Plagarist...liar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Plagarist...liar?

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

A perfect example is that one poster will constantly suggest that the pats are the model by which every other team operates, that the pats know more than any other team, but then ask how could the pats have known that Hernandez had serious issues.  They believe, as Robert Kraft said, that Hernandez duped them. 

RESPONSE: Those who claim that BB and Kraft knew about AH are disingenuous haters, and/or are jealous of the success that this great franchise has had over the past decade...such as the Indy troll, UD6, a/k/a, the Dog(gggggg).

Pretty hard to square those things.

RESPONSE: Yes it is, isn't it? Doesn't it defy logic that a seemingly highly moral, intelligent, super-successful and astute business man like Mr. Kraft would pay out a huge contract to a player that he knew was a thug, who was using drugs, feared for his life, and hanging out with gang members? 

Remember, AH had another year remaining on his original rookie deal. So, Kraft and BB could have opted to let AH play out his rookie deal, and look at resigning him in 2014...or franchising him. If they knew that AH was so troubled, wouldn't that have made more sense, than handing him a long term, mega-money deal?     

As I noted in another thread, I don't begrudge the pats for handing Hernandez the contract they did.  He was not arrested regardless of transgressions he may have been committing.  He is an incredible talent.  If the pats didn't sign him, some other team would have.  I am willing to accept that the pats may have been caught in a "catch-22".  I am not willing to accept that they were duped. 

RESPONSE: Sorry...but if you agree that Mr. Kraft is the type of man that I described above, your conclusion that he was not duped seems, at the risk of sounding like Star Trek's Mr. Spock, illogical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so nothing on him lying and nothing on him getting fired.

So, the only thing left to wonder is:

Why is everyone calling him a liar and saying he got fired?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I love how everyone on this board loves to play the samtic game so i'll join in. 

lies or unsubstantiated claims... Call it what you want but these are just more examples of his credibility or should i say lack thereof. Lies that is for the indivisual themselves to judge.

When I posted my column earlier in the night, I had made the foolish assumption that all the Spygate talk was done for the night. But anytime you get Michael Felger and Ron Borges together for a Belichick legacy question, there’s a 99% chance of Spygate coming up. Now, it’s nothing new to fans in this market that Ron Borges is one of the biggest Belichick haters in the media. We also are aware that Borges was suspended from the Boston Globe for plagiarism; he would later “retire” from the Globe. I wish he would retire from making guest appearances.

It seems Ron’s new passion is to make up lies or unsubstantiated claims about the Patriots organization. The first lie came about a month ago when he claimed out of the blue that Nick Caserio might not have declined the Colts GM interview. That in fact, Belichick might not have allowed Caserio to interview for the role. When pressed by Tom Curran, Borges had no answer or facts to back up that allegation. Felger just sat there smiling.

Monday night, Borges said that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell believed the Patriots had cheated in 2001. He then said that Goodell called Belichick a liar. So let’s be clear, Goodell said that Belichick had lied to him when he said he would apologize for the Spygate incident. But, Goodell never said that the Patriots cheated in 2001. He said this: “We were able to verify that there was no Rams walkthrough tape. No one asked him to tape the walkthrough. He’s not aware of anybody else who may have taped the walkthrough. He had not seen such a tape. He does not know of anybody who says there is a tape.” At that point Goodell ended the Spygate investigation. I can’t read Roger Goodell’s mind, but he never SAID the Patriots cheated in 2001.

So what was Borges talking about? Well he was letting his agenda get in the way of the facts. In other words, he lied. Gary Tanguay and Felger didn’t even try to dispute the lie. Either they were too ignorant to know it was a lie or were encouraging the controversy. Either way, is that journalism?

http://sportsofboston.com/2012/01/31/super-bowl-media-day-lies-brady-bashing-and-rich-cimini-is-an-idiot/

As far as being fired let's play the semantics game again ...

If you honestly believe a "journalist" (and I use that term loosely in the case of Borges) that was suspended for 2 months for plagiarism who was allowed to retire was not a way to allow him to save face then one of us is awlfully naive.

So did he lie... in the case of the Shepaed EEI interview yes in the examples listed above call it what you want. The best I can say for him is that he is a agenda driven disengeniuos hack IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

If the Globe protected Borges by calling it a retirement as part of the deal for him to be removed, who else would you accept as a source?

NYJetsSuc already said to you he has family who worked for the Globe and knows the truth. It corroborates what many already knew. He was very obviously fired. Get over it. The fact you don't know this is a joke. You're from NE and somehow missed this when it happened?

