Plagarist...liar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Plagarist...liar?

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Borgis s problem is that the AH story had no sources beyond maybe AH himself

He also seemed to try and spin his story a little differently on M and M

Borgis does not seem to have a clean record , and credibility is the coinof the reajoule specially in journalism

the only  globe columnists i believe implicitly is Bob Ryan

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

gotta take everyone with a grain of salt - and understand maybe the context in which an article it being written

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

jri - I am not trying to change that.  But again, that doesn't mean that what he has written or contributed to about Hernandez is false.  There have been previous patriot transgressions that could be used to suggest negative things about the patriots, but I've seen such things vigorously defended here.  I am not interested in getting into that but am pointing out that perspective matters.  

here is what it comes down to. Either Borges and the RS writer are taking liberties with the truth or JK and BB are flat out liars.

When every other team (including the pats) stayed away from Hernandez at the draft who was easily a first round talent, that's telling.  The pats covet value in the draft.  Its been demonstrated again and again.  When they took him in the 4th, his value finally exceeded his known issues. 

Security departments within teams are there, substantially, to dig into their players' and draftees' lives and to know what they are up to even if they don't know their every move.  Maybe its me, maybe this whole idea of security departments within a team is a sham.  Maybe the pats really don't care about how their players conduct themselves, but if that is the case, then the "Patriot Way" has been a sham all along. 

Or maybe, as I believe, the Pats got put in an incredibly difficult situation by having to decide to extend an incredibly talented player or let him go because he may have become an issue.  Again, I don't begrudge the pats for their decision, but in doing so, they promote the "Patriot Way" on a wing and a prayer, not as a legitimate foundation for the players they employ.  

What does your personal feelings on the "Patriot Way" have to do with who is telling the truth?

Your response to my previous post is just you being transparent as to why you post here. Next time just address the question posed your answer was akin to something Russ would do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In addition to being a plagiarist, Borges is about one of the most negative people you will ever hear speak.  His wanna be tough guy shtick is unbearable.  I'm guessing many of the posters in this thread defending or aligning him do not live in Boston and have not had to be subjected to his painful diatribes about the Patriots over the years on the airwaves.  You may read his stuff, but maybe you don't see him or hear him often enough to realise the depths of his obsession with the Patriots.  With Borges and the Patriots, it's clearly personal.

Maybe it's just me, but I want my sports scribes, whether beat guy or columnist, to stick to facts and not get into the personal realm.  Borges interjects a lot of his personal hatred into his work, and it shows.  His objectivity is clearly in question. 

I couldn't care less if Borges and others call BB out for some of his game planning, personnel moves or mistakes in the draft.  That's the business, and that's what football analysts do. These guys are paid to second guess, all with the benefit of hindsight and all while pretending that they have the same football knowledge as the guys they are being critical of.  All fine and good, no problems there.

We all know that BB is aloof, calculating and can be condescending.  That's no reason to align yourselves with a guy like Borges who will always criticise anything the Patriots or BB accomplish.  That is, unless you have a personal thing against the Pats and like to fan the flames, which clearly some here do.         

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jri - I am not trying to change that.  But again, that doesn't mean that what he has written or contributed to about Hernandez is false.  There have been previous patriot transgressions that could be used to suggest negative things about the patriots, but I've seen such things vigorously defended here.  I am not interested in getting into that but am pointing out that perspective matters.  

here is what it comes down to. Either Borges and the RS writer are taking liberties with the truth or JK and BB are flat out liars.

[/QUOTE]
    When every other team (including the pats) stayed away from Hernandez at the draft who was easily a first round talent, that's telling.  The pats covet value in the draft.  Its been demonstrated again and again.  When they took him in the 4th, his value finally exceeded his known issues. 

Security departments within teams are there, substantially, to dig into their players' and draftees' lives and to know what they are up to even if they don't know their every move.  Maybe its me, maybe this whole idea of security departments within a team is a sham.  Maybe the pats really don't care about how their players conduct themselves, but if that is the case, then the "Patriot Way" has been a sham all along. 

