Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots

I think the Patriots ought to sign him. He's produced everywhere he's been and the Patriots could use a tall target in the red zone. If he doesn't work out, cut him. I don't see the harm. If he gets signed, it would be for relatively short money this late in the off-season. Unlike Ocho Cinco (self-promoter) and Randy Moss (mercurial clubhouse malcontent), Buress doesn't have a negative reputation for being a disruptive teammate. If the skill is there, I say add it. At the very least it'll prevent him from hurting us yet again with some other team. I don't care if he's 35 or 45. We're only talking about a 1 year deal with no bonus money. It's very low-risk and high reward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots : Thanks, I was looking for news about what happened and couldn't find anything.
    Posted by TFB12

sure thing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots:
    I think the Patriots ought to sign him. He's produced everywhere he's been and the Patriots could use a tall target in the red zone. If he doesn't work out, cut him. I don't see the harm. If he gets signed, it would be for relatively short money this late in the off-season. Unlike Ocho Cinco (self-promoter) and Randy Moss (mercurial clubhouse malcontent), Buress doesn't have a negative reputation for being a disruptive teammate. If the skill is there, I say add it. At the very least it'll prevent him from hurting us yet again with some other team. I don't care if he's 35 or 45. We're only talking about a 1 year deal with no bonus money. It's very low-risk and high reward.
    Posted by davidap

i agree with your post. i would have liked.
    alas they either had never planned to or found out something they didnt like.
    dont remember reading this idnetity, is it new or have you posted hear long, or have i just missed it?
    thanks for the post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I read that Davis got an injury settlement. He must be really hurt. To bring in Plax, like BB says due diligence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He's looking at a few teams, and the one that's allegedly atop that list is Oakland, not the Pats. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The more I think about this the more I like the idea of getting this guy.  His height is just too good to pass up.  He causes mismatches all day long!!

Sections
Shortcuts