You just want to argue and play lawyer after being exposed. You embarrassed yourself. Run along, Handy.

Awesome source.

What a riot.

A better source than Borges is or ever had!

It is well known that he was offered the retire or get fired option. In the back and forth in the newspapers at the time it was widely thought the 2 month suspension was the Globe giving him a chance to find another job. But the guy wouldn't take the hint and was going to come back to the Globe come hell or high water. If I recall correctly he was finally called in and told retire or get fired.

BTW if you ever worked for a company in a professional capacity, you would know that is how people usually get fired. They are offered the choice. Retire/quit, which means no lawsuit and you can put a good spin (in otherwords lie) about why you left, or get fired and leave no doubt as to why you left but maybe can bring a lawsuit and have all the sordid details brought to light.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The first lie came about a month ago when he claimed out of the blue that Nick Caserio might not have declined the Colts GM interview."

That's not a lie.

"Borges said that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell believed the Patriots had cheated in 2001. He then said that Goodell called Belichick a liar. So let’s be clear, Goodell said that Belichick had lied to him when he said he would apologize for the Spygate incident. But, Goodell never said that the Patriots cheated in 2001."

That's not a lie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

"The first lie came about a month ago when he claimed out of the blue that Nick Caserio might not have declined the Colts GM interview."

That's not a lie.

"Borges said that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell believed the Patriots had cheated in 2001. He then said that Goodell called Belichick a liar. So let’s be clear, Goodell said that Belichick had lied to him when he said he would apologize for the Spygate incident. But, Goodell never said that the Patriots cheated in 2001."

That's not a lie.

I beleive I said call it what you want. I also believe I said they were unsubstantiated claims made by a hack which clearly defines what his agenda is towards BB and the Pat's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

The reason Borges developed this small minded, petty grudge against Belichick is because Drew Bledsoe was Ron's inside source for info. When BB benched and then traded him to the Bills is when that petty little moron began his pathetic campaign against Belichick.

When he was questioned about it he claimed he had no relationship with Bledsoe and hadn't even seen him for months. When Bledsoe was asked about it, he said he had had dinner with Borges just a couple of days ago.

Meaning that Borges lied in an attempt to downplay his cozy relationship with Bledsoe. People that lie are called liars. What part of that is difficult for you to understand?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I beleive I said call it what you want. I also believe I said they were unsubstantiated claims made by a hack which clearly defines what his agenda is towards BB and the Pat's.

There is no question that Borges has been trying for years to bury Belichick.  I'm happy that you (and this is not sarcastic but genuine) can see the line that is walked.  He phrases things to get a point across, but doesn't cross the line into flat out lies.  His writing on the Pats has to be read carefully.  Character assassinations on Borges are understandable.

However, the fact is that no one can produce actual lies that he has told and no one can produce anything that says he was fired.  In 2013, it's "show me or shut it". 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ron Borges was NOT fired from the Globe. He did plagiarize. He was a Patriots antagonist after Belichik came here ... speculation as to why is out there (hint: Bill released his sources, closed down access, and benched his best friend/source Bledsoe). 

But he stepped down from the Globe, and was not fired. 

Here is the story from the Globe itself:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/05/18/borges_retires_from_globe/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

There is no question that Borges has been trying for years to bury Belichick.  I'm happy that you (and this is not sarcastic but genuine) can see the line that is walked.  He phrases things to get a point across, but doesn't cross the line into flat out lies.  His writing on the Pats has to be read carefully.  Character assassinations on Borges are understandable.

However, the fact is that no one can produce actual lies that he has told and no one can produce anything that says he was fired.  In 2013, it's "show me or shut it". 

The bottom line he has proven over and over again that he is not capable of writing a non agenda driven story about BB or the Pat's. You are going to believe what you want to and i will believe what I want. The facts are this... he lied about the Bledsoe situation and semantically he danced with and around the truth on other statements and articles regarding the Pat's... basically his philosophy  has been when reporting on anything Pat's... he throws shyte against the wall and  see if he can get anything to stick.

As far as his retirement goes it was a gift bestowed upon him by the Globe in order to save his career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Further research on this Bledsoe and Borges stuff has lead me to this:

One accusation that Sheppard made was that Borges had had dinner at Drew Bledsoe’s house, and how this closeness was part of the reason Borges turned on Bill Belichick so venomously when Belichick named Brady the starter even when Bledsoe was ready to return in 2001.

Borges went ballistic on Sheppard, screaming, asking what evidence he had of this supposed dinner, and when pressed on it yelled “NO I DIDN’T” and demanded again to have Sheppard reveal evidence.

