Plagarist...liar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Plagarist...liar?

Also, I really don't want to read through the pages of bickering here. What is the thread about now? This is obviously a carry-over from another thread where something was debated.

Why is a Bruins' poster on this forum defending Borges (and yes, I know he and Rusty are having it out about everything). 

But what is the specific claim about the Pats that merits a "Ron Borges: Misunderstood?" thread? 

BTW, you can tell someone is a Pats' newbie here if they even dare start one of these, haha. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Okay, I've been able to find the info on where Borges copied football notes too closely and got hung for it.  That's not really the worst thing I've seen, but still should have been avoided.

I can't find anything on him being proven a liar.  Can someone help me with this?

So ... what is the point of your question? The angle?

I'm missing something, as this clearly is rooted in another thread. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Incognitacious' comment:

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Ron Borges was NOT fired from the Globe. He did plagiarize. He was a Patriots antagonist after Belichik came here ... speculation as to why is out there (hint: Bill released his sources, closed down access, and benched his best friend/source Bledsoe). 

But he stepped down from the Globe, and was not fired. 

Here is the story from the Globe itself:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/05/18/borges_retires_from_globe/

Wrong Z...wrong, wrong, wrong...The Taylor's were always a class act...they gave the clown a chance to get another job and leave with his head up for past services rendered...ever since he's been a pouty , angry little man...Barnicle got the same treatment, then went and did it again with the NY paper...

As Rusty says, can't make this stuff up...

And I had family in BOTH Herald and Globe sports departments....it was all over the journalism business in the City, everyone in the biz knows what happened...

Borges was a pouty, bitter man before the firing. He's had an ax to grind with Bill and the Pats for a while!

Barnicle DID get the option to step down or be fired, but his offenses were spread out over a period of time, he had no credit line to even veil his plagiarism. He outright fabricated stories (about sick children in a hospital). And IIRC Barnacle and the Globe admitted it as such.

It's apples and oranges. 

Borges was lazy and dishonest.

Barnacle was just making stuff up all over the place, and was aksed to resign. 

Those are two very different degrees of plagiarism. In academia, one is a failed assignment, the other is expulsion from the university. 

The resignation story, versus the retirement story, were two totally different textures that matched the severity. One is an offense that warrants suspension, the other warrants termination. Likewise, Barnacle's resignation announcement was about leaving because it was "the best for the Globe," while Borges announcement was about him "to pursue other ventures" or whatever.

One is very likely a forced resignation. The other looks like a decision to part ways.   

As far as the 'family' goes, I'm not going to touch that beyond the fact that anyone on the internet can say that they have family and sources anywhere. It happens every day on this forum when people want to win an argument. I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe anyone (including some friends) on this forum that claim 'inside information'. 

Sorry.

I guess i'd believe you if you provided me with contact information about the 'people' that worked at both departments though. 

You'll forgive me, I like your posts ... but really, how many people here would you take at their word about a source? Really?

I have one family member who's in the Hoickey Hall of Fame for Hockey writing...if you are as smart as you claim you'll figure it out...nuff said both ways...

and yes, it's me...NYjetssuc...lol

You see, now I sincerely doubt this is NYjetssuc. 

Why sign in with a different handle? Lol.

haha. 

I see you are insinuating that NYjetsuc is related to Kevin Paul Dupont. If NYJetssuc himself will verify this, I'll hop on it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Ron Borges was NOT fired from the Globe. He did plagiarize. He was a Patriots antagonist after Belichik came here ... speculation as to why is out there (hint: Bill released his sources, closed down access, and benched his best friend/source Bledsoe). 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/05/18/borges_retires_from_globe/

Wrong Z...wrong, wrong, wrong...The Taylor's were always a class act...they gave the clown a chance to get another job and leave with his head up for past services rendered...ever since he's been a pouty , angry little man...Barnicle got the same treatment, then went and did it again with the NY paper...

And I had family in BOTH Herald and Globe sports departments....it was all over the journalism business in the City, everyone in the biz knows what happened...

Borges was a pouty, bitter man before the firing. He's had an ax to grind with Bill and the Pats for a while!

Barnicle DID get the option to step down or be fired, but his offenses were spread out over a period of time, he had no credit line to even veil his plagiarism. He outright fabricated stories (about sick children in a hospital). And IIRC Barnacle and the Globe admitted it as such.

