Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Pit matched orrer sheet for Sanders

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

we aren't paying him as much as the falcons! but then we already won twice with him so if he left least we can say we had success with him before we let him walk

Oh so the fact that the Giants let a guy walk for less money that we let Wes walk for means the Patriots are cheap and the Giants aren't.  I guess if we had won a SB with Wes you wouldn't be calling the Pats cheap right?  LMAO @ U troll.  You are an idiot.

guess u didn't see my reply to the OP...check it out and u will see rather than me have to post it again

and as usual u read what u want to I guess-but to be honest hell yeah if u win a SB-or two- it can change ur perception of how u are going to do business going forward-absolutely regardless if GM's and coaches admit it or n

ie: the pressure to keep an OSI or any other big name around at this stage is a helluva lot less than if they had never won-and winning championships most certainly affects to a degree how u approach the future...and if u don't think it does u know little about football and nothing about human nature

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

$2.5 million is about right for a solid number two or three receiver.  So I don't think the Pats were cheap.  If anything the Steelers were hoping to get Sanders cheap at $1.3 million.  Seems like they were banking on no one wanting him that badly.

That is exactly correct. When they chose the 3rd rd tender it was two fold:

1. An NFC team to take hime would be ok.

2. We can't afford the 2 mil 2nd rd tender and we don't think anyone will offer a 2nd rder anyway (which is correct).

Reality?  They just paid more in 2013 than they had budgeted and ditched an extra 3rd rder as they rebuild.

That's a LOSS for Pitt.

As it turns out Pitt should have offered the second round tender.  They would have had him cheaper or would have let him walk to the Pats and ended up with a second roun pick (though I doubt the Pats would have made an offer if a second round pick was at stake).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Although I know some don't want to hear this, but the resigning of Edelman was a good move.  He's capable of getting 40 receptions as a WR in this offense.

I think Sanders is a better WR, but the drop off isn't some huge dip either.

I'd still like DeAndre Hopkins in Rd 1.  I think he'd be a great add even if raw.

I agree. If BB is going to take a first round WR, I hope it is Hopkins. He can run the route tree and is decent at getting separation. His comparisons to Roddy White seem reasonable from what I have read.

agreed

he was my top wr for pats who i brought to the board before there was any discussion of him (pairing him with rogers ideally) along with some backup plan wrs.

however our need is higher for a pass rusher. wihtout that i donmt know if we win a sb.

so as long as we get one of carradine (carradine ideally), okafor, hunt along with hopkins and rogers, that would make the day

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Meh.  Sanders had a low value for the Patriots because he isn't the smartest tool in the shed.

Then again, he's half a million dollars smarter than Pittsburgh's front office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it sucks that pitt matched, but im not surprised. back to the drawing board i guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dfitzp's comment:

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

Thats all fine and dandy, if only the Pats knew how to pick em.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This is a strong draft for WR's. There is plenty of talent to be had after the first round. Robert Woods, Marcus Wheaton, Maybe Justin Hunter, DaRick Rogers, Steadman Bailey.

Mcdaniels knows how to pick a receiver.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Exactly correct.  800K is obviously better than 1.2 when you're in the cap hell Pitt is in.

That 400K difference of which is a lot for them. Certainly a lot more than they would have preffered.

Factor in that it's tied to a long term deal and they blew it. They either thought more teams would be in on the 2.0+ bid and decide from there based on who bids (preferably the highest and an NFC team) or they didn't have the ability to do it. My money is on the latter.

They couldn't afford it.  Hence, the lower tender (3rd rd) hoping no one would really make the move. 

I thought they offered the low tender to attract the draft pick, but maybe they really were just hoping to sneak Sanders by, since RFAs rarely get offers.  Or maybe they did want a draft pick, but were hoping for something higher than New Englands' low third rounder.  Either way, the gamble didn't pay off for them, though at 2.5 million they are also not overpaying for Sanders this coming year.

Pats now need to revert to whatever their plan B is.  Knowing BB, he was ready for this possibility and has something else up his sleeve.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Although I know some don't want to hear this, but the resigning of Edelman was a good move.  He's capable of getting 40 receptions as a WR in this offense.

I think Sanders is a better WR, but the drop off isn't some huge dip either.

I'd still like DeAndre Hopkins in Rd 1.  I think he'd be a great add even if raw.

I agree. If BB is going to take a first round WR, I hope it is Hopkins. He can run the route tree and is decent at getting separation. His comparisons to Roddy White seem reasonable from what I have read.

agreed

he was my top wr for pats who i brought to the board before there was any discussion of him (pairing him with rogers ideally) along with some backup plan wrs.

however our need is higher for a pass rusher. wihtout that i donmt know if we win a sb.

so as long as we get one of carradine (carradine ideally), okafor, hunt along with hopkins and rogers, that would make the day

Agree. Pass Rush and WR are the two biggest needs. Anything else is for depth purposes (CB, LB, OL, etc.). 

