Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    HUH?? WHAT??? We need Oline not that head case
    Posted by I sat on your toilet

it was also mentioned Chad Clifton from G.Bay was coming in as well

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Well, he may be 35 but he did have 2 years to really rest those legs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I like the idea for the redzone offense.  Number One with a Bullet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I hope the Pats sign him. This team needs a tall receiver that can go along with Lloyd. I can see it now. Lloyd + Burress on one side then have Gronk + Hernandez as TE's and Welker. Come on now. Who woulnt want that going against defenses??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The only thing that I like about the idea is his height. Otherwise the guy has proved to be a knucklehead. If BB gets him turned around to play the patriot way, BB will have reached a new level of genius.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    The only thing that I like about the idea is his height. Otherwise the guy has proved to be a knucklehead. If BB gets him turned around to play the patriot way, BB will reached a new of genious.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

With Davis injured, it's not a bad idea,
    MC in general needs some height to practice against.  Got killed by the taller receivers last year with nobody with height to go against in practice.
    In 2010 he had Moss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Thought the cowpokes were gonna take him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1294470-dallas-cowboys-why-now-is-the-time-to-take-the-flier-on-plaxico-burress

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Let Randy Moss go and consider Plaxico Burress...  Where's the logic? 

BTW, we all know that NE needs another deep threat and I'm just not sure if PB is the guy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ya, I think Austin and Bryant are both injured.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

listening to NFL radio this week, it is said that Burress wants a real contract .. more than the NFL minimum ,which supposedly some teams have offered and he ( his agent ) have turned  down. Maybe if you have to play for the minimum the Pats are the best option, offering a  good chance for another ring and playoff cash.

That being said why have the Giants closed the door? they need reciever depth in a big way and they offer the same playoff/SB potential?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : With Davis injured, it's not a bad idea, MC in general needs some height to practice against.  Got killed by the taller receivers last year with nobody with height to go against in practice. In 2010 he had Moss.
    Posted by pezz4pats

davis hands have been very intermittant/unreliable

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

we got to do something,we have no  receiver that is a threat to other teams,our tight-ends will be smothered this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we got to do something,we have no  receiver that is a threat to other teams,our tight-ends will be smothered this year
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1

lloyd and welker?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : lloyd and welker?
    Posted by bredbru
    welker is good in the slot,lloyd hasnt proven anything yet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Let Randy Moss go and consider Plaxico Burress...  Where's the logic?  BTW, we all know that NE needs another deep threat and I'm just not sure if PB is the guy...
    Posted by EastTraveler

Moss seems like he has more to give but I think BB is finished with Randy and didn't want to go down that road again. Why Plax? He has proven to be productive everywhere he has been and I think BB is having second thoughts about Stalworth/Branch and maybe Gafney. I like giving him a tryout.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : Because BB wants to be a winner like the Mannings.
    Posted by TheManningsRule

Ya, that's why it takes 2 mannings to win as many SB's as one TB.
    Neither of them will win another,..  Tom has the best chance of doing that.
    Now go back to the hole you crawled out of, pervert lover.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : Please dont call me your "pervert lover". At least not in public sweety.
    Posted by TheManningsRule

Don't worry, every one already knows which pervert you love.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots":
    we got to do something,we have no  receiver that is a threat to other teams,our tight-ends will be smothered this year Posted by Vladtheimpaler1
    All reports indicate that Lloyd has had no trouble learning our playbook. If that's true , he'll perform , I have no doubt about it. I think he's a perfect fit in our system.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

good way to get the jets to resign him!  Bring him in for a workout and convince the jests that we are interested.  Brilliant BB

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

good way to get the jets to resign him!  Bring him in for a workout and convince the jests that we are interested.  Brilliant BB
    Posted by natesubs

mike reiss just said on sports center that it appears the patriots will not sign him now, but dont rule it out in the future. we'll see

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm going to defend Plax about 1/3 of the way, no more, no less.  Some of his issues aren't as serious as the press makes him out to be.  Other issues are pretty bad.

1.  The firearm in his pants.

When half the world knows that you're rich and when you go to the poor part of town at night, you might worry about getting robbed.  Plax was 20% stupid not to register his firearm ("Oh, I'll never get caught!") and 80% unlucky.  That incident was years ago, and a long stretch in the zoo usually changes wealthy people's minds about minor things.

2.  Plax was a malcontent with the Jets.

BB seems to do fair to middling with malcontents.  BB was a malcontent with the Jets himself once.

3.  Plax acts stupid when he drinks.
    4.  Plax drinks a lot.

Here's the real problem.  If Plax has turned his problem around and if he'll work for cheap, sign him.  If Plax still is likely to throw hard objects at women in bars when he feels dissed, or if he still apparently drinks a lot, pass him by.  I suspect that he still drinks a lot, but I'll let the Patriots figure that one out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm going to defend Plax about 1/3 of the way, no more, no less.  Some of his issues aren't as serious as the press makes him out to be.  Other issues are pretty bad. 1.  The firearm in his pants. When half the world knows that you're rich and when you go to the poor part of town at night, you might worry about getting robbed.  Plax was 20% stupid not to register his firearm ("Oh, I'll never get caught!") and 80% unlucky.
    Posted by Paul_K

Packing a loaded firearm inside your SWEATPANTS into a nightclub is 100% stupid. Pulling out a gun to show how tough you are INSIDE a nightclub and accidentally pulling the trigger isn't unlucky.  It's comically stupid...

It's indefensible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Well they just cut Britt Davis so now we know why they brought Plax in for a look.  There in the market for a big sized receiver again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Its true. I just met him omw out to Baltimore on a buisiness trip around 1200 today at the Jet blue terminal. He's hard to miss. My coworker next to me is 6"5" and Burress towers him. Only a few moments later we were the whole Boston Beer Works bar was talkin stuff about the aquisition. Glad he didnt overhear. Confident in logan customs :D

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : mike reiss just said on sports center that it appears the patriots will not sign him now, but dont rule it out in the future. we'll see
    Posted by bredbru

Thanks, I was looking for news about what happened and couldn't find anything.

Sections
Shortcuts