It's apples and oranges. 

Those are two very different degrees of plagiarism. In academia, one is a failed assignment, the other is expulsion from the university. 

The resignation story, versus the retirement story, were two totally different textures that matched the severity. One is an offense that warrants suspension, the other warrants termination. Likewise, Barnacle's resignation announcement was about leaving because it was "the best for the Globe," while Borges announcement was about him "to pursue other ventures" or whatever.

One is very likely a forced resignation. The other looks like a decision to part ways.   

As far as the 'family' goes, I'm not going to touch that beyond the fact that anyone on the internet can say that they have family and sources anywhere. It happens every day on this forum when people want to win an argument. I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe anyone (including some friends) on this forum that claim 'inside information'. 

Sorry.

I guess i'd believe you if you provided me with contact information about the 'people' that worked at both departments though. 

You'll forgive me, I like your posts ... but really, how many people here would you take at their word about a source? Really?

I have one family member who's in the Hoickey Hall of Fame for Hockey writing...if you are as smart as you claim you'll figure it out...nuff said both ways...

haha. 

I see you are insinuating that NYjetsuc is related to Kevin Paul Dupont. If NYJetssuc himself will verify this, I'll hop on it. 

Older...and wrong newspaper...Dupont is a comparative pup in relation to this man

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

Older...and wrong newspaper...Dupont is a comparative pup in relation to this man

Hmmm. Why are you being so evasive? Changing profiles? Making veiled allusions?

This is exactly why I don't believe people on internet fora. If you are related to a guy, just say it. 

FWIW, the Herald doesn't have a Hockey Hall of Fame writer on its staff ... so I don't know where you are going with this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

This is exactly why I don't believe people on internet fora. If you are related to a guy, just say it. 

FWIW, the Herald doesn't have a Hockey Hall of Fame writer on its staff ... so I don't know where you are going with this. 

It DID...he retired.....and he had another member on the Globe sports staff....like I said, if you are as plugged into the Boston sports scene and you are as bright as I think you are, you'll figure it out..it's not hard to do....I don't think more than 2 are in the HOF from Boston...sheesh...and I don't want to put my name on these pages...for anyone...period...would YOU, knowing some of the wingnuts here?!...LOL! You type the initials of the guy, and I'll...wait...his initials are D.L.M..that's all you'll get from me...I don't want his name spelled out here...Bye...I'm going to watch the Butler...I don't spend all day here...I'd turn into Not A Shot or the old man Babe P...no thanks...

It's really easy to fiugure out...I just gave it away...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

It DID...he retired.....and he had another member on the Globe sports staff....like I said, if you are as plugged into the Boston sports scene and you are as bright as I think you are, you'll figure it out..it's not hard to do....I don't think more than 2 are in the HOF from Boston...sheesh...and I don't want to put my name on these pages...for anyone...period...would YOU, knowing some of the wingnuts here?!...LOL! You type the initials of the guy, and I'll...wait...his initials are D.L.M..that's all you'll get from me...I don't want his name spelled out here...Bye...I'm going to watch the Butler...I don't spend all day here...I'd turn into Not A Shot or the old man Babe P...no thanks...

First, I never said I 'think I'm bright' ... that is what you are saying. 

So you are now saying Monohan is your relative? He retired in 1990. He is not a source. Certainly not a credible one. He isn't a source with the Globe or the Herald.

The only thing dropping his name right now does is gives you a "source" that no one can question or track, even if he'd been retired for almost two decades when Borges resigned. 

That fact that you've danced around it and produced nothing affirms my suspicion.

No I don't believe you. Sorry NyJS.  

Like I said, anyone can make up any story about knowing anyone at any paper or sports organization on the internet, especially to win a heated debate, like your debate with NAS.

Also, why are you worried about spelling out his name ... you just did. He doesn't have active contact information with the Herald, so there is no way it comes to touch his family? Are worried he'll find out you are dropping his name? LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Sorry Z, I like your posts, but you are wrong on this one.  For once, Rusty is correct.

I saw an earlier, sarcastic post (which Rusty didn't get and jumped on)  that pointed out that no one gets "fired" anymore or even back then.   Everything is a euphemism now.  But when you are the "firee" you know it.  And when X happens on Day 1 and Y happens on Day 2 it's not difficult to connect the dots and make a reasonable conclusion.  If you lived in Boston while this all went down there would be little doubt what occurred.  He was fired.