Here’s your evidence, Ron: From Drew Bledsoe himself:

“@johnpumatang: @doublebackwine did Ron Borges ever eat dinner at your house?Him and Pete Sheppard we arguing about it on WEEI”Yes.

— Drew Bledsoe (@doublebackwine) November 28, 2012

So there you go. Yet another documented case of Ron Borges lying.

----

So, let's talk about the claims above.

"When he was questioned about it he claimed he had no relationship with Bledsoe and hadn't even seen him for months. When Bledsoe was asked about it, he said he had had dinner with Borges just a couple of days ago."

"...he lied about the Bledsoe situation..."

Is the above what you are referring to?

----

But wait.  That was proven incorrect here:

Correction On Ron Borges November 29, 2012 By Bruce Allen

Yesterday, I wrote that Mr. Ron Borges ate dinner at Drew Bledsoe’s house, based on this tweet from Bledsoe:

“@johnpumatang: @doublebackwine did Ron Borges ever eat dinner at your house?Him and Pete Sheppard we arguing about it on WEEI”Yes.

— Drew Bledsoe (@doublebackwine) November 28, 2012

This claim has since been clarified by Bledsoe:

@ronborges I hope u can imagine how this debate seems from 3k miles away. We never dined a my Casa together. U visited and we went to dinner

— Drew Bledsoe (@doublebackwine) November 29, 2012

@doublebackwine Correct. In Bend. OR for the Herald. About 2000 years after you left NE! Crazy, man.

— Ron Borges (@RonBorges) November 29, 2012

So Mr. Borges didn’t in fact actually eat at Bledsoe’s house. He flew out to the Northwest to visit Bledsoe, but they actually dined in a restaurant.

Our apologies to Mr. Borges. BSMW regrets the error.

---

---

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

Anybody that wants some insight into what kind of person Borges is, here is an excellent link for you:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/why-ron-borges-should-be-fired/5061/

It is from 2006. But it is just as relevant today as it was then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The bottom line he has proven over and over again that he is not capable of writing a non agenda driven story about BB or the Pat's. You are going to believe what you want to and i will believe what I want. The facts are this... he lied about the Bledsoe situation and semantically he danced with and around the truth on other statements and articles regarding the Pat's... basically his philosophy  has been when reporting on anything Pat's... he throws shyte against the wall and  see if he can get anything to stick.

As far as his retirement goes it was a gift bestowed upon him by the Globe in order to save his career.

Most writers have agendas, be they positive or negative towards the subjec they cover.  It doesn't make them liars.

Borges is guilty of copying someone else's work.  As far as I can find, and as far as anyone can offer for evidence, he hasn't been guilty of being a liar.  He does carefully craft his words to walk the line, but I haven't found an instance of the line between truth and lies being crossed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Ron Borges was NOT fired from the Globe. He did plagiarize. He was a Patriots antagonist after Belichik came here ... speculation as to why is out there (hint: Bill released his sources, closed down access, and benched his best friend/source Bledsoe). 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/05/18/borges_retires_from_globe/

Sorry Z, I like your posts, but you are wrong on this one.  For once, Rusty is correct.

I saw an earlier, sarcastic post (which Rusty didn't get and jumped on)  that pointed out that no one gets "fired" anymore or even back then.   Everything is a euphemism now.  But when you are the "firee" you know it.  And when X happens on Day 1 and Y happens on Day 2 it's not difficult to connect the dots and make a reasonable conclusion.  If you lived in Boston while this all went down there would be little doubt what occurred.  He was fired.

As for the career of Borges.  His schtick was to fill his columns with material that stretched the bounds of credulity.  He was a serial plagiarizer.  If they continued to check his past columns this would be apparent.

Borges had been emasculated by Parcells when he took over the Pats.  He was so often the brunt of BP's antics at pressers that Borges gave up asking questions for the most part.  I mean it was must-watch TV to see BP humiliate Borges at pressers.  "What Pop Warner team did you coach?".

After Pete Carroll took over Borges started feeling his oats again and tried to ambush PC with loaded questions, interrupted the answers, and tried to do to PC what BP had done to him.  PC could not handle it.

When BB arrived Borges tried the act again.  BB cut him off immediately and Borges knew the gig was up.  He's never gotten over it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

Anybody that wants some insight into what kind of person Borges is, here is an excellent link for you:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/why-ron-borges-should-be-fired/5061/

It is from 2006. But it is just as relevant today as it was then.

