Pitt loses, who is #1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Pitt loses, who is #1?

THEEEEEEEEE PATTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Pitt loses, who is #1?

Patriots definately serving notice on NFL that they may be young but they are going to get even bettter with experience and they are already the #1 team in NFL...Scarey thought on Halloween! lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wow.  Seems like ole' times.  Well, not that long ago.

BTW, I made a crack elsewhere that I hoped the zebras didn't make another bogus call to help the Steelers escape once again with victory.  So afterwood, I went to watch the end of the game and caught the the drive in which Breese fumbles, with the three plays leading up to that moment going like these:

1) Incomplete pass, but Steelers get away with obvious P/I that is mentioned by announcers.

2) Completed pass, and receiver is hit late by a Steelers dcefender when he is out-of-bounds, but no flag.

3) Pocket collapses around Breese and he fumbles when he his hit in the head.  Announcers point out that Steelers should have been flagged.

What gives? The Saints won, but it seems pretty obvious that the officials - and maybe by extension, the league - are trying to help the Steelers win games they should not be winning. 

Does anybody else notice this stuff?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

All due respect to PaulK and others, this power rankings stuff should be reserved for college football where they prefer to decide who's better by taking a vote or asking a computer.  It doesn't mean a darn thing in the pros.

Chris, I notice that stuff too.  I especially noticed it today on the Pats clinching drive with the Vollmer phantom false start and the non-call on Welker getting mugged on the same series.  Seemed like they wanted to give Minny the ball by hook or by crook. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We are the best team right now. There is no other team that exemplifies TEAM like our New England Patriots. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was watching NFL Network after all the games were completed and Deion Sanders and Michael Erving believe the Jets even though they lost are the best team in the AFC and Mooch thought the Steelers were still #1 even though they lost. Again the Patriots got no respect but who gives a hoot what the blowhard commentators think? I don't know if they are the #1 team in the AFC but they are amongst the best 2 or 3 teams in the NFL. While Jack Buck was off doing the MLB game Aikman picked up where he left off in denegrating the Patriots at every turn,so I now know the fox broadcasts are working the hater aspect against the Patriots...All i know is just like Al Davis used to say "Just keep winning,baby" that's all the Patriots do!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

In Response to Re: Pitt loses, who is #1?:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  Seems like ole' times.  Well, not that long ago. BTW, I made a crack elsewhere that I hoped the zebras didn't make another bogus call to help the Steelers escape once again with victory.  So afterwood, I went to watch the end of the game and caught the the drive in which Breese fumbles, with the three plays leading up to that moment going like these: 1) Incomplete pass, but Steelers get away with obvious P/I that is mentioned by announcers. 2) Completed pass, and receiver is hit late by a Steelers dcefender when he is out-of-bounds, but no flag. 3) Pocket collapses around Breese and he fumbles when he his hit in the head.  Announcers point out that Steelers should have been flagged. What gives? The Saints won, but it seems pretty obvious that the officials - and maybe by extension, the league - are trying to help the Steelers win games they should not be winning.  Does anybody else notice this stuff?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I noticed the over/under on helmet to helmet fines is prob around 150k...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

who cares who's #1 in week 7?  seriously?  We Jet fans now?  
    Let's get to 8-1.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

look. we're still going to be listed 7th in power rankings. "no respect. no respect. no respect." Let's get the best record in the AFC, make it to the super bowl, and win it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm not going too another bias fan that just says their own team is the best.  Therefore I will base my decision on who is the best NFL team solely by their record. 
    That being said, I have too go with the Pats at 6-1 as the best team.  Just being honest about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

im not sure who number one is but it probably rhymes with new england batriots

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In a way, I would not want to see them put into the #1 slot.  As Pats fans, we think they may be entitled to be ranked such in many of the power rankings out there, but, to have them stay under the radar is nice.  But, with both the Steelers and Jets losing, the Pats are the only 6 - 1 team out there...  they are a shoe in for the slot.  I guess it is well deserved at this point...but, I'd rather see them in that slot when it counts the most, after the Super Bowl!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In a way, I would not want to see them put into the #1 slot.  As Pats fans, we think they may be entitled to be ranked such in many of the power rankings out there, but, to have them stay under the radar is nice.  You can still hear the non-believers out there a lot.  That is the way to shut them up... the Pats are given no credit, let them play with that chip n the shoulder and BB will drive them harder.  But, with both the Steelers and Jets losing, the Pats are the only 6 - 1 team out there...  they are a shoe in for the slot.  But, we have seen stranger things, right?