As for the career of Borges.  His schtick was to fill his columns with material that stretched the bounds of credulity.  He was a serial plagiarizer.  If they continued to check his past columns this would be apparent.

Borges had been emasculated by Parcells when he took over the Pats.  He was so often the brunt of BP's antics at pressers that Borges gave up asking questions for the most part.  I mean it was must-watch TV to see BP humiliate Borges at pressers.  "What Pop Warner team did you coach?".

After Pete Carroll took over Borges started feeling his oats again and tried to ambush PC with loaded questions, interrupted the answers, and tried to do to PC what BP had done to him.  PC could not handle it.

When BB arrived Borges tried the act again.  BB cut him off immediately and Borges knew the gig was up.  He's never gotten over it.

Yes, Borges was/is anti-Pats (really Belichik) I think that is beyond doubt. 

I was living in Boston when this happened.

I haven't seen anything credible that points to Borges being fired though. Sorry.  

You can state your speculation about it, and I don't necessarily disagree or think it's way off base .... but don't state it like a verifiable fact if it is not a verifiable fact. 

Z, I've lived in the Boston area my entire life aside from military service. I remember the news broadcasts on TV regarding Borges when he was given the suspension. I remember the  interviews he gave stating he was going to come back after his suspension. I remember the Sunday news "round table discussions" that were the rage back then discussing should he even be allowed back in the industry. I remember after the Globe did it's research,they said that he would "probably not be back" and right after that, I remember Borges saying, I thought at the time rather belligerently, that he would be back. Then I remember Borges nearly crying on the evening news announcing his "retirement".   Now, you can say he quit but the fact of the matter is The Globe was not letting him back in the building and had pretty much said so in public. They were even good enough to state they were sorry to see a talent like Borges go, even though he made such an egregious "mistake", but it was the best for both parties to part ways.

So you can say he wasn't fired and yes, the Globe never publically said he was fired. But the fact remains he "quit" a job that he didn't want to quit and that he professed on local TV that he was definitely coming back to and not quitting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

The bottom line he has proven over and over again that he is not capable of writing a non agenda driven story about BB or the Pat's. You are going to believe what you want to and i will believe what I want. The facts are this... he lied about the Bledsoe situation and semantically he danced with and around the truth on other statements and articles regarding the Pat's... basically his philosophy  has been when reporting on anything Pat's... he throws shyte against the wall and  see if he can get anything to stick.

As far as his retirement goes it was a gift bestowed upon him by the Globe in order to save his career.

Most writers have agendas, be they positive or negative towards the subjec they cover.  It doesn't make them liars.

Borges is guilty of copying someone else's work.  As far as I can find, and as far as anyone can offer for evidence, he hasn't been guilty of being a liar.  He does carefully craft his words to walk the line, but I haven't found an instance of the line between truth and lies being crossed.

Guilty of opying someone's work? Here in the real world it is considered stealing. And it is considered the most unethical thing a journalist can do. Why you would try to minimize it, is beyond me.

Yes you have found an instance of him being caught in a lie. It has been spoon feed to you more than once. You didn't even have to look for it.

Either you have a severe reading comprehension issue, you are insane, or you are a massive liar that enjoys screwing with people to see if you can get a rise out of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

No one cares what you are NAS try to deflect or spin here.

Borges "retired" after his suspension. What on earth do you think that means?   HE WAS FIRED.

They threw him a bone with the suspension to begin with and another on the way out the door by calling it a "retirement". He didn't get a retirement package either.

I have proved proof that he retired from The Globe.  Provide proof that he was fired or shut up.

hey Nas looks like hockey discussions is where u belong.they won't let u start silly insignificant threads here like they accept on the hockey forums.  posters look smarter here so maybe stay on the hockey forums where everyone accepts you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

Anybody that wants some insight into what kind of person Borges is, here is an excellent link for you:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/why-ron-borges-should-be-fired/5061/

It is from 2006. But it is just as relevant today as it was then.

I'll sum up that article for those who don't have the time to read it:

The guys who wrote the article feel Borges should be fired because they don't like how he does his job.

Why am I not surprised that you try to frame that article that way.

