Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Really surprised that Steelers did not take the third round. They have the number 17th pick and a pick in every round. So they could have picked a WR in one of the first 2 rounds and have 2 third round picks to get players in other positions. I though people are saying that the drafyr is deep and there are good players to be had (maybe not WR) even after the first 2 rounds. 

They'd be leaving Big Ben with only one legitimate receiving threat though (Brown). The next best option, Miller, is coming off a torn ACL.

As long as you're competitive, I think you have a shot to win. Pitt's chances in 2013 are not as bleak as the Ravens chances after that whooping they took in Denver.

I don't like Pitt's chances, but I wouldn't count them out. Woodley needs to get off his lazy as$ and polamalu needs to return to form.

Also, outside of Pouncey, Sanders, Brown and Wallace, PITTs recent drafts have been pretty poor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to dfitzp's comment:

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

Rogers would be there in round 2, but doubtful for rounder 3. Not wise to draft him round 1. 

49, I have to say, thanks to your promotion of Rogers this offseason, I took the time to do some research on him. After reading up on him, i'm definitely on the bandwagon for Rogers if BB is willing to pull the trigger.

Might be a pipe dream, Brady doesn't like big WRs for some reason. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Markus Wheaton would be the guy the Pats are looking to draft. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

I was hoping the Steelers would match the offer.  I've watched Steelers' games and he didn't make an impression.  When looking at his 2012 highlight clip, most of his catches seemed to come off of Roethlisberger scrambles so there is no telling if he is open when he supposed to be. 

I would rather see what is behind door number three.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I am actually pretty happy about this - used up another 1M of Steelers cap and cost us nothing to do so. And probably created some good will for next year when he will be unrestricted.

The cost of that #3 pick was pretty high on top of the salary. Heck they can probably bring back Lloyd for less money and he had more production and knows the system. I was never that convinced that Sanders was the 'answer' for the Pats - good player but ...?

And I would not be surprised if there are a few more FA moves next week now that they have freed up the 2.5M cap of the offer to Sanders - Abraham anyone?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

There never was an offer....it was a total conspiracy fabricated by Ron Borges...I'm telling ya..

After Broom Hilda and her sidekick, The King of the Tin Foil Hat Fools sniffed out that Gronk doesn't even have an infection, and are not waiting for the infection to clear before the fourth surgery as medically prudent....it was a Ron Borges Hoax...

And this tender offer....same BS....got Ron Borges written all over it.....damn conspiracies everywhere....lurking in the weeds...I can't take it...it's making me crazy....It was a conspiracy...before it wasn't...too much...

No wonder MB was completely sold out of Tin Foil today.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Markus Wheaton would be the guy the Pats are looking to draft. 

I like Wheaton also, he should be there in round 2, we may be able to move up in round 3 to get him. I like Robert Woods also. Hell I'd take both of them if we could get them, should be able to hit on 1 maybe both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

Rogers would be there in round 2, but doubtful for rounder 3. Not wise to draft him round 1. 

but a combo of the two should be availabe in round 2 and 3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

May have to bring back Lloyd, nut or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Got to think we could of had him if we had offered 500k more, now we are going to have to take some chances in the draft on a wideout. 

do you hear the birds singing Hurl?

"cheep! cheep! cheep! cheep!"

It has nothing to do with being cheap you dense moron.  Sanders accepted the $2.5M deal that the pats offered!  You don't offer anything more than that for a kid who has never had more than 44 catches in a single season.  I was excited about him, but you simply do not offer any more than 2.5 for that resume.  Steelers wanted him back, put themselves in worse cap position, and will lose him for nothing come next season.  Good for them.

All you do is provoke with your condescending and mocking behavior.  You're a piece of garbage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought the Pats offered a lot actually.  Half what they paid Talib, plus a third round pick.

Pitt must have not thought he was worth that much--or were just hoping to get him cheap--because 2.5 million was more than a second round tender.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll see Stallworth first, I think. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

You maybe right, but has he healed from the balloon accident?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

You maybe right, but has he healed from the balloon accident?

Good question. I forgot all about that. Was there any lasting damage that would prevent him from playing?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rusty's dream come true.  Another year of an OK running game and no WR talent will equal lot's of opportunity for him to rip Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The balloon mishap made Stallworth that much more electrifying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Got to think we could of had him if we had offered 500k more, now we are going to have to take some chances in the draft on a wideout. 

agreed. if they wanted him they should have made it impossible to match

draft surefire hopkins and rogers who many say looks like he will be julio jones.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I thought the Pats offered a lot actually.  Half what they paid Talib, plus a third round pick.

Pitt must have not thought he was worth that much--or were just hoping to get him cheap--because 2.5 million was more than a second round tender.

agrted pitt didnt value him THAT  much. but in the end yielded to rapeman and their off coord.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

The more I read about Sanders the less I liked him due to the fact that he didn't really address the OUTSIDE DEEP threat-was more of a Branch-Givens kinda WR.  I would like to see the Pats get someone in the mold of Crabtree-Wallace--a bigger faster guy that is physical and stretch the field. Also I believe Sanders missed like 9 games the past 2 years-so durability isues? I like the Pats chances in the draft-Stedman Bailey,Hunter,Allen,Hopkins,etc. Plus you get them cheaper than Sanders--Go Pats!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

The more I read about Sanders the less I liked him due to the fact that he didn't really address the OUTSIDE DEEP threat-was more of a Branch-Givens kinda WR.  I would like to see the Pats get someone in the mold of Crabtree-Wallace--a bigger faster guy that is physical and stretch the field. Also I believe Sanders missed like 9 games the past 2 years-so durability isues? I like the Pats chances in the draft-Stedman Bailey,Hunter,Allen,Hopkins,etc. Plus you get them cheaper than Sanders--Go Pats!!

exactly as i have had it. but you can get a good receiver with size you dont need to get bailey.

hopkins, rogers, dobson, hunter, williams etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

How much are you guys paying Osi this year?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

How much are you guys paying Osi this year?

we aren't paying him as much as the falcons! but then we already won twice with him so if he left least we can say we had success with him before we let him walk

25. This post has been removed.