Pittsburgh looks AWFUL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Pittsburgh looks AWFUL

So glad i took pitt(iful) in my pool this week. The Ravens are killing them.

Superbowl hangover?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Pittsburgh looks AWFUL

I think The Ravens are just making the big plays and capitalizing on mistakes. Their D looks very good right now, but we will see if they can keep that intesity up all year long. Don't be surprised if the Steelers come roaring back to make it interesting at the end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Rapelisberger is an interception machine, the Ravens have an easy victory today. Harrison is liable to have a post game meltdown about everything, his team s u c k s in every phase of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

i've felt all along that the ravens are a more difficult opponent for the patriots than the steelers. just my opinion, but we seem to match up well against the steelers while the ravens usually give us some problems.

as far as todays games go, the first week doesn't always mean that much other than a win or loss in the final standings. some teams come out playling great and end up not being very good, while some teams start awful only to become an elite team like the patriots of 2003. in the end the steelers and ravens will battle for that division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Hey, how bout Ravens look killer good!  Bolden, Reed, Rice, Flaco, Pitta and the other tight end.  THe beast D - I like their receivers better that Pats and that Ngata in the middle looks like Hurcules!  We better hope Our Tom stays healthy or we may not be able to stay with these guys!  Thoughts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

OK, I was wrong. Pittsburgh totally imploded and the Ravens took advantage of every miscue. Roethlisberger was just plain bad and they didn't really look like a team on the same page. I'll say it again, the Ravens are good and they came out pumped for this game. I am glad we aren't playing them this year because they always like to give us a hard time and beats us up alittle. Maybe the Ravens defense isn't too old after all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Pittsburgh of course reverted to their Dirty cheapshot selves as soon as the game was out of hand. They'll be back though I'm sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Seemed to me it was more of Baltimore's D being fired up and making plays than the Steelers being awful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

steelers will be fine and probobaly will still win division, however i did enjoy seeing roethlisberger and his crew get punched in the mouth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I have never seen Pitt. look so bad. They came out flat , Mendy looked scared , their D got no pressure at all , Ben was a TO machince ... just terrible all around. They reminded me of Notre Dame the week before. Everytime the had something going , boom , another TO. One thing i have noticed since last year is that teams arn't ignoring the obvious with Pitt. Teams are attcking their much overrated secondary. Not one of Pitts DB's can cover , including Troy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Steelers are behind the Bengals in the standings now. they folded like a lawn chair in a hurricane.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

The steel curtain looked awfully rusty, lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Did not expect this.  I expected the Steelers D to be older and slower, but I had no idea that the Steelers offense could play that awful.  And make so mistake, in every aspect of offensive play--pass blocking, run blocking, routes, downfield blocking, handoffs and pssing, they were terrrrrrrrible.

Which worries me a bit.  The Ravens are built to beat us--not saying they will, I mean they are built to take the ball out of the other team's QB's hands, harrass the HECK out of the QB, and grind up the clock.  They are the team I think matches up best against us in the AFC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They had 7 turnovers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh looks AWFUL:
    [QUOTE]Seemed to me it was more of Baltimore's D being fired up and making plays than the Steelers being awful
    Posted by aytee[/QUOTE]
    Yes the Ravens D looked good but Pittsburgh's defense looked as bad as i ever seen it.
     7 turnovers too, embarrassing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I called earlier this year that they would miss the playoffs this year and today only made that belief stronger.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Baltimore's game plan on offense vaguely reminded me of the Patriots' game plan last season.  They had great balance and they capitalized on the Steelers' sub-par cornerbacks, Ryan Clark, and linebackers in space.

Pittsburgh's porous secondary and their linebackers' weaknesses in coverage were exposed today by the Ravens' offense.  These are systemic issues that I think could nag the Steelers all season.  Ike Taylor is a #2 at best being played as a #1.  Polamalu's specialty is run-stopping - he overplays sometimes.  McFadden got abused.  And I noticed Baltimore trying to incorporate tight ends into their game plan.

Also, the Ravens' signings of Bryant McKinnie and Vontae Leach turned them into a meatgrinding roadgrating machine in the run game.

And the Steelers' offensive line has been dubious for at least the past three seasons.  Roethlisberger helps to mask it by breaking tackles and improvising, but they can't run which ruins their offensive balance.  As long as you rush with guys who can wrap Big Ben up and take him down, the Steelers' offense can be had.

Super Bowl hangover indeed.  I'm interested to see if this lasts all season