Do yourselves a favor and read the article if you are on the fence instead of listening to an obvious troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The longtime faithful here will (hopefully) forgive me for once again prefacing my post with the disclaimer that I haven't read the five pages of (probable) nonsense one might expect in any thread with Ron Borges' name attached to it . . .  but I did want to jump in and ask if anybody here remembers those halcyon days when Ron Borges was a damn fine boxing writer (back when boxing used to be a sport people actually cared about) who could stand proudly on Sunday mornings alongside the likes of Bob Ryan and Peter Gammons and Bud Collins and even a much younger Dan Shaughnessy -- in his pre-CHB incarnation, when his ego had not yet been outsized by the dazzling prospect columnaryism --  (oh . . .  and by the way . . .    does anyone besides me remember how desperately Leigh Montiville wanted to be Dave Barry?)

Anyway . . . 

I forgot the point of my post.

Never mind.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

Nice post.  Yep, I spelled that word wrong.

Borges wasn't fired.

None of what you wrote says he's a liar, however.

If you're making things up and passing them off as facts, yes, you're a liar.

I am not going to do research on Ron Borges's career to go find other examples of him doing something similar like he just did in that article.  Ron Borges is a known liar by anyone who knows who he is.

He's a sociopath, actually. He;ll always downplay what he really meant after confronted on pieces like this, too.

Like clockwork. Gutless puuke. GUTLESS

Someone has already pointed out to this troll one of the lies Borges was caught in and he just continues to pretend that he has no idea why anyone would call Borges a liar. 

It's like having an argument with one of my insane ex girlfriends. Logic just goes right out the window.

Boston is full of sortswriters that are complete scum. Borges' sleaze level stands out even amongst these people. Which is amazing. The guy made his bones covering boxing matches as a shill for the ultra slimy Don King. Pretty much says it all. He is a disgrace to his profession. I can't, for the life of me figure out why this joke is still working in the business.

I'm starting to think this Not-A-Shot troll IS Ron Borges. That's the only thing that would explain this level of density. Or maybe he just loves to argue.  Either way, you are wasting your breath on him.

I know it's a waste of time.  I can't tell if he is dumb or intentionally belligerent. He and TFB12 have really turned into quite the trollish duo, too.

If one takes me on and then makes a fool of themself, completely exposed early in  the thread, the other one sees it and tries to rescue the other.

Then, out come the deflections.

Ron Borges was fired. They don't want to believe it, but anyone who is somewhat intelligent knows he was fired.

I remember the backlash when he tried to come back and write something for the Globe. They knew it was over.

Geeze Rusty...what the heck did you do to "Not Quite Has  A Shot"?...Did you buugger his dog and cat in front of him and then  turn down his wife or what? He really is a cyber stalker, he REALLY has a woodie for ya.....running with that "thin line between love and hate" thing, his obvious manlove showing everytime he engages you...the dude needs help...strange lot those BRUNES fans...

It's really disturbing, isn't it?  They may be gay (not that there is anything wrong with that), but I am not.

I don't know how to get them to ignore me. 

understand that the only truth that matters to NAS is his own. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

But the fact remains he "quit" a job that he didn't want to quit and that he professed on local TV that he was definitely coming back to and not quitting.

Hey rtuinila,

First, off, why hasn't NAS said why he started the thread? His act is wearing thin. I have nothing against him personally, but it's starting to seem like he is a bad apple who came here to mudsling with Rusty. He should do that on the Bruins board. 

Like I said, it's not implausible, what you are saying, but it's not 'fact'. When you use mannerisms (people do all the time here) like 'fact is' about something that is actually speculation, you aren't really doing service to the facts. 

I have heard that he quit because he thought the Globe should have had his back instead of suspending him, considering he had a rider in his column stating that he uses some sources (vague nonsense) and was bitter about it.

Given the fact that he is a convincingly bitter individual about other things, and that the low-level plagiarism he committed isn't a termination offense in a lot of places (i.e., it looks more sloppy than deliberate, and only affected a small part of a side report) I'd see that as plausible too. 

Neither of those speculations are fact though. They are speculations. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

So you are now saying Monohan is your relative? He retired in 1990. He is not a source. Certainly not a credible one. He isn't a source with the Globe or the Herald.

The only thing dropping his name right now does is gives you a "source" that no one can question or track, even if he'd been retired for almost two decades when Borges resigned. 

That fact that you've danced around it and produced nothing affirms my suspicion.