Or maybe, as I believe, the Pats got put in an incredibly difficult situation by having to decide to extend an incredibly talented player or let him go because he may have become an issue.  Again, I don't begrudge the pats for their decision, but in doing so, they promote the "Patriot Way" on a wing and a prayer, not as a legitimate foundation for the players they employ.  

[/QUOTE]

Ok, everything you said might hold water except for the FACT Borges was asked about all the stuff he said about the Pats in that article during an interview on a Boston area radio station. He was asked about the "flop house", the missing practices, the telling BB he was in fear for his life. Instead of saying, Yes that is what happened , what he said was "Well, it COULD have happened that way."

Now unless your moral compass is broken you know that passing off a fabrication as actual fact, as Borges did in that RS article, is lying.

Since all of your accusations and recriminations are based on that lie, if you were really a moral person like you profess to be, you  would man up, admit you were wrong again and apologize to the entire message board for trying to perpetuate the lies and aspersions cast by Borges.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Wasnt protecting any source he flat out LIED! If your wife gave some guy a Bravo Juliet and didnt tell you when she was caught does that maker her a liar or "protecting her source?!"  wow notashot you have turned into quite the troll lately!

I'm a troll because I question stuff that gets posted and reposted without due diligence?  It's very clear that I'm a Pats fan through and through.  This whole Rolling Stone article thing is just flat out puzzling.  People seek the truth.  People don't want to talk about Hernandez.  People feel Hernandez is a black mark on the organization.  People this people that.

Suddenly an article comes out with some new info and the writers are crucified as if the article was about The Crowned Prince of America getting caught in some henious crime.

I started looking into Borges.  He copied some stuff.  Plagarism is bad news, no question.  I don't see instances of him being a liar.  Oh, in an interview he said he hadn't talked to a player when he had?  Big deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wasnt protecting any source he flat out LIED! If your wife gave some guy a Bravo Juliet and didnt tell you when she was caught does that maker her a liar or "protecting her source?!"  wow notashot you have turned into quite the troll lately!

I'm a troll because I question stuff that gets posted and reposted without due diligence?  It's very clear that I'm a Pats fan through and through.  This whole Rolling Stone article thing is just flat out puzzling.  People seek the truth.  People don't want to talk about Hernandez.  People feel Hernandez is a black mark on the organization.  People this people that.

Suddenly an article comes out with some new info and the writers are crucified as if the article was about The Crowned Prince of America getting caught in some henious crime.

I started looking into Borges.  He copied some stuff.  Plagarism is bad news, no question.  I don't see instances of him being a liar.  Oh, in an interview he said he hadn't talked to a player when he had?  Big deal.

So how many times has he claimed he spoke to a player when he didn't? Does that not speak to a credibility issue? Does his plagerizing not speak to a credibility issue? Let's say as some have suggested that it was him just being lazy. If that is the case then how do we know if he is being lazy in all of his columns?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Ok, everything you said might hold water except for the FACT Borges was asked about all the stuff he said about the Pats in that article during an interview on a Boston area radio station. He was asked about the "flop house", the missing practices, the telling BB he was in fear for his life. Instead of saying, Yes that is what happened , what he said was "Well, it COULD have happened that way."

Now unless your moral compass is broken you know that passing off a fabrication as actual fact, as Borges did in that RS article, is lying.

"Mortified, Hernandez returned to Boston; Belichick, per a close Hernandez associate, had told him to lay low, rent a safe house for a while."

He clearly attributes the statement to the other person.  He doesn't present it as fact.  He goes out of his way to point out that this bit of info was given to him by a third party.  Now, you can question whether or not the third party actually exists, which is an entirely different topic.  Outside of that, even if untrue, you can't say that Borges is lying here.  Maybe people need to understand better what they're reading.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See my post above your last one! Borges admitted on radio he made it all up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So how many times has he claimed he spoke to a player when he didn't? Does that not speak to a credibility issue? Does his plagerizing not speak to a credibility issue? Let's say as some have suggested that it was him just being lazy. If that is the case then how do we know if he is being lazy in all of his columns?

