Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

Pittsburgh matched offer sheet for WR Emmanuel Sanders per Adam Schefter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

Also his agent tweeted the same. To bad for him he might have evolved into a fine receiver for the Patriots. He will continue to stagnate in the run oriented offense in Pittsburgh. Meanwhile back at the ranch we still have a third round pick to draft a WR. @JordanWoy

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I would think this gauarantees at least one WR in the draft and/or a trade for a WR.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sucks, but it is going to make the WR meetings in Pitt really interesting. =D 

Pats could draft Da'Rick Rogers, but I think they doubt his mental capacity/work ethic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Got to think we could of had him if we had offered 500k more, now we are going to have to take some chances in the draft on a wideout. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

And I was starting to like the idea of Sanders as a Patriot!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Got to think we could of had him if we had offered 500k more, now we are going to have to take some chances in the draft on a wideout. 

Yeah, but keep in mind that we're not too good with FA WRs, either. 

Since 2007, we've brought in Holt, Galloway and Ocho...none worked out too well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Very disappointing. Perhaps a bit higher of an offer should have come. The WR situation went from looking very impressive to questionable at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

That is a real surprise, given Sanders pretty much told the Steelers his intention after next season by signing the offer sheet from the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

Rogers would be there in round 2, but doubtful for rounder 3. Not wise to draft him round 1. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Must say, this is the most disappointed I've been about a Patriot related situation since the playoff loss in January. The guy was young Deion Branch v2.0.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

do you hear the birds singing Hurl?

"cheep! cheep! cheep! cheep!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Also his agent tweeted the same. To bad for him he might have evolved into a fine receiver for the Patriots. He will continue to stagnate in the run oriented offense in Pittsburgh. Meanwhile back at the ranch we still have a third round pick to draft a WR. @JordanWoy

pitts O is "run oriented"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

relax guys, let`s wait and see what bb will do now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I was hoping to get him but the bright side is they will get one now for a fraction of the cost.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

You're being intentionally asinine. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to dfitzp's comment:

Rogers would be there in round 2, but doubtful for rounder 3. Not wise to draft him round 1. 

49, I have to say, thanks to your promotion of Rogers this offseason, I took the time to do some research on him. After reading up on him, i'm definitely on the bandwagon for Rogers if BB is willing to pull the trigger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Yes, the Steelers matched: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/14/steelers-match-offer-for-emmanuel-sanders/.

But, some in Pittsburgh view this as a mistake: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-keeping-sanders-not-letting-him-go-would-be-the-real-gamble-683373/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Oh well.

Not sure if the Pats will be able to draft a guy who can provide the same kind of production as Sanders would have for this coming season. Ignoring the Pats WR draft history, it's extremely difficult to find rookies who could contribute...the majority of the ones who have big rookie seasons are typically 1st rounders.

Granted, I don't think WR is a dire need, but it would've been nice.

I don't know who is on the WR market next season, but it's going to be a whole lot harder to get Sanders when he hits the open market as an UFA. He should have a better year now that Wallace is gone and Miller coming off an injury.

As long as Gronk can stay healthy for the playoffs, I'm not going to be too worried about this offense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Really surprised that Steelers did not take the third round. They have the number 17th pick and a pick in every round. So they could have picked a WR in one of the first 2 rounds and have 2 third round picks to get players in other positions. I though people are saying that the draft is deep and there are good players to be had (maybe not WR) even after the first 2 rounds. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Oh well.

Not sure if the Pats will be able to draft a guy who can provide the same kind of production as Sanders would have for this coming season. Ignoring the Pats WR draft history, it's extremely difficult to find rookies who could contribute...the majority of the ones who have big rookie seasons are typically 1st rounders.

I don't know who is on the WR market next season, but it's going to be a whole lot harder to get Sanders when he hits the open market as an UFA. He should have a better year now that Wallace is gone and Miller coming off an injury.

As long as Gronk can stay healthy for the playoffs, I'm not going to be too worried about this offense.

RESPONSE: The Pats are sorely lacking at WR. They have plenty of slot guys, but no WR that is a deep threat. That said, I see addressing the defense at DE, DT, or in the secondary as a greater need. Gronk's health has become a major issue. His arm has taken far too long to properly heal. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Oh well.

The offense should function the majority of the time with Brady under center, but ultimately, you need playmakers, especially come playoff time when the difference in a game comes down to one big play here or there.

As I said above, Sanders is a young Deion Branch v2.0. He would've been a perfect fit in this offense, and between him, Amendola, and Jones, we would've had a young, productive, dynamic tandem at WR.

You take Sanders out of the equation and the situation goes from comfortable to questionable at best. 

I still think they need a young-body at interior DL, although Kelly is a big help. I think they also need some more CB depth, and a 3rd-down pass-rusher would be helpful as well.

Offensively, they now need WR help, and I think a young, interior DL would be a big help.

That leaves one big priority (WR), and a handful of lesser needs, that nonetheless should be addressed (CB, interior DL, interior OL, pass-rusher).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Victor Cruz is going to look so sweet doing that dance in a Redskins jersey. =D