Like I said, anyone can make up any story about knowing anyone at any paper or sports organization on the internet, especially to win a heated debate, like your debate with NAS.

Also, why are you worried about spelling out his name ... you just did. He doesn't have active contact information with the Herald, so there is no way it comes to touch his family? Are worried he'll find out you are dropping his name? LOL.

Well Z you've dropped way down in my estimation...you failed to read what I wrote to you...he wasn't the only relative I had in Boston sports sections of the TWO major dailies here in Boston...man, you are really not alot better than NAS  or Rusty or anyone else when it comes to not being able to live with someone saying you're wrong...LMFAO!..so, you're human...not an icon...who knew...LOL...it's OK, really!

First, my cousin is in the Hockey HOF for writing...what HOF are you in?..He stayed connected to friends in a very small community in this city for years after his retirement from the Herald...and went to work for the the Sporting News covering Hockey for them when he left the Herald...you didn't find that I guess......

I have another cousin who worked in the sports department as a reporter for the GLOBE at the same time all this crud was going on with THE LIAR.....that's how I know what happened...since you know the last name you should be able to figure it out...so there...I mean, now that you've put the name out there when I asked you not to, do your due dilligence to prove you are right and I am wrong, which it seems you NEED to do just like every other shmoo here, then come back with your detective work and let us see what you find...I say that in as nice a way as I can, because I DO actually respect you, just feel pretty good that you've managed to take some of the lustre off your own image here...your fault, not mine...BTW...why don't you tell us who YOUR checking with to verify stuff?...if it's just the Net, shame on you....if it's a person, let's hear it....your turn to prove who and what you know and how...

Welcome to the club...and NAS is a .........nevermind!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

I guess that settles it...LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

Well Z you've dropped way down in my estimation...you failed to read what I wrote to you...he wasn't the only relative I had in Boston sports sections of the TWO major dailies here in Boston...man, you are really not alot better than NAS  or Rusty or anyone else when it comes to not being able to live with someone saying you're wrong...LMFAO!..so, you're human...not an icon...who knew...LOL...it's OK, really!

First, my cousin is in the Hockey HOF for writing...what HOF are you in?..He stayed connected to friends in a very small community in this city for years after his retirement from the Herald...and went to work for the the Sporting News covering Hockey for them when he left the Herald...you didn't find that I guess......

I have another cousin who worked in the sports department as a reporter for the GLOBE at the same time all this crud was going on with THE LIAR.....that's how I know what happened...since you know the last name you should be able to figure it out...so there...I mean, now that you've put the name out there when I asked you not to, do your due dilligence to prove you are right and I am wrong, which it seems you NEED to do just like every other shmoo here, then come back with your detective work and let us see what you find...I say that in as nice a way as I can, because I DO actually respect you, just feel pretty good that you've managed to take some of the lustre off your own image here...your fault, not mine...BTW...why don't you tell us who YOUR checking with to verify stuff?...if it's just the Net, shame on you....if it's a person, let's hear it....your turn to prove who and what you know and how...

So again, why are you worried about dropping DLM's name (which you never asked me not to say) but you'll drop his initials, and his credentials, like someone can't just google it?

Do you think I'm going to harrass him or something?

As far as the other 'M', he retired in 2006 from the Globe. My source is the retirement stub posted by ... the Globe ... that's a year before the Borges story was even filed, that and more before Borges resigned. Apparently what the Globe publishes about itself doesn't have much credibility with you? And again, BM is another source that is unverifiable because he is retired. 

As far as your opinion of me goes, I'm glad that you had some esteem. But sorry ... I don't particularly care if I lost some. I'm not doing anything wrong.... I just don't believe that you had any sources ... I think people who say that make it up to win arguments. Nothing magical ... every other day on this forum someone claims 'inside sources'.

But filing me in with Rusty and NAS? Ok. Please. I could just as easily file you in with Commy Contrarian, et al, in the group of people who pretend they are insiders so they can win internet p!ssing matches?

Also, I've made no special claims. So there is nothing for me to back up. I've questioned you about your sources, and all you've come up with are retired names that absolutely anyone could affiliate themselves with after being questioned. And, mind you, you've done it in a really sketchy way ... 1.) signing in and out as another poster, 2.) giving initials and credentials but pretending you won't give names (the former is as good as this,) 3.) doing so with names that are unverifiable because, being retired, they have zero contact information professionally. 