I really don't know.  Has this happened?  Has he been busted making up quotes from players?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Belichick, per a close Hernandez associate, had told him to lay low, rent a safe house for a while.

close Hernandez associate = street thug

So we're supposed to take the word of one of AH's friends over Jonathan Kraft and BB?  Yeah, so I'm gonna go with the word of the pillar of the community and the guy who runs a pretty good football operation over the guy who probably sells crack for a living.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

See my post above your last one! Borges admitted on radio he made it all up.

"Well, it COULD have happened that way."

This doesn't say that Borges made it up.  It says that the information he was given was possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I really don't know.  Has this happened?  Has he been busted making up quotes from players?

Who knows based on his history with not telling the truth and plagiarizing (or as some here prefer his laziness) I have a difficult time believing all of the details in anything he writes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Belichick, per a close Hernandez associate, had told him to lay low, rent a safe house for a while.

So we're supposed to take the word of one of AH's friends over Jonathan Kraft and BB?  Yeah, so I'm gonna go with the word pillar of the community and the guy who runs a pretty good football operation over the guy who probably sells crack for a living.    

There are a couple of ways to view this. 

The "street thug" has nothing to lose or gain by telling the truth or lying.

Kraft and Belichick know the only people who can know if a certain conversation took place are Belichick and Hernandez.  They can deny it to their graves and no one can prove it otherwise.  The Pats organization has a lot to gain by denying it, nothing to gain by admitting it.

I don't know who is telling the truth, the Pats or the former associate of Hernandez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who knows based on his history with not telling the truth and plagiarizing (or as some here prefer his laziness) I have a difficult time believing all of the details in anything he writes.

Oh, okay.  I thought there was more.  I didn't know that was just a random shot in the dark.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Oh, okay.  I thought there was more.  I didn't know that was just a random shot in the dark.

It is your right to discount his history it is my right to take his history and use it as a guide to analyze anything he writes about the Pat's.

You know like the time he picked the Patriots to win the AFCCCG on MSNBC and then wrote the next day in the Globe the Pat's were going to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It is your right to discount his history it is my right to take his history and use it as a guide to analyze anything he write about the Pat's.

You know like the time he picked the Patriots to win the AFCCCG on MSNBC and then wrote the next day in the Globe the Pat's were going to win.

"So how many times has he claimed he spoke to a player when he didn't?"

That's a heck of a lot more misleading than the safehouse statement in the article.  Based on it's presentation and context, it's appears to be something that has happened, not something you pulled out of thin air as you "take his history and use it as a guide".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You are not alone in this thought process.  I'm trying to understand it.  While it's true that he copied that other guy's work, has there been an instance in which he had outright lies published? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]

So we're supposed to take the word of one of AH's friends over Jonathan Kraft and BB?  Yeah, so I'm gonna go with the word pillar of the community and the guy who runs a pretty good football operation over the guy who probably sells crack for a living.    

There are a couple of ways to view this. 

The "street thug" has nothing to lose or gain by telling the truth or lying.

Kraft and Belichick know the only people who can know if a certain conversation took place are Belichick and Hernandez.  They can deny it to their graves and no one can prove it otherwise.  The Pats organization has a lot to gain by denying it, nothing to gain by admitting it.

I don't know who is telling the truth, the Pats or the former associate of Hernandez.

[/QUOTE]

But the point, to me I guess, is that Borges' information and sourcing is poor and not verifiable.  Of course, with his caveats, Borges goes out of his way to say, in effect, "...hey, I'm only telling you what I heard through the grapevine." He's including something in the article that comes from a third party, a guy who is not even the source of the quote, and using it to advance his anti-BB agenda.  Typical Borges. 