I just can't see any way in which the Pats don't come out with at least one WR in this draft (assuming no trade for one). While pass rush is very important, in terms of skill level at each position, WR is the most lacking at the moment. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Keep in mind if he goes more aggressive than what the 2nd rd tender was for, you're talking about possibly not getting him to sign an extension past 2014, with BB losing his leverage in negotiations and Sanders going to FA, with us only renting him for 1 year. That is what Pitt is doing.  Banking on basically winning a SB in 2013. Sanders or bust.

This was all about a long term deal. Pitt was in such a bad state, BB just made their current situation worse.

The bid was more than enough and I am beginning to think Colbert isn't as good of a GM as many previously thought, at least with salary allocation. In that area, he's been pretty weak so far into and out of the lockout. The whole reason they couldn't get Wallace done in 2011 was because they misjudged the new CBA structure.

I am shocked at how bad the Rooneys misjudged the new CBA as big as they are in the league. Shocked.

i agree completely...only ozzie newsome and jerry reese are worse

two incompetents i tell you

Yes, I really enjoy my GM not having any leverage and being completely backed into a corner like we just saw with Colbert. lol

no the point is why do u always go out of ur way to rag on others? to raise BB up? especially-shocker!-the colts, ravens, steelers and giants

if belllichick is so "great" why the need to do this? shouldn't his "genius" speak for itself without the need to lower others?

How am I "ragging"? I gave my analysis on this DAYS before this final decision was made.

I gave evidence, fact, proof, etc, to explain the differences.  How is it "ragging"? Could it be that Colbert or these other overrated GMs are overrated and BB is underrated?

Hmm?

At worst, BB is toying with a rival. At worst.  Show me another GM that toys with other GMs like this.

I would have welcomed Sanders in here with open arms, but the beauty of this was BB putting the screws to the Steelers because they had no leverage in the situation.

As a fan of my team and one that doesn;t like the Steelers (although I respect them for sure), this was a no lose situation from my GM.

End of story.

Wake me when BB is backed into a corner like that.  Ain't happening.

the only problem with this long-winded  "BB is God" polemic is you refuse to listen to any legitimate criticsms or flaws people point out about Bellichick-anything anyone says that questions a draft pick or FA pick-up or God forbid criticizes Bellichick drives into a tizzy of spin, denial, convenient lapses of memory, etc...ur facts and logic and reason ad nauseum are one way when it comes to Bellichick...he NEVER makes an error-ever-in your world

now Tom Brady he poisoned your dog

Meanwhile, you and the morons who don't get basic economics can't balance a checkbook and live in Mommy's basement.

Trust me when I tell you this:

1. Pitt lost in this.

2. Pitt will not make the playoffs.

3. Sanders will not be in Pitt in 2014.

Get it? Good.

Emmanuel Sanders indirectly had the front office by the balls due to bad salary allocation in recent years and because BB happned to sniff that out realizing he could weaken Pitt and possibly create an addiiton here, with control of a new contract for a veteran WR.

I am not saying anyone is a god, just that BB, as a GM, is better than everyone else.  Pitt is in deep trouble. Don't expect Fat Ben to get better as he ages with the way he's played and the fact they're actually rebuilding, but don't want to announce it.

queenie you'll NEVER get it...u are so over the top with ur bellichick loves it's embarrassing and nothing u say here means squat, just more fancily worded pom pom waving-you are so one-sided and agenda-driven when it comes to bellichick u undermine ur own arguments but its the smart a** putdowns of everyone else to elevate bellichick that really makes you look pathetic

i will say the same three things i said from the start and which you cannot refute: tom brady and a pitiful division make bellichick look brilliant regardless and without bill parcells there would be no bill bellichick as he is today

as you would say: CASE CLOSED

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we aren't paying him as much as the falcons! but then we already won twice with him so if he left least we can say we had success with him before we let him walk

Oh so the fact that the Giants let a guy walk for less money that we let Wes walk for means the Patriots are cheap and the Giants aren't.  I guess if we had won a SB with Wes you wouldn't be calling the Pats cheap right?  LMAO @ U troll.  You are an idiot.  I wonder what bs you'll be spinning when either Nicks or Cruz walks.

I will say at least we WON with them before we let them walk  Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

$2.5 million is about right for a solid number two or three receiver.  So I don't think the Pats were cheap.  If anything the Steelers were hoping to get Sanders cheap at $1.3 million.  Seems like they were banking on no one wanting him that badly.

