Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate"

The Browns? Notice how inchworm always seems to be living in the past. I guess if you're a Jets fan you don't have a choice since your team's glory season occured before touch tone phones were invented. I see from his last post that his obsession with man on man sex has kicked in too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Is this tool really a Steelers fan or actually PhatRex? I can't tell anymore. Either way, your act is so old, let it go. Please.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

2010 Browns + 2010 Patriots = ZERO playoff wins... what's the difference what you record is, if you can't win when it matters?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" : Congrats to the Browns who played their SB at home in Week 7, while NE was rebuilding off the best draft in the NFL since the 1989 Cowboys. lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Kind of like the Pats playing their Superbowl on November 14th? If this is the competition, I can't be seen hanging around here.  I need someone that is in the same universe as me, intellectually, if I'm going to waste my minutes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Like the Conference Championship game the last two years? Funny how the bug thinks that not getting to a Super Bowl in a couple of years is so bad when the Jets haven't been in one since before the Beatles broke up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Is this tool really a Steelers fan or actually PhatRex? I can't tell anymore. Either way, your act is so old, let it go. Please.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

PhatRex crawled out of his dumpster because his Jets actually got above .500

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" : No, NE plays their SBs in February.  We have seen 3 this past decade. Pitt has 2 with a QB who mysteriously only had a QB rating of 43, the lowest in a SB of all time. Hmm. And of course the Jets haven't been to a SB since man walked on the moon. If you want to waste minutes, I suggest you continue to spend time doing so with your dopey geek friends in that basement of yours. I had your IQ when I was 8.   lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

To understand why the bug is like he is...http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080411032736AA25XjI

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Living in the past is spot on.  I've seen Mean Joe at the airport recently and he dosen't look so mean anymore.  Just a hunched-over, decrepit old man who could barely make his way down the jet bridge.  Proves that 'roids are hell on the body.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate" : Or if your a football fan Big Ben 2 TommyBoy 0.  Go win that division so you can get knocked out by either the wildcard team or us. New England Patriots - Built for the regualr season!
    Posted by MeanJoe[/QUOTE]

Or if you are a REAL football fan, you'd know that the rapist can't win it if the Pats are in it.  How many play-off wins against the Pats during that time?
    HINT:  open your mouth real wide and go look in the mirror.  What do you see?
                                             o   o
                                               />
                                               O

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Pittsburgh Media Still Whining About "Spygate":
    [QUOTE]     The Steelers have been unable to solve the riddle of Tom Brady for the past decade. In the following article, the author must put in the obligatory line that "Some fans put an asterisk on Brady's success due to spygate"...blah, blah, blah. What they really mean is that the Steelers and their fan base continue to use spygate as an excuse for not being able to beat the Patriots: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763644.html      Bulletin board material. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Nothin on the team doctor who promoted HGH, though
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Mean Joe, how can you say the Patriots are the most over-rated team in the NFL?
    And you know darn well that 'spygate' was way overblown! These teams  scout each other 24/7. Teams may have a huge playbook, but they basically run a certain amount of plays most of the time. Look at Basketball, most teams only have a handful of plays, heck the point guard even calls the play as he's dribbling down the court. The defense knows whats coming, but still can't stop it most times...It all comes down to Execution!  Isn't any different in Football, or any other sport.  Time to come up with something more original than the old worn-out 'spygate' copout!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Dude, you've always been the best fan of another team on this board. Rational, not obnoxious and a good, loyal fan to your team."

Absolutely. Steelcurtain, you are welcome here anytime, you bring class but without abandoning the passion for your team. You show our resident Colts and Giants and Chargers trolls how it's done. UD6 can't go four or five posts without bringing up Spygate when his feelings get hurt. He could learn a thing or two from you.

I'd say good luck on Sunday but I wouldn't mean it, but good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we meet in the playoffs also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

What bugs me the most about articles like that, and idiotic comments from people like Joey Porter and James Harrison, is that they don't bother to take an objective look at what actually happened in those two AFC title game losses.