I'll sum up that article for those who don't have the time to read it:

The guys who wrote the article feel Borges should be fired because they don't like how he does his job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Wrong Z...wrong, wrong, wrong...The Taylor's were always a class act...they gave the clown a chance to get another job and leave with his head up for past services rendered...ever since he's been a pouty , angry little man...Barnicle got the same treatment, then went and did it again with the NY paper...

As Rusty says, can't make this stuff up...

And I had family in BOTH Herald and Globe sports departments....it was all over the journalism business in the City, everyone in the biz knows what happened...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Shot...you've been shot...admit it...you are a Rusty stalker...no one ever saw you here before you decided to come in one day crowing about how you chased him from the Bruins threads...maybe it's time to go back if you can't stop exhibiting your psycho and twisted man-love for this guy....he's a pain but he's OUR pain, not some clown-boy, Phat Rex loving ding bat who knows nothing about football.... just shut it and stop this incessant hate spewing, anti-Rusty, Jet troll loving crud you've been spreading since the first day you showed up here chasing Rusty...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Most writers have agendas, be they positive or negative towards the subjec they cover.  It doesn't make them liars.

Borges is guilty of copying someone else's work.  As far as I can find, and as far as anyone can offer for evidence, he hasn't been guilty of being a liar.  He does carefully craft his words to walk the line, but I haven't found an instance of the line between truth and lies being crossed.

You and I can parse on semantics regarding his lying but the bottom line is everything he has written and commented on regarding the Pat's speaks to level of credibility or lack thereof on the subject. 

Bottom line based on his history regarding his "reporting/commentary" (if it can be called that) on the Pat's he rivals John Tomase as the least credible writer on the Boston sports scene. So why should i believe one thing in that article? 

EDIT: Why should I believe one thing Borges contributed to the RS article?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Borges was caught lying about his 'source' Bledsoe on WEEI and not having a relationship with him. This was uncovered in the whole "tweet" about dinner double take. There are so many links to it, it's silly.

Here is a thread with the "tweets" by Bledsoe saying he did, and the scripts from the WEEI show where he and Shep had it out.

This is Borges saying he never ate dinner with Bledsoe:

http://audio.weei.com/a/67101090/ron-borges-boston-herald-defends-himself-on-d-c.htm

This is Bledsoe's tweet:

Drew Bledsoe         @DrewBledsoe

@JohnPumatang: @doublebackwine did Ron Borges ever eat dinner at your house?Him and Pete Sheppard we arguing about it on WEEI” Yes.

11:46 PM - 27 Nov 2012

This is just kind of Pats/WEEI/Globe common knowledge. You are more a Bruins fan than a Pats fan, so sorry if you missed the whole (lame) soap opera. But there it is. 

And Borges was caught plagiarizing, which IS lying. Lifting whole sections from Mike Sando at the Tacoma Trib is a lie. Please don't say plagiarism isn't lieing. It is. It is a name for a specific kind of lie. And the whole reason (I'm an academic teaching people about this now) it is guarded against is because it casts doubt on the credibility of everything a news outlet does after the fact. 

Personally, I do NOT think Borges is credible, specifically when it comes to the New England Patriots. I never have bought into the tin-foil hat conspiracy theories about the media being out to get Bill, but in this case, Borges has been on a mission to sully the guy and his team. 

Everything from spygate, to running up the score, to this now: when something directly negative is printed about NE, Borges is always at the forefront. 

So:

Borges fired? No. He left in the middle of his suspension. 

Borges a liar? Yes. There is not a shadow of a doubt. 

Did he lie in the A-Hern peice? I wouldn't doubt it. He wouldn't be the first person to make things up about this team. Unfortunately, in modern journalism, all you need to say is "a source" or find someone with an ax to grind who is willing to spin a fable. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Does everyone know Borges and the other writer for the RS article have been buddies for years? Can anyone say "hatchet job"? Knowing that anyone who has ever written for the Herald while Tomase the Tomiane Boy was covering the Pats  goes after the Pats hammer and tong, including Felgie, another known Pats hater,  who STILL defends Tomase even though Tomase admits he screwed up bigtime?

And Shot, Bear Boy, you are a closed minded dullard...you can only accept what you've already made up your mind about...you will not open your mind or eyes to any other information, or stimuli, if you are that low on the totem of life's creatures...you still refuse to admit you carried on an entire thread's conversation with Phat Rex under all of his various screen names where he got you to over and over again attack Rusty..he played you, that trapped in his mommies basement, Lil' Debbie's Cakes eating kid played you for a couple of hours...PFFFTTTTTTTTT...go away!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Sorry Z, I like your posts, but you are wrong on this one.  For once, Rusty is correct.