Forgive me, really, but would YOU trust this ^ person after all that? Don't bother saying you would. You'd assume it was internet nonsense, which is what I'm doing. 

Sorry ... not being antagonistic but ... "you said so" proves nothing. 

Lastly, third time asking ... please answer ... are you afraid I'm going to contact DLM?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Well after working my way through the rhetoric of this thread to see what kind of consenus there is regarding whether Borges is really a liar or not, I've come to the conclusion that "Not a Shot" must be either a close friend of Borges or his attorney or both. 

What is most important to me as a Patriot's Fan is that any enemy of the Patriots is my enemy.  Borges has proved to be an enemy and not just a "journalist".  So the only thing I can do for Borges is to sing him a Hymn.   F        Hymn.

Borges and Tommasee  (SP)  articles are not even suitable for toilet paper.     Ever since Spygate these guys are dead to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

So again, why are you worried about dropping DLM's name (which you never asked me not to say) but you'll drop his initials, and his credentials, like someone can't just google it?

As far as the other 'M', he retired in 2006 from the Globe. My source is the retirement stub posted by ... the Globe ... that's a year before the Borges story was even filed, that and more before Borges resigned. Apparently what the Globe publishes about itself doesn't have much credibility with you? And again, BM is another source that is unverifiable because he is retired. 

As far as your opinion of me goes, I'm glad that you had some esteem. But sorry ... I don't particularly care if I lost some. I'm not doing anything wrong.... I just don't believe that you had any sources ... I think people who say that make it up to win arguments. Nothing magical ... every other day on this forum someone claims 'inside sources'.

But filing me in with Rusty and NAS? Ok. Please. I could just as easily file you in with Commy Contrarian, et al, in the group of people who pretend they are insiders so they can win internet p!ssing matches?

Also, I've made no special claims. So there is nothing for me to back up. I've questioned you about your sources, and all you've come up with are retired names that absolutely anyone could affiliate themselves with after being questioned. And, mind you, you've done it in a really sketchy way ... 1.) signing in and out as another poster, 2.) giving initials and credentials but pretending you won't give names (the former is as good as this,) 3.) doing so with names that are unverifiable because, being retired, they have zero contact information professionally. 

Forgive me, really, but would YOU trust this ^ person after all that? Don't bother saying you would. You'd assume it was internet nonsense, which is what I'm doing. 

Lastly, third time asking ... please answer ... are you afraid I'm going to contact DLM?

Ahhh...you could try...but he's deceased...nice one goof ball....

You are just like everyone else here...just can't stand to be proven wrong...and just the same as NAS.....will only believe what you believe.....that's OK...see ya

BTW...by your way of figuring...even you are just so much internet nonsense... as well as everyone here...nice thought...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

Well after working my way through the rhetoric of this thread to see what kind of consenus there is regarding whether Borges is really a liar or not, I've come to the conclusion that "Not a Shot" must be either a close friend of Borges or his attorney or both. 

What is most important to me as a Patriot's Fan is that any enemy of the Patriots is my enemy.  Borges has proved to be an enemy and not just a "journalist".  So the only thing I can do for Borges is to sing him a Hymn.   F        Hymn.

Borges and Tommasee  (SP)  articles are not even suitable for toilet paper.     Ever since Spygate these guys are dead to me.

LOL. Nah. I still want to know exactly why he brought Borges up. 

This thread almost comes out of the blue, outside of the RS story. 

My guess is he is playing Devil's advocate with Borges to continue his fight with Rusty. 

My guess on the specifics would be that he is saying Borges is credible and thus the sources he has in the story are credible and that BB did all the things that RS said he did. 

My answer would be: bollocks. 

AH: I think I'm going to be murdered.

BB: Yeah, man. You're on the lam ... get a 'flophouse' and lay low for a bit AH.

What is BB a gangster? He wouldn't suggest AH, perhaps, call the cops? It's a "family member" of AH who said this? Do they even try to make their stories credible? I teach writing ... and critique writing ... for a living. It's not even credible fiction because it's so out of character.

The whole story is a bogus fabrication by a disgruntled ex-Cop positing a non-sequitur (that he could have prevented the killing, even though his answer as to how makes zero sense ... by calling NE? Yeah, right. BB could rush down to Attleboro and nab a gun from AH because some retired cop was "on the case."