So yeah, BB and Kraft have everything to lose, but the Hernandez associate, the guy who is probably a punk on the street, has nothing to gain?  How about 15 minutes of fame, a quote in Rolling Stone, or being paid for his information?  If this guy exists, and if he's telling the truth, why hide?  

Again, this is typical Borges.  He lets his hatred overtake his credibility.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It is your right to discount his history it is my right to take his history and use it as a guide to analyze anything he writes about the Pat's.

Like the time he picked the Pats to win and then the next day he picked the Pats to win?  Am I reading that correctly?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Borges has left the impression that he has always had an axe to grind against the Patriots.

Sports writers are a funny breed. They want to be catered to; and if they are not, they can turn against you and seek retribution. Borges strikes me as this kind of narcissistic individual who feels wounded by being ignored and gets pleasure out of striking back to prove his worth.

because it sells ads. don't forget the purpose of the media. it's entertainment. Why do you think the jerry springer show or "reality" tv is so popular. They basically appealing to the masses and giving them what they want. Otherwise, we (collectively) wouldn't have anything to discuss on these boards Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NaS, he lied about parts of spygate was caught and apologized for "enhancing" certain details. He was caught plagiarizing. Even in RS article he's on the radio backing down from his own accounts and down playing certain elements like, he heard from someone close that BB might have said to lay low instead of in the article BB telling Hernandez specifically to get a safe house, and that he missed practices to well those weren't team organized practices so he wasn't mandaited to go, and that Hernandez smoked 3 joints driving him to Hernandez and his crew smoked 3 joints. Everytime something doesn't make sense or the account is contradicted Borges comes out and changes it slightly to be more of an opinion than based on fact as stated in the article. I have no doubt some parts might me true (like angle dust) but as Borges is known for doing I think he injected his own opinion on certain subjects that had missing holes to "enhance" the story. It reminds me of Jurrasic park. They had missing pieces of dino DNA so they replaced them with frog DNA to complete the code. I think Borges had missing pieces of the story so to complete the story he injucted his own opinion or what he thought made sense to get the story published. Which to me if you do that and pass it of as fact is not just morally immoral but is claiming false pretense. But, that's only my opinion on what happened.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

NAS I will leave you with this as the article is written much better than i could produce. You can do with it what you like and I'm sure you will discount it for whatever reason including the fact the writer may not like Borges but it doesn't change any of the facts or anecdotal information in his piece.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/why-ron-borges-should-be-fired/5061/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But the point, to me I guess, is that Borges' information and sourcing is poor and not verifiable.  Of course, with his caveats, Borges goes out of his way to say, in effect, "...hey, I'm only telling you what I heard through the grapevine." He's including something in the article that comes from a third party, a guy who is not even the source of the quote, and using it to advance his anti-BB agenda.  Typical Borges. 

So yeah, BB and Kraft have everything to lose, but the Hernandez associate, the guy who is probably a punk on the street, has nothing to gain?  How about 15 minutes of fame, a quote in Rolling Stone, or being paid for his information?  If this guy exists, and if he's telling the truth, why hide?  

Again, this is typical Borges.  He lets his hatred overtake his credibility.   

Why hide?  Maybe because the info he's giving is about a guy who is suspected of three murders.  15 minutes of fame usually comes with a name attached.  The guy who is quoted isn't garnering any fame.

The article clearly states that it's third party info.  It's a "hey, this is what one of his boys said" and it's opened attributed to that.  Love, hate or don't care about Borges, it doesn't make the statement any less true.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Like the time he picked the Pats to win and then the next day he picked the Pats to win?  Am I reading that correctly?

Apoligies should have read the Colts in the Globe piece.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Here's a different take.  Maybe AH's defense pushed this story along for the purpose of creating some iota of doubt for the actual trial. Great diversionary tactic.

Sections
Shortcuts