Pitt can't match...unless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Pitt can't match...unless

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats offered Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract to steal him from AFC rival Pittsburgh Steelers, but the ball is in Pittsburgh's court as they now have a chance to match the Pats offer. To retain Sanders, Pitt has to be willing to pay that 2.5 mill...

Here's where the genius of Bill Belichick sets in, Pitt only has 1.9 million in free cap space. We'll know if Pitt wants Samuel or not, they'll have to cut someone or restructure someone's contract. 

In other words...BB > Pitt...as usual.

I think the genius is that he's not doing a multi year deal. If he did, Pitt might be able to make it work easier.

That's the genius.

This is what Tony Mazz and Felger don't get. They kept whining with those high pitched voices all afternoon yesterday, but BB won't be throwing a 3rd to sign Sanders to 1 year here. If he offered a multi year deal, Pitt coud spread it out and maybe handle another roster mover after 2013.

BB has the screws put to Colbert right now and RKrap andMt Puuke still don't get it.

If they do get him, which the more time goes by, it appears they will, BB will then extend Sanders to a 3 or 4 year deal in camp or before the season starts.

That way he controls the contract. At least, that is the hope. Sanders will get a signiifcant raise, long term security, etc.

What you're seeing now with Pitt, the Giants, Ravens, etc, essentially all these GMs that peopl have been saying are better than BB, are cleary not better in terms of salary allocation, reading markets, etc. Not even close.

Can you imagine if BB had drafted Mike Wallace or had a good WR that was needed what was drafted 3 years ago, who are now gone, simply because of poor salary allocation?  This board would be asking for him to resign.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been talking about with BB in recent years. He has leverage to pick and choose who he wants in FA in 2013 and 2014.

Utter genius.

NUMBER OF CHAMPIONSHIPS SINCE 2005:

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

The Pats offered Emmanuel Sanders a 1 year 2.5 million dollar contract to steal him from AFC rival Pittsburgh Steelers, but the ball is in Pittsburgh's court as they now have a chance to match the Pats offer. To retain Sanders, Pitt has to be willing to pay that 2.5 mill...

Here's where the genius of Bill Belichick sets in, Pitt only has 1.9 million in free cap space. We'll know if Pitt wants Samuel or not, they'll have to cut someone or restructure someone's contract. 

I think the genius is that he's not doing a multi year deal. If he did, Pitt might be able to make it work easier.

That's the genius.

This is what Tony Mazz and Felger don't get. They kept whining with those high pitched voices all afternoon yesterday, but BB won't be throwing a 3rd to sign Sanders to 1 year here. If he offered a multi year deal, Pitt coud spread it out and maybe handle another roster mover after 2013.

BB has the screws put to Colbert right now and RKrap andMt Puuke still don't get it.

If they do get him, which the more time goes by, it appears they will, BB will then extend Sanders to a 3 or 4 year deal in camp or before the season starts.

That way he controls the contract. At least, that is the hope. Sanders will get a signiifcant raise, long term security, etc.

What you're seeing now with Pitt, the Giants, Ravens, etc, essentially all these GMs that peopl have been saying are better than BB, are cleary not better in terms of salary allocation, reading markets, etc. Not even close.

Can you imagine if BB had drafted Mike Wallace or had a good WR that was needed what was drafted 3 years ago, who are now gone, simply because of poor salary allocation?  This board would be asking for him to resign.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I've been talking about with BB in recent years. He has leverage to pick and choose who he wants in FA in 2013 and 2014.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

Bill Belichick, waiting in the weeds . . .

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Two words: Tom Brady.

That simple.

It's not BB's fault his QB goes in cocky to games and then lays eggs.   

Roethlisberger was really superb in their two SB wins, right?

Dude, are you BB's girlfriend or what?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't hang off Brady's ba11s so why would I be Gisele?

I've said plenty of times that Brady was at fault as much as any other guy on the team. My point with Roeth was that team's can overcome average QB play and still win. Quit blaming it all on Brady.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Who says I under appreciate BB? I wouldn't want anyone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ might be right on Brady's subpar play in recent postseasons...however, as good a job as bb does, what Russ wont admit is that this team competes in the post season every year mainly because of Brady. No Brady, no post season...that simple. And, please don't reference the 1 year with cassel as it is an anominoly. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ, 

what you don't seem to understand or maybe acknowledge is that Brady and bb are linked. Meaning, Brady's subpar performance in post season is on Brady , but, Brady being on the field is a product of bb. Bb always could have traded or benched him, gone with hoyer, cassel, mallet...but he didn't and didn't for a reason...Brady provides the pats the best chance at winning.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not all about him and he doesn't cover for him as you suggest...however, this is a QB league and Brady for all his shortcomings you point out wins us games. Mallet and he arent plug and play pieces like the OL, DL, that we can get buy with . If you think this team wins the division or sniffs the playoffs with mallett,nthen you are delusional. 

My other point you glossed over. If Brady has been so bad in the post season for so long,mhy doesn't bb trade him and start mallett? Would make sense if they were plug and play as you suggest 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I don't hang off Brady's ba11s so why would I be Gisele?

I've said plenty of times that Brady was at fault as much as any other guy on the team. My point with Roeth was that team's can overcome average QB play and still win. Quit blaming it all on Brady.

It's the same old story.  Why doesn't anyone ever take into consideration the coaching, the game plans, the talent of the team going into big games.  BB has been out coached in the two Giants SB losses and the Ravens loss.  And I could also point fingers at the talent of the team for a couple of those losses. 

All season long the Patriots play to win, they put up points all season long and then they get into the big games and they play to not lose.  Their scoring is way down in the SB and post season.  Why?  Their game plans for the last SB and Ravens game were horrible.  Why did they not get Vereen involved more in the Ravens game when he had a stellar game the week before?  People can't put it all on Brady, or Welker or any one player.  That's crazy talk. 

The Pats get in the big games and they are out coached and beaten by more all around talented teams.  They can't put it all on TFB's shoulders.  Montana couldn't do it all himself, he was surrounded by talent.  Elway couldn't do it all himself, he didn't win SB's until he had good talent around him.  Name me 1 QB who won a SB without talent around him?  It's no secret, the Patriots are praised year in and year out to be very good with less talented teams, but it catches up to them in the big games when they face more all around talented teams.  Sure injuries hurt the Pats in big games but it's part of the game, gotta be prepared for that.  Who's shoulders does that fall on? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Not all about him and he doesn't cover for him as you suggest...however, this is a QB league and Brady for all his shortcomings you point out wins us games. Mallet and he arent plug and play pieces like the OL, DL, that we can get buy with . If you think this team wins the division or sniffs the playoffs with mallett,nthen you are delusional. 

My other point you glossed over. If Brady has been so bad in the post season for so long,mhy doesn't bb trade him and start mallett? Would make sense if they were plug and play as you suggest 

Please. Of course Brady is one of the best in the game. BB hasn't traded Brady because he clearly feels Brady is still his best option at the position.

The odds are higher Brady is the better Qb moving forward than Mallett.  Don't be a doofus. Your lawyer spin mode here is very obvious.

You know as well as I do if this team does not win a SB, BB will take the fall even if Brady tosses 4 INTs in the SB itself.

Okay, so now the odds are Brady is better than mallett moving forward? Sounds like lawyer spin to me or a bit of backtracking. You suggested earlier that we would surely clinch the division by starting mallett...is this still the case? 

Yes, bb should always take the fall. It's part of his job being GM and HC. He buys the groceries, coaches them up, and is responsible for the collective outcome 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Again, false. How is he "outcoached" in SB 46?  How is it "outcoached"? The execution of players who play isn't being "outcoached". The gameplan was followed, executed well during the game for most of the game. It was literally a few plays that was more about execution by PLAYERS that was the difference. It has nothing to do with the head coach.

Nor are miracle helmet catches on 3 different holding calls that could have been called on the Giants O Line.

Flat out false.

Outcoached is not being in the game at all, not having leads or one play or a handful swinging the game in the other direction.

TFB12 can't even get his assessments presented accurately. lol

I thought the problem was too little running, too much subbing of running backs, too much shotgun?  That's all coaching.  I'm right with you, though,  if you now think the problem is talent and execution.  Only thing I'd disagree with is that the big talent and execution problem is Brady.  I think it's been more the defense and the offensive players around Brady.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Rusty is only person alive that doesn't think the Pats defense's inability to get key stops hasn't hurt them in the Superbowl loses. Nink's off side penalty on 3rd down could be easily pinpointed as the that cost them a Superbowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

That's the genius.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

There is only one defending champ... that would be the Ravens... so unless you are a ravens fan you have no gloating rights troll. BTW, did the NYG even make the playoffs last year?

as usual u missed the point

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Rusty is only person alive that doesn't think the Pats defense's inability to get key stops hasn't hurt them in the Superbowl loses. Nink's off side penalty on 3rd down could be easily pinpointed as the that cost them a Superbowl.

That's pretty much up there with the Welker drop/Brady throw play.  That was key at a critical time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

That's the genius.

Utter genius.

GIANTS 2

STEELERS 2

RAVENS 1

PATS 0

Bill Belichick, waiting in the weeds . . .

barracuda?

Sections
Shortcuts