Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate"

The Steelers have been unable to solve the riddle of Tom Brady for the past decade. In the following article, the author must put in the obligatory line that "Some fans put an asterisk on Brady's success due to spygate"...blah, blah, blah. What they really mean is that the Steelers and their fan base continue to use spygate as an excuse for not being able to beat the Patriots: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763644.html

Bulletin board material. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate"

They can cut that crap out.  It's been 4 years and last year the Pats went into the Ketchup Bottle and embarassed the Steelers on national TV.  Well after the BS Spygate crap.  I hope we destroy them again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

I don't really see how this is bulletin board material.  It's just some scrub reporters. The players don't give a crap.  The Anthony Smith guarantee was real bulletin board material.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate":
    They can cut that crap out.  It's been 4 years and last year the Pats went into the Ketchup Bottle and embarassed the Steelers on national TV.  Well after the BS Spygate crap.  I hope we destroy them again.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats

Here's more spygate whining:

"When revelations surfaced that Patriots coach Bill Belichick pulled off an illegal spying operation on opponents for years, some Steelers claimed New England stole those two AFC championships in Heinz Field because of it": http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11298/1184661-66-2.stm#ixzz1bnzuzPch

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" :      Here's more spygate whining:      "When revelations surfaced that Patriots coach Bill Belichick pulled off an illegal spying operation on opponents for years , some Steelers claimed New England stole those two AFC championships in Heinz Field because of it": http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11298/1184661-66-2.stm#ixzz1bnzuzPch
    Posted by TexasPat3

It continues like this: "Nah, I've moved on from that. Most of the guys here now weren't even here. A few guys are here but a lot of the guys are gone now. We don't even talk about that game." -James Farrior

As I said before this is a reach for bulletin board material.  The actual players don't give a crap.  It's just some idiot reporter trying to get some attention.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" : It continues like this:  "Nah, I've moved on from that. Most of the guys here now weren't even here. A few guys are here but a lot of the guys are gone now. We don't even talk about that game." -James Farrior As I said before this is a reach for bulletin board material.  The actual players don't give a crap.  It's just some idiot reporter trying to get some attention.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa

Not at all. Both Pittsburgh papers mentioned it. Why do so, if they don't think that "spygate" was a big deal? Deep down, you know that the Steelers and their fan base still think that those past Patriots' wins are tainted.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" : I agree, but why doesn't the Boston media or the Krafts challenege these idiots? I'd be lining up the lawsuit very swiftly. You can't just write "illegal spying operation" when the commissioner said there was no advantage gained in 2008. It's not illegal.  It's very legal, with specifics that need to be followed, apparently, within the rule. It's just priceless to see Bill Cowher admit what he did and to see the Steelers press or fanbase try to spin away from it.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I suspect it's because it is more trouble than it's worth.  No one reads the Pittsburgh Gazette or whatever it's called.  If they were to go through with a lawsuit it would bring national media attention to an issue that is dead to rational people.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Ho hum . . .

It's Bitchburgh week . . .   so this must be "Spygate."

At this point, this is much ado about nothing. Writers may sell a few papers or generate a few extra hits among people who can't abide that Bitchburgh needed someone else to take the Pats out every time it reached the Super Bowl in this century, but I don't know that any of this is at all relevant as "bulletin board material."

When Smith ran his yap and then Brady specifically targeted him -- and even went so far as to "congratulate" him on the field -- that was bulletin board material and its repercussions in bold, living color.

I fully expect the Pats to hammer the Steelers again this weekend and put them in the rearview mirror until January, if Bitchburgh survives. After watching the Jagwires take Baltimore apart last night I'm beginning to wonder about the AFC Central . . .   errrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .   I mean North.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Like I've stated many times, 'Spygate' was so over-blown, probably because the Patriots were such a great team. We do have a few idiotic sports reporters in this city, but the majority understand that the game comes down to execution, because there are very few suprises any more in the NFL. Most teams have scouted their opponents 24/7 and can prepare all they want, but ultimately it comes down to who executes better on game day. No one has done it better than Tom Brady & the Patriots over the past decade or so. I don't blame the Patriot fans for feeling confident going into this weeks game,I would too if I was a Patriot fan. Coach Belichick always seems to come up with a great plan against the Steelers. I think he's actually one of the few coaches that understand's that the Steelers Pass Defense gets far too much respect. So instead of getting into an ugly game of ball control, his plan is to attack, and attack quickly. The Steelers run defense is improving since Aaron Smith & Casey Hampton were replaced by two young players. With Brett Kiesel returning after sitting out, that helped as well. The only way I can see the Steelers turning it into a competitive game is if they can control the ball. But their running game has been so inconsistent. The Steelers do have a nice group of young receivers, but if the game turns into a shoot-out, I think the Patriots win by at least a couple touchdowns. Regardless, I'm glad the Steelers are playing the Patriots & the Ravens the next two weeks. It kind of adds a 'playoff' atmosphere when you play against the better teams.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Like I've stated many times, 'Spygate' was so over-blown, probably because the Patriots were such a great team. We do have a few idiotic sports reporters in this city, but the majority understand that the game comes down to execution, because there are very few suprises any more in the NFL. Most teams have scouted their opponents 24/7 and can prepare all they want, but ultimately it comes down to who executes better on game day. No one has done it better than Tom Brady & the Patriots over the past decade or so. I don't blame the Patriot fans for feeling confident going into this weeks game,I would too if I was a Patriot fan. Coach Belichick always seems to come up with a great plan against the Steelers. I think he's actually one of the few coaches that understand's that the Steelers Pass Defense gets far too much respect. So instead of getting into an ugly game of ball control, his plan is to attack, and attack quickly. The Steelers run defense is improving since Aaron Smith & Casey Hampton were replaced by two young players. With Brett Kiesel returning after sitting out, that helped as well. The only way I can see the Steelers turning it into a competitive game is if they can control the ball. But their running game has been so inconsistent. The Steelers do have a nice group of young receivers, but if the game turns into a shoot-out, I think the Patriots win by at least a couple touchdowns. Regardless, I'm glad the Steelers are playing the Patriots & the Ravens the next two weeks. It kind of adds a 'playoff' atmosphere when you play against the better teams.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

