Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

What? WHY?

Free-agent WR Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots, the team he helped beat in SBXLII. More on ESPN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

HUH?? WHAT??? We need Oline not that head case

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Why would we want that stiff?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't see what the issue is.

They bring players in all the time to build reports/files on, incase a need arises.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This doesn't mean that a signing is imminent, just that they are doing their homework. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How many "big" receivers have we brought in over the years that couldn't break away from press coverage fast enough to get open in our system?  We have enough big receiver's already, we call them tight ends...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He's an idiot. He shot himself in the leg & NYS is going after him for tax evasion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

I for one think it's a good move if only for redzone offense. I don't know who loses the roster spot though. BB obviously thinks he may improve the team. Nothing wrong with an interview. It's my understanding that he's pretty motivated. Just my two cents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't say I'm really surprised by anything this team does anymore. Did Britt get hurt? Maybe they don't like what they see in Stallworth? Or maybe Gaffney won't be able to play outside effectively? Who know's?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like looking at him.  Stallworth didn't impress me thursday, branch has been hurt, davis and holley don't look like all that much.  Why not give Buress a look?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Throw him a contract and pick his brain on the Jets? Then cut him and he signs somewhere they will actually use him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Is it April 1st already?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He's interviewing for a position with security.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Gag. No.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I don't see us signing him. I don't see the need.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Why not bring him in to take a look. Pats will have the upper hand here, if they like him enough and they think he can help the team out, then they sign him. If not, then they did their homework on him and know whether or not if they bring him here or not, say after a injury or something. Pats just doing their homework here.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have mixed feelings about this one.  In a way I like the idea, like Bobbysu said the dude is a winner.  While he is talented, he is what, 35 years old now?

A guy like that can go up and get the ball.  The Pats have so many receivers right now....... but none with his ability.  Not sure they would be in the bring players in just for a look in case they might need him in the future mode already, kind of early for that I would think.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we are going to the Run and Shoot.............
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]
      Good one. lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In Response to Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    [QUOTE]What? WHY? Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter Free-agent WR Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots, the team he helped beat in SBXLII. More on ESPN.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....wonder if he's packin'.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

On a more serious note.

Is it possible, just possible, the Pats are working on trading 1 or more receivers on the team and will need to bring in another replacement?

Although I just mowed my lawn in the 90 degree heat so what's left of my brain is a bit fried...............

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts