PITT Game Huge Test

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

PITT Game Huge Test

After watching the Pats game Sunday (very disturbing) and then watching the Steeler/Bengal game Monday - I am convinced the Steelers can be had.  However - the Pats may have to play near perfect football and their best game of the season thus far.  At best - they will have to be creative offensively and defensively.  No huddle might be the way to go.  Maybe TB should give P Manning a call this week and get together on how to do this best. 

As far as this past weekend goes - remember in the fall of 2003 - the Pats lost 31-0 to Buffalo and won the SB - granted they had an awesome D.  So, the Browns fiasco though troubling -should be overcome.

My question - predict here: do the Pats get a momentum builder win this weekend? If they do - I think they beat a very hurt Colts team the next week.

Pats 32 Steelers 27 ---- Pats 30 Colts 21 

Hey schedule makers -- when are the Pats coming to play the Gills at the Rogers Centre in beautiful downtown Toronto anyway???

Canada Loves The Pats     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: PITT Game Huge Test

I, too, think Pittsburgh can be had. It's not a matter of Brady wanting to/being able to run the no huddle; it's more of when he's allowed to run it. We should start the freakin' game running it and get the defense on its heels.

Patriots 21 Steelers 17

Woodhead and Welker have huge games with a commitment to the short passing game to help offset the Pittsburgh blitz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from canpatfan. Show canpatfan's posts

Apd:Absolutely agree! - Send this to O'Brien!

In Response to Re: PITT Game Huge Test:
    [QUOTE]I, too, think Pittsburgh can be had. It's not a matter of Brady wanting to/being able to run the no huddle; it's more of when he's allowed to run it. We should start the freakin' game running it and get the defense on its heels. Patriots 21 Steelers 17 Woodhead and Welker have huge games with a commitment to the short passing game to help offset the Pittsburgh blitz.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: PITT Game Huge Test:
    [QUOTE]Apd:Absolutely agree! - Send this to O'Brien! In Response to Re: PITT Game Huge Test :
    Posted by canpatfan[/QUOTE]

If I knew where O'Brien lived or where I could mail him, he'd be getting something much, much, much less pleasant from me....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Just don't turn it over and the game will be close. Every time they have won on the road, they didn't turn it over.

It's pretty simple.

Every team is beatable. You can gte away with a turnover or two at home, but not on the road.

Generally speaking, NE is a top 5 turnover differential team in the NFL, so I think this will be another factor in helping them keep it close or winning.

Of course, this is under the assumption that they don't get run on all game long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. This will be a big test for the Pats. Pitt's Oline is a little thinner after the Bungals game, so I would expect that the Pats can stop the run and force Ben to throw. If we take Wallace out of the game which we can with McCourty, I think we can win this game. 

The true test will be on the offensive side of the ball...Hopefully O'Brien channels some Van Gogh like creativity and keeps the Pitt D on its heels. The Pitt D is big and strong, and no better way to gas them than to run no huddles and screens all day long. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Watching the Browns dominate both lines of scrimmage last Sunday was troubling.

The Steelers are the Browns on crack, particularly on defense.

I could see the Pats staying with the Bitchburgh on offense, so long as Brady is not constantly running for his life. But Rusty is correct . . .  if the Pats can't stop the Steeler ground game, mail it in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

1st rule...Do NOT allow yourself to get in a position where the refs can decide the game.
    As long as we don't do that and take care of the ball we have a good chance to come away with a win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Patriots will crush Steelers...31-17...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This year in the NFL there are NO gimmees.....   Pitt game being a huge test?  No, Duhhhh!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I have to say I have been very dissapointed in this season so far. There record is kind of an illusion for how the season truly has been. 6-2 isn't a justifiable record at all. This team could just as easily have 1 win with that being the first week of the season. If you take a look at there other 5 wins, you see narrow escapes in 4 of them which came down to the 4th quarter. The Miami game score was lopsided, and even that was an illusion. Really there special teams helped them win that game with key plays, and a record breaking game on that side of the ball. If you take those plays away, and the field position there ST got them, that could have been easily been a loss.

My observations are that the Patriots have just been a horrible team as far as efficiency goes, there on for a streak, and off for a streak. It's just not going to be a pretty game against the Steelers. I have yet to see anything to show me that they will be able to compete with a team at the top of the league. I could see them finishing this year 4-4 with losses against Pitt, Indy, Jets, Gbay.

Unless, there offense starts playing more efficient, and there defense plays more efficient.