I guess it is well deserved at this point...but, I'd rather see them in that slot when it counts the most, after the Super Bowl!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

This team is still a work in progress.  It doesn't bother me at all about being ranked this or that.  It keeps this young team under the radar which I'm happy about.

One needs to stop and think about this Patriot team.  A very young defense starts the season and the offense that decides to change itself 4 or 5 games into the season.  The cover of this makes it look like a disaster in the making.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

The Only Thing That Matters Right Now

Is a first-round bye.

Everything else is icing on the cake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not going too another bias fan that just says their own team is the best.  Therefore I will base my decision on who is the best NFL team solely by their record.  That being said, I have too go with the Pats at 6-1 as the best team.  Just being honest about it.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Honesty is the best medicine

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

my feeling is they are the same team now that they were in game one with:
    1. more experience
    2. steady improvement

so we are in good position and beating really good teams
    jests were overhyped and the steelers seemed to get the good fortune of a beneficial schedule early on... long way to go... but at least you dont have as much of the sky is falling crowd anymore...nov and dec are the months that matter now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Wow.  Seems like ole' times.  Well, not that long ago. BTW, I made a crack elsewhere that I hoped the zebras didn't make another bogus call to help the Steelers escape once again with victory.  So afterwood, I went to watch the end of the game and caught the the drive in which Breese fumbles, with the three plays leading up to that moment going like these: 1) Incomplete pass, but Steelers get away with obvious P/I that is mentioned by announcers. 2) Completed pass, and receiver is hit late by a Steelers dcefender when he is out-of-bounds, but no flag. 3) Pocket collapses around Breese and he fumbles when he his hit in the head.  Announcers point out that Steelers should have been flagged. What gives? The Saints won, but it seems pretty obvious that the officials - and maybe by extension, the league - are trying to help the Steelers win games they should not be winning.  Does anybody else notice this stuff?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's noticed and it's sickening.

Pitt is infamous for getting calls every week. If you watch their games weekly, you'll see this all game long.

Look at last week in Miami.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

Hello,

I only care about two things:

1.) The Patriot's recieve the first round bye

2.) The media keeps viewing the Patriot's as the weaker ranked team.

**  The Patriot's play better as underdogs!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not going too another bias fan that just says their own team is the best.  Therefore I will base my decision on who is the best NFL team solely by their record.  That being said, I have too go with the Pats at 6-1 as the best team.  Just being honest about it.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

a very unbiased, honest assessment.. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I also turned on NFL Network to check out how the pundits would view this win.  When Neon Deion began with "I just don't see this team being as good as their record"  followed by "they don't have any flashy players" I saw where it was all going.  Apparently Brady isn't flashy enough for 'em.  In any case, the Pats are about winning as a team, not about flashy players. 

Speaking directly to point:  It's nice that the Pats have the best record in the league but that's all it is - nice.  As has been previously posted what matters is their record at regular season's end and how they do in the playoffs.

I will say I'm lovin' the way this D is coming along.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

You are what your record says you are (Parcells)
    That would make us # 1 (up to this point) and they haven't even played anywhere near what they're capable of, though we have seen flashes of their capabilities. "IF" they keep improving each week, it looks like there is a possibility they could make it to another SB
    Another bunch of no names who could become household names. Ninkovich is looking great, Mike wright is quietly over achieving, Cunningham, Brace may be starting to get it,  We are beating quality opponents, which is exciting. Brady making broken plays turn into TD's is nice instead of standing there like Bledsoe and just taking the sack. The Tate TD was sweet as was the TD throw to Branch against Baltimore.
    Lots to be excited about this week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]We are the best team right now. There is no other team that exemplifies TEAM like our New England Patriots. 
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

I just want to make sure that this idea does not get buried. I know it's obvious to most of us, but it bears repeating. As many of you know, I live among Vikings fan, and if I had a nickel for every time I heard, "The Vikings have so much talent . . . "

Well, I would have a lot of nickels.

And it's not just the fans. The media feeds into it, too. Talent. Talent. Talent.

You would think people would watch teams like the Redskins and the Cowboys and begin to understand that a collection of talented individuals does not necessarily make a good team. But some folks just never seem to learn.

Sections
Shortcuts