Plaxico Burress to the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Plaxico Burress to the Jets

From NFL Network.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Re: Plaxico Burress to the Jets

Link? That's a good move for them if true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6820679/plaxico-burress-new-york-jets-agree-one-year-deal

Found it myself. Hopefully he's fat and well...soft...from his time in prison.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think prison made Smith soft.

It's a good move for the Jets but it takes them out of the Cro sweepstakes. If they couldn't get the 12mil for Aso against the cap and Cro is reported to look at 10mil having a 3.4mil cap hit against Plax is going to hurt. I think it's already taken it's affect. It doesn't look like they can keep Pool which is a big hit to the S core and will replace him with Eric Smith. Smith was good S last year and played a vital role in the blitz packages but he's no Pool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm sure he's in shape, but football shape is entirely different. He's been out of the league for two years and he'll be 34 in a couple of weeks so it will take some time for him to be NFL ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A downgrade from Braylon Edwards... who cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress to the Jets:
    I'm sure he's in shape, but football shape is entirely different. He's been out of the league for two years and he'll be 34 in a couple of weeks so it will take some time for him to be NFL ready.
    Posted by digger0862

As we all see with Vick, a stretch in prison can deliver players with a laser focus on football. Outside distractions become a bad habit of the past.  As long as Plex can avoid injury, his game will get better as the season progresses. Edwards may be more physically prepared for football, but his consistent focus is questionable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

As we all see with Vick, a stretch in prison can deliver players with a laser focus on football. Outside distractions become a bad habit of the past.  As long as Plex can avoid injury, his game will get better as the season progresses.
    Posted by CommChairman

True, but Vick didn't show much until his second year with Philly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In Response to Re: Plaxico Burress to the Jets : True, but Vick didn't show much until his second year with Philly.
    Posted by digger0862

Dat true too, but Vick had a ton of distractions when he rejoined the league. He was harassed by protesters wherever he went. I think Vick was more focused on PR than football during his first season back. Plex didn't harm anyone but himself, and doesn't face a backlash when he rejoins the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Im not worried, we have Bodden and DMc on both ends. '07 Burress bullying our CBs was already in the past. I say bring it on :D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

I don't think prison made Smith soft. It's a good move for the Jets but it takes them out of the Cro sweepstakes. If they couldn't get the 12mil for Aso against the cap and Cro is reported to look at 10mil having a 3.4mil cap hit against Plax is going to hurt. I think it's already taken it's affect. It doesn't look like they can keep Pool which is a big hit to the S core and will replace him with Eric Smith. Smith was good S last year and played a vital role in the blitz packages but he's no Pool.
    Posted by PatsEng

I think most pundits felt it might take 14-15M to land Nnamdi, so I am surprised the Jets bothered to pursue him if they couldn't afford 12M. I haven't read the story yet on what went wrong, but Nnamdi might have discounted his value to play in Philly. The price to the Jets may have been higher.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Dat true too, but Vick had a ton of distractions when he rejoined the league. He was harassed by protesters wherever he went. I think Vick was more focused on PR than football during his first season back. Plex didn't harm anyone but himself, and doesn't face a backlash when he rejoins the NFL.
    Posted by CommChairman

Vick was fortunate to go to a team that already had two good QBs so he could take a year to get acclimated to football. Plax may not have that luxury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

As mentioned because the Jets lost out on Asomugha they have cap room from all the players who had their contracts done over. Burress is only costing the Jets $3mil which gives them enough to sign Cromartie. They are also talking with Todd Heap. The Jets will still be a very good team.

It will be interesting to see both teams final rosters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think it's a good move for the Jets. I would not have had a problem picking up Burress on the cheap. He's taller than most other WR and fights for the ball pretty good.  He's certainly no greater a risk than our own move with Haynesworth. Neither are in game shape.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Plaxico claims the move was "all about Rex".  Oh, and the Jets offered the most money.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

Of course it's about money.  And isn't it funny a criminal like Burress likes Rex Ryan.   Two peas in a pod.  Funny how the wrong people like Rex Ryan. lol As a Pats fan, I love it. Another desperation, knee jerk move by the Jets.  Keep renting those players, Jetsies!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Let's not forget that Haynesworth isn't exactly lily white with the law himself. How he performs with the Pats depends upon how he ' likes' and trusts BB. My guess is BB told him he will play more 4-3 this season - just as Warren said after he was released. And Plex is not a deperation knee jerk move. The Jets have to replace Edwards as a tall rangey #2 target with a cap friendly WR ( they still need a CB), and Plex fits the need.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

True, but Vick didn't show much until his second year with Philly.

OMG you mean that first year where he didnt show much and got come back player of the year he didnt deserve it?  I wonder if a more deserving guy like Wes Welker comming back from major knee injury should have got it???

On Burress Horay for the Jets!  When Mr Snach-ez gets to meet Mr Hanesworth Mr Burress really wont matter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

True, but Vick didn't show much until his second year with Philly. OMG you mean that first year where he didnt show much and got come back player of the year he didnt deserve it?  I wonder if a more deserving guy like Wes Welker comming back from major knee injury should have got it??? On Burress Horay for the Jets!  When Mr Snach-ez gets to meet Mr Hanesworth Mr Burress really wont matter.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Wow, that's right! I forgot about that. He must have gotten sympathy votes for behaving and not killing any dogs that year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

HAhahah! Desperation move in my opinion. Nobody is sure about him, not even the Jets thats why they only signed him for one year.  Giants really didn't sound like they wanted him back, other teams must not have wanted to pay more then the Jets for him after meeting with him.  Out of football for 2 years, downgrade from Edwards. 

Jets really shot themselves in the foot with this one, Hahahaha!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

What kind of move is this? Why didnt they just take Edwards? 

Sections
Shortcuts