Don't let anything like facts get in the way of the troll's agenda here Prolate.  The Patriots are cheap.  It's not like they handed out the 2 largest contracts for their position in NFL history to their TEs.

Gunty's comments proves my premise about media rhetoric is true.   "Cheap" means "they're smarter with money than we are".

"Cheating" means "they're better and more thorough than us".

He's playing off media rhetoric.   NE has arguably the highest paid people at the most important positions in the league and was 7th in spending last year.

i will only say it's awful funny saying the pats are "smarter' and "better with money" and "more thorough" than the teams that all have won sb's since they last won one and one team by beating them head to head twice

doesn't hold much water i would say

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I'm okay with this, in fact I never really liked it in the first place. Sanders is a decent receiver but isn't the guy we need, although I liked his blocking ability. He's kind of small and isn't the "deep threat" that a lot of people would like to see here. Lets see what we do with this 3rd round pick. There are some decent receivers out there. Maybe they grab one in the first round. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Oh so the fact that the Giants let a guy walk for less money that we let Wes walk for means the Patriots are cheap and the Giants aren't.  I guess if we had won a SB with Wes you wouldn't be calling the Pats cheap right?  LMAO @ U troll.  You are an idiot.  I wonder what bs you'll be spinning when either Nicks or Cruz walks.

I will say at least we WON with them before we let them walk  Yell

Just wondering, why are you even here? Honestly, you don't like the Patriots which is fine because we all have our teams. You seem to like the Giants so why do you bother posting here? From the looks of it you must spend hours every day on this forum, with the amount of posts you've made.

So why is it? if its to troll then you may have a serious problem that needs the attention of a professional. Maybe talk to someone about it. I'm not trying to insult you but this behavior is extremely odd. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I'm okay with this, in fact I never really liked it in the first place. Sanders is a decent receiver but isn't the guy we need, although I liked his blocking ability. He's kind of small and isn't the "deep threat" that a lot of people would like to see here. Lets see what we do with this 3rd round pick. There are some decent receivers out there. Maybe they grab one in the first round. 

I didn't like it at first but as the options dwindled down I thought he was one of the better choices at the present time.  With the receiving core they have right now I think they need to bring in a NFL experienced WR who can be a starter.  I wouldn't like them starting the season with the current crop of WR's and a rookie or two.  I don't know who that experienced receiver would be at this point but if they can bring one in then maybe they only need to draft 1 WR to develop in the system.  Maybe this now opened the door for Lloyd to be brought back in.  I will keep my hopes up that they have some sort of plan for a trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Life goes on.  Draft one in 3rd rd perhaps re-sign Lloyd.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

There never was an offer....it was a total conspiracy fabricated by Ron Borges...I'm telling ya..

After Broom Hilda and her sidekick, The King of the Tin Foil Hat Fools sniffed out that Gronk doesn't even have an infection, and are not waiting for the infection to clear before the fourth surgery as medically prudent....it was a Ron Borges Hoax...

And this tender offer....same BS....got Ron Borges written all over it.....damn conspiracies everywhere....lurking in the weeds...I can't take it...it's making me crazy....It was a conspiracy...before it wasn't...too much...

No wonder MB was completely sold out of Tin Foil today.....

Nice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There was no way they were going to let this guy go for that amount, teams don't hang their franchise quarterbacks out to dry like that...well we do, but most others won't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Life goes on.  Draft one in 3rd rd perhaps re-sign Lloyd.

Yeah, I agree. Why not just resign Lloyd? The only thing I can think of is that they are worried he will be rather bent and sulk/quit during the season if he does re-sign for less money. I can't imagine a guy that may be bi-polar (with a rep of not wanting to get hit) putting his all into it, but he looks like the best alternative at this point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Notice how it changed when Brady wanted more shotgun. Branch and Givens were pretty good.

lol

Oh, yes, crusty.  The following future HoF receivers all failed because TB prefers the SG and all went on to light the world on fire.  Wait, did the horrible experience ruin them for life?

Or did BB actually use a dart board with names,when selecting them?

Patriots receivers drafted in the Belichick era (2000-present): Deion Branch (second, 2002), David Givens (second, 2002), Bethel Johnson (second, 2003), P.K. Sam (fifth, 2004), Chad Jackson (second, 2006), Brandon Tate (third, 2009), Julian Edelman (seventh, 2009), Taylor Price (third, 2010), Jeremy Ebert (seventh, 2012).

Jeeze, will ya look at that list?  It's a wonder they won 4 games!

Wow!  The best one is a 7th rounder.

Guess 7th rounders are better in the SG, Right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Merely exercising his first amendment right. Didn't realize professional help was necessary for opining a personal view on this forum. When will the hate stop?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.