Plain and simple who in the AFC is better then the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Plain and simple who in the AFC is better then the Pats?

Im not saying were shoe ins for a spot in the superbowl but I think id rather be a pats fan than any other AFC team this year.

Colts who knows what Peytons deal is
    Steelers probably are biggest competition but we always matchup well against them

San Diego may be a surprise

I think we own the Jets this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Plain and simple who in the AFC is better then the Pats?

I think Steelers,Jets, Ravens Chargers are right there with us. Its gonna be a competetive year year.

Rivers offense out there in SD scare me a little. VJ,Gates,6ft5, Floyd and 2 young rbs with good skill sets.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

Nobody. imo  The two toughest teams are the Chargers and Ravens. The Steelers are good but we have dominated them since 2001, often blowing them out. The only Brady loss I can think of was the Halloween game in 2004, with the Pats crushing them in the AFC Championship game.

The Chargers are always tough with Rivers and a usually solid defense. The Norv factor gives the Patriots a decisive advantage in that one.

The Ravens are always tough. Lots of tight games in this series. Good defense but not sold on Flacco.

Forget about the Jets. They downgraded from last season while the Patriots have improved their roster. We should sweep them.

Indy- No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Plain and simple who in the AFC is better then the Pats?:
    [QUOTE]Im not saying were shoe ins for a spot in the superbowl but I think id rather be a pats fan than any other AFC team this year. Colts who knows what Peytons deal is Steelers probably are biggest competition but we always matchup well against them San Diego may be a surprise I think we own the Jets this year.
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Pats should be favored to win the AFC. But, I don't think that they are, on paper, the best team in the NFL. The NFC now appears to be the stronger conference...with Green Bay, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and New Orleans as it's top four squads. 

In the AFC, the top four appears to be the Pats, Steelers, Chargers, and Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

All those teams s*ck.  It ain't gonna be close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The Steelers are right there if not better. They are the defending AFC champs. Ravens also. Jets aren't far behind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

plain and simple, no one is better or worse they are all 0-0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Plain and simple who in the AFC is better then the Pats?:
    [QUOTE]The Steelers are right there if not better. They are the defending AFC champs. Ravens also. Jets aren't far behind.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as defending AFC Champs.  Last year is over, all teams are different now.  THIS year I think everything depends on our defense.  And I sure as heck don't know how that is going to work out.  It either will be awesome, or awful. And there is the season, folks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What mighty said

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

We should end up with Home field in the playoffs barring injuries. Pittsbugh doesn't scare me and Sandiego doesn't scare me. If our defense is as upgraded as I think it is neither do the Jets and the Ravens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I do think the pats are the class of the AFC, but I could see baltimore or new jersey giving them some trouble in the playoffs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If I had to predict I would predict the Pats will have the best regular season record in the AFC. But once the playoffs come I am not sure what we will see. I am not sure about the O line to protect against a stiff rush. Maybe yes but not sure at this stage. Not sure whether the Pats will have a stiff pass rush in a playoff game. Looking better but no reason to assume.

But frankly, I do think the Pats have a very good chance at showcasing a really powerful and balanced O and enough of a D to win a lot of games big and to go deep into the playoffs. Flexibility with some elements of domination. Old school BB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It's mere guessing at this point, as everyone is 0-0. But I think the Ravens, Chargers, and Jets are the biggest threats. The Steelers lost the SB, and that may affect them. It sure did last time. Even so, they have fared well in Pittsburgh with Brady at QB. The Chargers play at the Razor, so that could be a huge win for homefield in the playoffs. But the Ravens defense isn't what it was when they won the postseason game in 09, and Flacco hasn't really stepped up in the postseason yet. SD still has Norv, that's usually good for a NE win in January. The Jets are the worst opponent, as they would have already played twice. But all they needed was to pressure Sanchez and it would have been a different story last January. I'll throw out my predictions, but it's got to be at least 40% wishful thinking!

East: Patriots @ 13-3
    North: Ravens @ 12-4
    West: Chargers @ 12-4
    South: Texans @ 10-6

Wild cards: Jets @ 11-5; Steelers @ 10-6

Both WC teams win, Patriots/Ravens in the AFCCG.

The NFC has a lot of strong teams that are pretty close. The west is the only division without at least one serious SB contender.

We'll know who the best team in the league is next February. Nothing would be sweeter than to see NE hoist the Lombardi in Peyton's place!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

the Steelers biggest competition is their age.