sanchez gets dinged, their season is toast per example. kc will be better. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Okay, good for them, now back to the news.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Pioli Building A WInner in KC : No. They leap they took is because Weis helped Cassel and Moeaki replaced Gonzalez in some fashion at TE, giving Cassel something other than Bowe. Also, McCluster is a nice slot option. They also have really good CBs in Flowers and Carr, not to mention 2010 rookie stud, Eric Berry. Please WATCH games outside of the NE market instead of only referencing a stat sheet acting like that's enough to make a case. Their emergence is absolutely for real.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

How many playoff teams did they beat? How many teams with winning records did they beat?  Your trying to dispute they beat a bunch of scrubs? Those are facts. Inflated record from beating scrubs.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Im going to the Monday Night game against KC and it will be a good one im sure. Matt Cassel is coming back to NE and he has had some pretty great Monday Night games.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Good choice, I was thinking hard about that one too. The prices seem to be much more reasonable for that game than say the Jets or Chargers games. Only problem is getting home from a Monday night game sucks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Thread title Pioli building a winner in KC.  Your first line:  Jets should take note. 

I am sorry where's the credit you gave them?

Was this what you meant by giving them credit:  If you buy the flash in the pan/short window team building approach, sure.

Was this it:  I will absolutely not pretend an 8-8 team that was handed another win deserves credit of any kind.

The jets were 11-5 while KC was 10-6 in the worst division in the AFC.  Further, their schedule last year included the worst division in the NFC. 

Finally, this thread is about KC vs. NY - Not NY vs. NE.  Stay on subject.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Yes it does, do what I do. Tailgate before the game to save money, then after the game tailgate some more and wait out the traffic. Once it dies down hop in your car and the traffic wont be so bad. You wont get home till wicked late but thats what Monday Games do. I dont like Monday night games but thats just the way my hand got dealt this season. Im also going to the Colts Game, Jets Game, and Bills game.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Lucky man, I went to the Colts game last year it was definitely up there with the best Patriots games I've been to. Brady vs Manning is so much better in person!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

Just doin' it brick by brick.  Thought the McClain pickup was a good one.  They got whipped at home last year by Baltimore.  Outphysicaled.  A beast of a player like McClain can help swing some of that physicality to your side.  But theyre just a young team right now.  I see continued development over there, and no cake walk to be sure whenever we deal with them next. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

They were by far the worst Playoff team last year.  I believe the winning % of their opponents was around .420 if I remember correctly.  I'm not buying into them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I was at that game too, where di you sit? Im in section 123
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I was actually in a box that game. My dad's company has a box and he is sometimes able to scrounge a pair of tickets once a year (if we're lucky!). Needless to say, it was a freakin' unbelievable experience, sure beats where I usually sit (sect 330). Either way though it really doesn't matter, its just awesome being there

Sections
Shortcuts