Play GM, you make the trade(s), what would you do before the deadline if any to strengthen the Pats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peppermania. Show Peppermania's posts

Play GM, you make the trade(s), what would you do before the deadline if any to strengthen the Pats!

Do we beef up a weak secondary, or go after a beast on the front seven to add pressure?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Play GM, you make the trade(s), what would you do before the deadline if any to strengthen the Pats!

In this order I'd say a corner, safety, offensive lineman for more depth. I don't think they need much help and don't think they make any moves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Play GM, you make the trade(s), what would you do before the deadline if any to strengthen the Pats!

I forgot about a defensive lineman that can pressure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

A lfew guys that could be had based purely on my speculation with absolutely no substantiated evidence to back it up for a bargain price possibly.

Rasheed Mathis, cb Jags

Aquib Talib, cb Bucs

Brandon Flowers, cb Cheifs

Antoine Cason, cb Chargers

Leon Hall, cb Bengals

All dwindling teams that may be sellers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I dont anticipate any moves, but if there were my preferences would be to go S, CB, pass rushing  DE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

A lfew guys that could be had based purely on my speculation with absolutely no substantiated evidence to back it up for a bargain price possibly.

Rasheed Mathis, cb Jags

Aquib Talib, cb Bucs

Brandon Flowers, cb Cheifs

Antoine Cason, cb Chargers

Leon Hall, cb Bengals

All dwindling teams that may be sellers?

I'd probably take Hall off that list.  The Bengals made the playoffs last year so I doubt they are selling atm.  I am personally not a huge fan of Talib and I think he probably freelances too much for BB's taste.  AJ smith is too arrogant to believe his team sucks so I'd imagine Cason wouldn't be available.

Like you I have no idea whether Flowers or Mathis would be available although their teams certainly fit the profile of sellers.  Mathis tore his ACL last year and is on a one year deal.  I have no idea if he looks the same or not, but would probably come cheap.  I love Flowers, but he has a pretty hefty contract although it's not clear to me how much he got paid up front.  Either way since he is locked up for a while he might be prohibitively expensive in terms of picks.  Good list though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

People have also floated the idea of trading the rights to Brian Waters and a pick for a corner. The Cowboys definitely need o-line help and are in Texas although it isn't clear if any of their corners are for sale.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Belichick doesn't like to bring in guys who weren't in camp, he's never traded or brought in a guy mid-season who wasn't there in camp. 

I think he thinks that his system is too complex and that trading for a guy would be a wasted trade because they won't contribute a lot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

People have also floated the idea of trading the rights to Brian Waters and a pick for a corner. The Cowboys definitely need o-line help and are in Texas although it isn't clear if any of their corners are for sale.

pc i don't mind that idea at all. Clearly he's not coming back here and wants to be in Texas. Better Dallas and not Houston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Belichick doesn't like to bring in guys who weren't in camp, he's never traded or brought in a guy mid-season who wasn't there in camp. 

I think he thinks that his system is too complex and that trading for a guy would be a wasted trade because they won't contribute a lot. 

Well, there aren't a lot of trades in the NFL to begin with.  He did trade for Doug Gabriel one year; he fumbled once in his third or fourth game, and was out the door immediately.  Can't think of anyone else offhand.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

How about a WR that can actually get sepration when going out for a pass!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I like trading the rights to Waters.  It would have to be for a place he would brush the dust off and play for though, like Dallas.  Not sure what we could get in return, but considering our secondary woes some help back there would be good. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

You really think the offense is a problem?  I don't. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think it's obvious we need Randy Moss and Barry Sanders on this "no talent" team. If we don't get 1 or both of these guys we may never win another game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they could definitely use a corner....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Trades in the NFL are rare at the deadline and usually involve role players and low round draft picks. Given that we don't have a 5th or 6th next year and other then a very young DB core I'm not sure any role player will be better then what we have I don't think anything is going to get done.

However, in fan fantasy land I'd love to get another DB (either S or CB) and an interior rusher who can replace Love on 3rd downs and Cunningham who's been inconsistent at best getting pressure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

You really think the offense is a problem?  I don't. 

No,but if you can pick up a player like D. Bowe from KC why not?  I love D. Branch but he's a non factor at this point in his career.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Trade a second rounder for a corner. I'd put the following players on the block and listen to any/all offers...Chung, Arrington, Dowling. Of course you're not going to get more than a roll of tape for these guys, but it might be a steal. I wouldn't hesitate to trade McCourty or Nincovich if there was a good offer on the table - I imagine that would be a trade for a higher cap number guy (but higher level of talent) - in exchange for our lower cap number (but decent talent guy). Does Baltimore want to part with that moron of a pass rusher that they just got back? He would look good on the other side of Chandler - I've seen him play us a few times - he's real hard to block. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd trade Ginger for Maryann, straight up.

Jeanie!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Phil, you got me. I'm not trading with you. I remember first time I saw Barbara Eden, and those eyes.

Good choice!!

No......I will trade for Samantha!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I forgot about a defensive lineman that can pressure

hey sporter,

i holding out help at cb (but dotn expect anything)

and order cb, de ol, s

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

that woudl be great as well.

On my list of offseason

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Why would you trade Ninkovich? The guy has been great so far. 27 tackles 4 sacks 4 ff and 2 recovered.  The guy is the second coming of mike vrabel except the touchdown catching part. 

Sections
Shortcuts