pitt or balt win this weekend. which serves us more in your mind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

pitt or balt win this weekend. which serves us more in your mind

pitt in hopes they miss the playoffs (we dotn have to face them at full strength in the playoffs

balt, in the slim hope that they end up wiht more losses than us (maybe we get the gye if we win out, if not, maybe we dont have to go to baltimore).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: pitt or balt win this weekend. which serves us more in your mind

I hope Pitt wins becasue I think we can beat either team in the playoffs, but it will be more important to get the #2 seed and a bye. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope Pitt wins becasue I think we can beat either team in the playoffs, but it will be more important to get the #2 seed and a bye. 

[/QUOTE]

exactly the kind of opinons i was looking for quag.

you are aware if pitt wins and makes the playoffs, the possibility of balt finishing below us is still a long shot (they are 2 [or 1.5] games up because of beating us head to head)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I am hoping Baltimore lose at least 2 more so I hope Pitt beats them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

That's easy...Pittsburg.

End of the day, we need Batlimore to lose at least two more games (assuming we run the string). As of today, we're probably looking at the 3 seed at best based on our having already beaten the Broncos. It's not the end of the world if we don't get one of the top two seeds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not afraid of Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I would hate to have to go back to Baltimore because they get the calls there, but I'm not afraid of them. 

We were owning them until Ray Rice started gashing our defense and BB had to pull the safeties up to protect the run. Our CBs, pre-Dennard and Talib, were not made for man coverage. Now, if we face Baltimore, we play more Chung and bring him closer to the line and play McCourty deep. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I have the Ravens losing two games, not counting this one, the rest of the way to the Bengals and Redskins. I have them beating the Steelers, Broncos and Giants. 

None of those three teams are very good, they're just untested. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have the Ravens losing two games, not counting this one, the rest of the way to the Bengals and Redskins. I have them beating the Steelers, Broncos and Giants. 

[/QUOTE]

In looking @ the above. I'd say the only "lock" for them is the game next week vs a hobbled Steeler team...The other four games, not knowing if they're home or away games? Are all against teams with playoff aspirations. Not sure with both the Manning boy's on the schedule that I'd be so quick to put either game in win column...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Obviously we want the Ravens to lose. 1) because they are better than Pitts right now, and 2) Ravens have a better record than the Pats right now.

San Diego had them by the b*lls last week and they let them off the hook!! Really? How do you NOT stop a team w/ a 4th down and 29 yards to go situation?? 

Anywho, I believe the Pats can beat either one of these teams on any field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

pitt beats the ravins with hoyer at qb!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm slightly more afraid of Balt simply because of where the game would be played. But, short of location nether team really scares me so I'd much rather have home field. Pitt beats Balt to me is the best outcome

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

On the surface this question is a no brainer ...

As everyone knows  - Pats need Balt to lose to help secure 1st rnd bye .

However -

A glance at the Ravens schedule shows that they are in for a world of hurt anyways & the Steelers are a team that come Playoff time might be a handful .

Big Ben  / Troy P. / A. Brown / DeCastro / Timmons may all be healthy by then.

Plax is now onboard too ( and though not the wr from b4 - still a vet that can perform)

Worst case scenario would be Pats getting 3rd / 4th seed and having to face a healthy & peaking Steeler team  - at best we'd get a W ( and likely beat up to start playoff run ) and at worst we'd be 1 and done .

That said -

I  F' i n HATE the Ravens right now and even though I think a healthy Steeler team is a tougher out than the overrated Ravens ...

I want to see them beat down this Sunday .

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

Tough question---do we root for a tie?  The scuttlebutt is that Ray Lewis may be back in the next couple of weeks.  He was at practice this week.   The bottom line is who are you more hesitant to face in a playoff game:  Big Ben or Flacco?  Hopefully, the Ravens win and put Pitt that much closer to elimination.  Then, if you look at their schedule--I see the Ravens potentially losing to the Giants and the Broncos (Peyton has always owned that defense).  Both teams could lose to the Bengals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Steelers win would help the Pats if they want homefield game(s). Wouldn't want to play the Ravens in the cesspool that is Baltimore during playoffs even though I know the Steelers are historically a better playoff mtach-up for the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Giants not tested and not very good ?  Did you not watch them destroy the Packers on Sunday night ? Giants always seem to win the big games, I think they can beat the Ravens and help the Pats cause.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this time of season I try to focus about the Pats, more important. Only thing they control is their game. Miami plays us tough, especially in Miami. Very important game with 2 tough ones coming up. Win your game first then worry about other teams.

[/QUOTE]

That's the fun part about being a fan Bobby, is that we have no direct influence on how the Pats perform so we have the luxury of looking outside the Pats one game at a time schedule and enjoy rooting against other teams in hopes it enhances the Pats chances of another ring

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the surface this question is a no brainer ...

As everyone knows  - Pats need Balt to lose to help secure 1st rnd bye .

However -

A glance at the Ravens schedule shows that they are in for a world of hurt anyways & the Steelers are a team that come Playoff time might be a handful .

Big Ben  / Troy P. / A. Brown / DeCastro / Timmons may all be healthy by then.

Plax is now onboard too ( and though not the wr from b4 - still a vet that can perform)

Worst case scenario would be Pats getting 3rd / 4th seed and having to face a healthy & peaking Steeler team  - at best we'd get a W ( and likely beat up to start playoff run ) and at worst we'd be 1 and done .

That said -

I  F' i n HATE the Ravens right now and even though I think a healthy Steeler team is a tougher out than the overrated Ravens ...

I want to see them beat down this Sunday .

[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. The Pats don't want to see the Steelers, with a healthy Roethlisberger, in the first round of the play-offs. Pittsburgh has a good balanced offense, and a stout defense. Remember the problems that the Steelers gave the Pats last year, in beating them easily in Pittsburgh? WRs Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, and TE Heath Miller are a tough match-up for the Pats' "D".  

I'd like to see the Steelers get eliminated from playoff contention, and face a team like the Bengals or Colts in round one. Even if the Ravens were to lose, they would still own the tie-breaker with the Pats...who would have to run the table (which would include beating both the 49ers and Texans) to have any chance of edging the Buzzards out for a bye.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i know its a longshot, but if the pats, ravens, and broncos all end up at 13-3, the pats would get the #2 seed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Balt, the Patriots want a bye and Balt is likely to blow at least one or three more games.

Unfortunately, I have Balt up by 9.0 points.  They're experts at working the refs at home, and Pitt doesn't play so hot these days.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i know its a longshot, but if the pats, ravens, and broncos all end up at 13-3, the pats would get the #2 seed.

[/QUOTE]

For this to happen, Denver would have to beat Baltimore in Baltimore...and the Pats would have to beat both the 49ers and Houston. If that happened, the Pats would certainly have earned the bye...and might even end up with the top seed. If the Pats can beat Houston, I can see some other team beating them, too. They haven't been too impressive the past two weeks. But, as you say, it's a long shot. I don't see the Ravens losing to the Broncos in Baltimore. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Giants aren't tested (after walloping GB and SF) but the Pats are at this point? Pass that thing this way, my friend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Root for Pitt. If Baltimore wins though, also root for Denver.

If Den, Bal, and NE all finish at 13-3...we would get the 2 seed with the conference record tie breaker

Sections
Shortcuts