In 2001, the Steelers turned the ball over 3 times (fumble, 2 INTs) and allowed two special teams touchdowns. What, exactly, did any of that have to do with the Patriots filming defensive signals? (I should also add that the two teams hadn't met during that regular season, so I'm not even sure if the Pats would have had any "signal tapes" on Pittsburgh anyway.)

Their argument about the 2004 loss being "tainted" centers around the Halloween Massacre when the Steelers ended the Pats 21-game winning streak. Their argument goes that how could NE possibly turn things around so dramatically in January after the Steelers had won so easily on Halloween? Well, let's take a deeper look at the facts in that case.

1--On Halloween that year, the Pats went into Pittsburgh without the injured Corey Dillon and Deion Branch--arguably their two best offensive weapons except for Brady. Both of those guys were healthy for the January game and Branch, in particular, had a huge game.

2--On Halloween, the Pats actually started out in the lead but a few minutes into the game Ty Law broke his foot, left, and then Big Ben and Plaxico abused his replacement for the rest of the game. By January the Pats had figured out how to get by without Law in the secondary---it's kind of hard to adjust on the fly in the middle of a game, however.

3--In the AFC title game, Big Ben threw THREE interceptions, including a pick-six, and Pittsburgh failed on a 4th and 1 near midfield in the first quarter, which was a huge momentum-changing play. Again, the failings of the Pittsburgh offense had nothing to do with NE taping defensive signals back in October of that year.

4--Bill Cowher, down by 14 points in the 4th quarter, decided to kick a FG on 4th and goal at the NE 2-yard line instead of going for it--a decision that sent thousands of black & gold-clad fans streaming for the exits because they sensed that their team's coach was basically running up the white flag.

5--The Steelers, in January of 2005, were simply not playing as well as they were playing back in October 2004, when they blewout the Pats and Eagles--that year's Super Bowl teams--in consecutive weeks. In fact, it's kind of forgotten now, but Pittsburgh shouldn't even have been in that AFC title game, because the week before the Jets had them beaten, twice, in the divisional round, but their kicker shanked two very makeable game-winning FG attempts and allowed the Steelers to escape with an OT win.

But what are ya gonna do? To some, the myth of Spygate will live on forever, no matter how many facts are presented that counter and destroy those myths.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

@HardRight - Fantastic post. Arguing that the Patriots couldn't have turned things around between October 2004 and January 2005 isn't much different than if I, as a Pats fan, were to argue that the Jets must have cheated in the playoffs because we beat them 45-3 in December last season.

That would be stupid and childish. To be fair though, I've met more Steelers fans that are reasonable like SteelCurtain than MeanJoe -- who very easily could be JintsFan or PhatRex.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Hines Ward is still whining about "spygate". The western Pennsylvania press just won't let it go. I hope the Pats crush this bunch of whiners again: http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-notes-steelers-mum-on-spygate/article_28e4a1ab-b131-55a3-8d4c-9d1694371435.html

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]" but the Patriots WERE convicted by Goodell for cheating" Really?  Says who? Goodell "investigated" and he had to do something because people like Arlen Specter were after him.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

You spelled his name wrong. It's Arlen Sphincter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Amazing how the Pitt media still has to act like the kid who lost to another kid and will always scream back...  "cheater...cheater...cheater!!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I spy, with my little eye, a felony that begins with the letter "R"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]..... To some, the myth of Spygate will live on forever, no matter how many facts are presented that counter and destroy those myths.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]
    Hardright, this is the most telling statement you made in this post... to many fans of teams who have lost to NE in the playoffs, they will ALWAYS hang their hats on the overblown spygate excuse.  They, somehow, truly believe simple game film can be a direct cause for their team's defeat.  They totally forget there are 50 - 70 plays in which their D can stop the Pats and about the same number in which their O can score more than the Pats.  Common sense does not rule in their minds.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Um, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the "memo", to stop filming each others defensive signals, originally come out in 2006?

Sections
Shortcuts