You know what IS logical and consistent with out experience? Borges trying to drag BB through the mud because he pinched Borges' sources a long time ago, and fired his buddy Drew because he was 1/10th the QB that Brady was. 

Know how I know? He's been slinging that nonsense for years. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

My guess is he is playing Devil's advocate with Borges to continue his fight with Rusty. 

My guess on the specifics would be that he is saying Borges is credible and thus the sources he has in the story are credible and that BB did all the things that RS said he did. 

BB: Yeah, man. You're on the lam ... get a 'flophouse' and lay low for a bit AH.

What is BB a gangster? He wouldn't suggest AH, perhaps, call the cops? It's a "family member" of AH who said this? Do they even try to make their stories credible? I teach writing ... and critique writing ... for a living. It's not even credible fiction because it's so out of character.

The whole story is a bogus fabrication by a disgruntled ex-Cop positing a non-sequitur (that he could have prevented the killing, even though his answer as to how makes zero sense ... by calling NE? Yeah, right. BB could rush down to Attleboro and nab a gun from AH because some retired cop was "on the case."

You know what IS logical and consistent with out experience? Borges trying to drag BB through the mud because he pinched Borges' sources a long time ago, and fired his buddy Drew because he was 1/10th the QB that Brady was. 

We can agree on that...Borges is constitutionally incapable of being objective when it comes to the Pats...so is Felger because one of the Pats threatened to smush his face around when he wrote something the guy didn't like...a B.S. move, I know, but from such things are bad press friends made...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

You are just like everyone else here...just can't stand to be proven wrong...and just the same as NAS.....will only believe what you believe.....that's OK...see ya

At least you got that one right. 

Well, I can stand to be proven wrong. I don't mind it one bit. What does irk me a bit is people making stuff up on the internet because it's east to do so.  

But ... ahem ... you haven't proven anything man.

You have a nice little story that is completely unverifiable: and in this context utterly unbelievable. One email, one shred of proof? That would "prove" something. You've proven nothing. 

Wait ... here we go. I know someone too! They are also retired from the Globe. They told ME the opposite of what you just said! They also said, they know DLM and BM and you aren't related to them. 

See how that works?

Now I've "proven" you wrong. 

Crack a dictionary ... look up the word PROOF ... compare it to the few things you've done ... then come back and cut me some slack for not believing you. 

Peace. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:

It's apples and oranges. 

Sorry.

haha. 

At least you got that one right. 

Well, I can stand to be proven wrong. I don't mind it one bit. What does irk me a bit is people making stuff up on the internet because it's east to do so.  

But ... ahem ... you haven't proven anything man.

You have a nice little story that is completely unverifiable: and in this context utterly unbelievable. One email, one shred of proof? That would "prove" something. You've proven nothing. 

Wait ... here we go. I know someone too! They are also retired from the Globe. They told ME the opposite of what you just said! They also said, they know DLM and BM and you aren't related to them. 

See how that works?

Now I've "proven" you wrong. 

Crack a dictionary ... look up the word PROOF ... compare it to the few things you've done ... then come back and cut me some slack for not believing you. 

Peace. 

Yeah...only problem is...they ARE my family....and YOU can't stand losing an arguement...LMAO!!!

Crack this...lmfao!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

And what are you doing, Z? Just picking the opposite to also troll and play contrarian, to support trolls like NAS and TFB12 who tell the board Borges was only accidentally suspended before his retirement?

Yes, people always get suspended for 2 months prior to their planned retirement.

LMAO

Just go away and leave the thread. People like you are a joke here.  

There are no "objective" posters here...only those who want others to believe they are...no more, no less...no exceptions...ever..LMFAO!

In some ways they are worse than the Phat Rexes of the world....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

You're right. The RS article simply defies any semblence of reasonable logic.    And to use as a defense of the article and I paraphrase here "well it is possible that it could have happened" is ludicrous.   It's 6:10 PM here in NC right now and I just checked the outside temperature which reads 86 Degrees.  Now it is possible for the temperature to drop below freezing tonight but extremely improbabable.  It's just as improbabe that RK and BB were aware of just how messed up AH was prior to giving him that massive contract.   RK became a Billionaire by being that Stupid?  BB suggesting that AH get a safe house?   Really?  Talk about Ludicrous!

Sections
Shortcuts