I saw an earlier, sarcastic post (which Rusty didn't get and jumped on)  that pointed out that no one gets "fired" anymore or even back then.   Everything is a euphemism now.  But when you are the "firee" you know it.  And when X happens on Day 1 and Y happens on Day 2 it's not difficult to connect the dots and make a reasonable conclusion.  If you lived in Boston while this all went down there would be little doubt what occurred.  He was fired.

As for the career of Borges.  His schtick was to fill his columns with material that stretched the bounds of credulity.  He was a serial plagiarizer.  If they continued to check his past columns this would be apparent.

Borges had been emasculated by Parcells when he took over the Pats.  He was so often the brunt of BP's antics at pressers that Borges gave up asking questions for the most part.  I mean it was must-watch TV to see BP humiliate Borges at pressers.  "What Pop Warner team did you coach?".

After Pete Carroll took over Borges started feeling his oats again and tried to ambush PC with loaded questions, interrupted the answers, and tried to do to PC what BP had done to him.  PC could not handle it.

When BB arrived Borges tried the act again.  BB cut him off immediately and Borges knew the gig was up.  He's never gotten over it.

Yes, Borges was/is anti-Pats (really Belichik) I think that is beyond doubt. 

I was living in Boston when this happened.

I haven't seen anything credible that points to Borges being fired though. Sorry.  

You can state your speculation about it, and I don't necessarily disagree or think it's way off base .... but don't state it like a verifiable fact if it is not a verifiable fact. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I haven't seen anything credible that points to Borges being fired though. Sorry.  

Z..you are rspected here...but you don't know everything...on this you are wrongggggg...trust me, if you have any contacts among the press in Boston who worked here at the time they will tell you he was given the "gentleman's" firing...again, if you've worked as a professional that's how it's done if your employer has any class at all and you haven't stolen or been convicted of some sort of crime...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

BTW, Shot...over 16K entries in 4 years? Get outside, rub up against some tree bark, fish for salmon getting ready to spawn and fatten up for the winter, stick your nose in some suburban garbage cans, whatever you bears do to have some fun, but GET A LIFE...what are you, a shut-in?...You'll turn into Phat Rex at this rate....Lil' Debbie cakes covered in Clerasil aint' a diet...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Wrong Z...wrong, wrong, wrong...The Taylor's were always a class act...they gave the clown a chance to get another job and leave with his head up for past services rendered...ever since he's been a pouty , angry little man...Barnicle got the same treatment, then went and did it again with the NY paper...

As Rusty says, can't make this stuff up...

And I had family in BOTH Herald and Globe sports departments....it was all over the journalism business in the City, everyone in the biz knows what happened...

Borges was a pouty, bitter man before the firing. He's had an ax to grind with Bill and the Pats for a while!

Barnicle DID get the option to step down or be fired, but his offenses were spread out over a period of time, he had no credit line to even veil his plagiarism. He outright fabricated stories (about sick children in a hospital). And IIRC Barnacle and the Globe admitted it as such.

It's apples and oranges. 

Borges was lazy and dishonest.

Barnacle was just making stuff up all over the place, and was aksed to resign. 

Those are two very different degrees of plagiarism. In academia, one is a failed assignment, the other is expulsion from the university. 

The resignation story, versus the retirement story, were two totally different textures that matched the severity. One is an offense that warrants suspension, the other warrants termination. Likewise, Barnacle's resignation announcement was about leaving because it was "the best for the Globe," while Borges announcement was about him "to pursue other ventures" or whatever.

One is very likely a forced resignation. The other looks like a decision to part ways.   

As far as the 'family' goes, I'm not going to touch that beyond the fact that anyone on the internet can say that they have family and sources anywhere. It happens every day on this forum when people want to win an argument. I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe anyone (including some friends) on this forum that claim 'inside information'. 

Sorry.

I guess i'd believe you if you provided me with contact information about the 'people' that worked at both departments though. 

You'll forgive me, I like your posts ... but really, how many people here would you take at their word about a source? Really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Z..you are rspected here...but you don't know everything...on this you are wrongggggg...trust me, if you have any contacts among the press in Boston who worked here at the time they will tell you he was given the "gentleman's" firing...again, if you've worked as a professional that's how it's done if your employer has any class at all and you haven't stolen or been convicted of some sort of crime...

I do. I have an old friend that works for the Herald. I facebooked him this morning. I haven't heard back. 

Sections
Shortcuts