The Steelers are always tough. But, not having James Harrison will hurt. Also, there's an issue with Hines Ward's ankle. The Pats need to stop the run, and take away any Mike Wallace big plays. I expect the Pats to do what they always do against the Steelers...spread them out.

For the Steelers to win, they'll need to pressure Brady up the middle, and stop the Patriots' underrated running game. If the Pats are able to run the ball successfully, that sets up the play action passes, which have murdered the Steelers in the past.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Right, but it's a problem that writers continue to reference it in such a way they continue to leave out facts and contexts. Bouchette calls it an "illegal spying operation". It's factually incorrect, once we learned about this topic. There was nothing "illegal" about that at all. And if it was, Bill Cowher was breaking the law, too.  What's sad is, there are Pats fans who have done more research on this whole thing and know more than the people getting paid to document this in print. Once you put somemthing in print to make money off it, and it's factually incorrect, you are opening yourself up to a potential lawsuit and I think the Krafts are way too casual about this. The Globe has canned people like Borges for plagiarism, Tomase clearly should have lost his job in 2008, and I think it's high time the Krafts or at least Stacey James (Pats publicist) pick up the phone and take a stand here. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

The media has their template on "spygate". No matter how many facts are thrown at them, they'll stick to it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Pat do you really care what Steelers fans are whining about? We go down there Sunday and win and they'll probably claim it was because of spygate. Everybody seems to need an excuse these days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Without bothering to check the stats, isn't it true that the Pats have achieved a much better regular season record since Spygate?  Not winning Super Bowls should seem to be understood as a consequence of rebuilding the aged D and the constant loss of coaching talent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Without bothering to check the stats, isn't it true that the Pats have achieved a much better regular season record since Spygate?  Not winning Super Bowls should seem to be understood as a consequence of rebuilding the aged D and the constant loss of coaching talent.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Facts mean nothing to spygate whiners.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

The Spygate stuff will unfortunately always be with us. I expect to hear about it the next time the Patriots get to the Super Bowl (hopefully in a few months), and I expect to hear about it in the run-up to BB and TB's inductions into the HOF.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Apparently there's still lots of roid rage in the Burg.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

like I sayed weeks ago its funny how you have ny giants flopping faking injuries during a game (no big deal)  but it those were new england patriots player OMG we would have to open a congerresinal hearing on it  it would have been top news in the sports world. 

haters will always hate on the patriots

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

OK lets just go with it.

In January 2002 Belichick had the signals.  In the second quarter he had Brady fake an ankle injury because he knew that 1) David Patton would be single covered and 2) only Drew Bledsoe could throw the fade, especially since he hadn't thrown an in game pass since week 2 back in September.  What an evil genius!

Then, BB stole the punt coverage signal and tricked Pittsburg's gunner into running out of bounds, forcing a rekick which Troy Brown ran in for TD.

Then, BB stole the Pittsburg FG signal, instructing the D-line to block the FG.  Knowing all this he put Troy Brown on the field to pick up the blocked kick and hand it off to a streaking Antwan Harris for the TD.

Without those signals the Patriots' offense could not have score all 10 of the points they scored that day, could they?  And without stealing the Pittsburg offenses' plays they couldn't have held Bettis to 8 yards on 9 carries, could they? Or interecepted the great Kordell Stewart three times, could they?

The truth is the Steelers should be grateful that BB exposed Stewart so badly that even the 10s of thousands of Steeler fans wearing Stewart jerserys that day had to conclude that they could never win a championship with that piker. Since then they have three AFC championship appearances and a SB championship.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2002/playoffs/news/2002/01/27/patriots_steelers_ap/

Sections
Shortcuts