Pioli Fired!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pioli Fired!

Going to Jets?  Now that would be interesting!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Re: Pioli Fired!

Exactly my initial reaction when I read the ESPN news report on this.  The report described the owners and Pioli having "seven" separate discussions before agreeing to part ways!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why not the Patriots?  He left on good terms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

We do not need Pioli. He has become redundant here. Maybe he could get a job in the NFC. I do not want him in NY.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't know why pats fans would care if he went to the jets unless you just want to continue to like him.  On his own, he's proven he's not that good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

If anything, his firing reinforces just how good a coach Belicheck is. Under his watch, Matt Cassell developed into a decent NFl caliber QB, and went 11-5, the year Brady went down. In KC, under a string of Head Coaches picked Pioli, Cassell failed misreably.  I hear People say it is all about the system BB runs in NE an how it fit Cassell, but Pioli was a part of that system, and he failed to reproduce it in KC. The Cassell argument also answers critics who say that BB is overrrated, and that the Pats success is all because of Brady. Bringing Pioli back here makes no sense really, they are doing fine without him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Rust I think your off on Pioli. He hasnt hit on hardly any draft picks, his 5 pro bowlers this year were drafted by Carl Peterson, he didnt sign any impact free agents, signed Matt Cassell to a 6 year 63 Mil deal, and most importantly he alienated the fan base. I think its a good move for the Chiefs to bring in Reid and his hand picked GM Tom Heckert. To be quite honest I dont now if Pioli will be offered a job right away coming off this fiasco (think Dan Duquette). Am I way off?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

P.S. I hope he goes to the Jets just so he can be the guy that fires Rexy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's great when Quagmire has two posts in a row.  The double head bopping is cool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's great when Quagmire has two posts in a row.  The double head bopping is cool.

[/QUOTE]

lol

Giggidy giggidy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anything, his firing reinforces just how good a coach Belicheck is. Under his watch, Matt Cassell developed into a decent NFl caliber QB, and went 11-5, the year Brady went down. In KC, under a string of Head Coaches picked Pioli, Cassell failed misreably.  I hear People say it is all about the sysetm BB runs in NE an how it fit Cassell, but Pioli was a part of that system, and he failed to reproduce it in KC. The Cassell argument also answers critics who say that BB is overrrated, and that the Pats success is all because of Brady. Bringing Pioli back here makes no sense really, they are doing fine without him.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, but I also think they should have been more patient with Pioli. His lone mistake was hiring Haley.

I don't think you can build a SB winner in 3 years. It just doesn't happen. BB did it in 2 here in 2001, but that's clearly an abberration.

If I am an owner, I want this:

1. A GM who gets the cap and applies salary correctly.

2. A GM who knows how to draft in conjunction with FA and the market.

3. A steady coach who players respect and who can build a strong staff that will stay for a little while.

It's all about stability and continuity.   If an owner gets this and then finds the people who can do the above, then you're off and running.

[/QUOTE]

Good points, but I agree with Quagmire, the Chiefs gave Pioli enough time to build a winner. I also agree on continuity, but only if you are building something. The Chiefs were circling the drain with Pioli.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Pioli is bill Parcells son in law.    He won't have a problem finding work. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

If anything, his firing reinforces just how good a coach Belicheck is. Under his watch, Matt Cassell developed into a decent NFl caliber QB, and went 11-5, the year Brady went down. In KC, under a string of Head Coaches picked Pioli, Cassell failed misreably.  I hear People say it is all about the system BB runs in NE an how it fit Cassell, but Pioli was a part of that system, and he failed to reproduce it in KC. The Cassell argument also answers critics who say that BB is overrrated, and that the Pats success is all because of Brady. Bringing Pioli back here makes no sense really, they are doing fine without him.

[/QUOTE]

All nonsense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

I am not going to play your game.  I could care less what you think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rust I think your off on Pioli. He hasnt hit on hardly any draft picks, his 5 pro bowlers this year were drafted by Carl Peterson, he didnt sign any impact free agents, signed Matt Cassell to a 6 year 63 Mil deal, and most importantly he alienated the fan base. I think its a good move for the Chiefs to bring in Reid and his hand picked GM Tom Heckert. To be quite honest I dont now if Pioli will be offered a job right away coming off this fiasco (think Dan Duquette). Am I way off?

[/QUOTE]

His 2010 draft was awesome and with multiple coaches in and out within a year, you can't judge his 2011 draft yet.

Moeaki, Eric Berry and McCluster, Arena aren't good? Are you kidding me? I'd welcome any one of them here tomorrow. Arenas can return kicks and play nickel, Berry can start with McCourty and McCluster can replace Welker and Woodhead in one fell swoop.  You're crazy. Those are great young players.

I also liked his FA moves like Eric Winston at RT this year and even Peyton Hillis. I get these don't show up on paper this year, but they were good adds for the money. Also, Steve Breaston I always liked.

[/QUOTE]

Right junior. Those are such great players that KC won 2 games this year. Surprise us all and say something intelligent for once.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's no game that you are dead wrong. Get back to us when you have something of substance to offer minus the spin.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's no game that you are dead wrong. Get back to us when you have something of substance to offer minus the spin.

[/QUOTE]

us??? Lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

KC had like 6 Pro Bowlers.

What 2 win team has 6 Pro Bowlers? They under-achieved, but to say they don't have talent is ludicrous.

[/QUOTE]

Pioli didn't draft any of them and more importantly they have zero talent at the most important position in the game and haven't done anything about it.  That is the reason he is gone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

So it goes.

Only one of two things can possibly help the YETS.

1.  God's other son becomes their Q.B..  And I don't mean Tebow.

2.  They get a new owner who has a brain for football at the level of owner, with all that implies.  It's like the difference between Robert Kraft and Victor Kiam, (SP, ?).  Yeah, Kiam wasn't he a razor guy too but vive la difference?

Sections
Shortcuts