Pioli to FNIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pioli to FNIA

having been around scott quite often, I think he will be very good. he will need to dump the political correctness and tell it like it is...sounds like NBC is preparing for King's departure due to his new project

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Pioli to FNIA

"Having been around Scott".... really... care to elaborate?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: I'm On A First Name Basis With Scott Pioli, And You're Not...

This thread should be retitled "I'm on a first name basis with Scott Pioli, and you're not..."

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

This thread should be retitled "I'm on a first name basis with Scott Pioli, and you're not..."

He;s one of the biggest liars and frauds I've ever seen. He thinks because he works for ESPN plugging cables in to a tv truck that he has "been around Pioli".  He just won't stop. He won't. He's in love with himself and tries to use it as some kind of leverage of opinion on this board.

oh man the IRONY

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think it's fair to say that Pioli was much ado over nothing....Parcells son in law opened doors for him but he has no talent to run a football club.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think his role was very under rated here. There is no doubt in my mind, that while BB had the final say, they both were in fact co-GM's building the team into a dynasty. Granted, it did not work in KC, and the media paranoia back fired. But lets face it, with out winning, the media paranoia would back fire any where, including and especially here. BB wins, so he can do no wrong, media be damned. But if he starts losing, he will be crucified in the media.

I think if Pioli is himself, he could be very interesting, engaging and insightful for FNIA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

[QUOTE]

He;s one of the biggest liars and frauds I've ever seen. He thinks because he works for ESPN plugging cables in to a tv truck that he has "been around Pioli".  He just won't stop. He won't. He's in love with himself and tries to use it as some kind of leverage of opinion on this board.

[/QUOTE]

wow, too much mold in Mom's basement these days? I am a liar and a fraud, AND in love with myself?

You see, this is why the entire BDC community wants you permanantly banned. You make every little comment personal and attacking.

And yes, in the early 2000's before we were bought out by ESPN, my company did many, many of the local sessions for all things Pats, and Pioli did most of the media sessions for the Pats. He was cordial to everyone, was on a first name basis with many, and tried to be as open and honest as Hallowed Hoodie paranoia allowed...

I am not comparing the 2, but Piolis grasp of building a team, managing the cap is FAR superior to Parcells. To say he got to where he has because he is Parcells son in law is simply wrong. He was part of the Browns group with BB, and his development in the NFL has zero to do with Parcells.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

he will need to dump the political correctness and tell it like it is

Somehow I don't see that happening on FNIA.  Half the time I feel like those guys are reading from a script that was derived from a book of football cliches.  Hopefully Scott proves me wrong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

he will need to dump the political correctness and tell it like it is

Somehow I don't see that happening on FNIA.  Half the time I feel like those guys are reading from a script that was derived from a book of football cliches.  Hopefully Scott proves me wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I always thought Rodney was pretty forthcoming...Dungy will always be PC, but Rodney says it like it is.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

per wikipedia;

When Belichick accepted the Patriots' head coaching position in 2000, Pioli became vice president of player personnel. The two eventually became the first personnel director/head coach tandem in league annals to win three Super Bowls during a four-year span (2001–2004).[1] He and Belichick split the duties usually held by a general manager on most other NFL teams, though Belichick had the final say.[3]

Pioli’s skills as a talent evaluator helped create a consistent championship contender in New England.[1] He was regularly recognized for his ability to build a team, not simply collecting individual talent,[1] helping to make the Patriots a "model franchise."[1] From 2000–2008, the Patriots had an NFL-best record of 102-42 (.708) and registered 14 playoff victories.[1] Pioli worked in close coordination with Belichick, bringing players to the Patriots who fit into the framework of the club’s team concept.[1] Pioli and Belichick's teams were noted for the depth of talent at all the positions[1] and used an effective combination of draft picks, free-agent signings, and trades to continually upgrade their roster.[1] The most-notable selection in an NFL Draft by Pioli and Belichick was quarterback Tom Brady, who was chosen 199th overall in the 2000 NFL Draft.[1]

In his tenure with the Patriots, Pioli earned promotions from Assistant Director of Player Personnel to Director of Player Personnel in 2001, and to Vice President of Player Personnel in 2002. Also, Pioli earned a contract extension in 2005 after being pursued by several NFL teams to become general manager.

In 2007, the Patriots finished their regular season with a 16-0 record, a first in NFL history. The team advanced to Super Bowl XLII but lost to the New York Giants 17-14 and failed to finish the season with a perfect 19-0 record. Prior to the season, Pioli executed trades to acquire wide receivers Wes Welker and Randy Moss, both of whom helped the Patriots set multiple NFL records on offense.[1]

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Piolis grasp of building a team, managing the cap is FAR superior to Parcells. To say he got to where he has because he is Parcells son in law is simply wrong. He was part of the Browns group with BB, and his development in the NFL has zero to do with Parcells.

==============================

I found it interesting that the first guy BB hired when he took the Patriots head coaching position was Scott Pioli. Obviously if BB thinks that highly of him and the guy was previously employed by Parcells in a similar capacity then he must be quite competent in what he does as both Parcells and BB are pretty selective in who they trust to advise in personnel decisions.

However. if you believe this article that was published in the Kansas City Star last year then Pioli is a rather paranoid nut case and I doubt anyone who acted like Pioli was alledged to have acted would be successful in running any type of business. Here's the article for those who never saw it.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14/3371495/arrowhead-anxiety-turnover-off.html

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts