PLAY GM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

PLAY GM?

Otay ...

1 preseason game in and we've officially crowned ourselves :

KING OF BACK-UP QB DEPTH .

Fair enough .

You are the GM for the Pats for the day .

Lets say there's a team out there that REALLY wants one of them , and they've made an offer but you've got to decide immediately...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: PLAY GM?

Can we please get off these ridiculous threads about trading our backup qbs after one preseason game against the Jags.  Keep both for another year, enjoy the fact that we have a solid rookie QB that can develop over time and another QB with a little more experience that could possibly step in in worst case scenario situations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In a year where you can carry 46 players instead of 45, I'd certainly keep both for this year's Super Bowl ride!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I would rather see a Patriot fan that knows how to spell the player's name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well ... Mallett for sure. But who in their right mind would give up those selections for him. They just passed on him theoretically, and all that has changed is that he got a few reps in game one of the preseason.

If I am doing anything, I am trying to re-ink Hoyer to something affordable, but fair to a good backup and standing pat on both until after next season, giving me more time to evaluate both of them. So ... none of the above.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: PLAY GM?:
    I would rather see a Patriot fan that knows how to spell the player's name.
    Posted by gln826

M-A-L-L-E-T-T ...got it.

My bad .
    ( not the first time Ive misspelled a rookies name -probably wont be the last )

The point of this thread is to point out how reactionary we all can be .
    If Mallett had layed an egg Thurs ...there's no doubt fans would be starting threads that BB wasted an important 3rd rounder .

Personally - I'd take the two 2's and run .

Note : Mortensen has already tweeted that an unnamed GM has confided to him that after watching Mallett perform , he's rethinkin' his own draft day decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

there is not a prayer I would trade either of those QB's for such low offers.....
    if you were my GM I'd fire you on the spot!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Keep Mallet and develop . Let Hoyer go next year if a decent trade can be worked out or cut him. Then id TB gets hurt Mallet has to step up like TB did when Bledsoe went down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Well ... Mallett for sure. But who in their right mind would give up those selections for him. They just passed on him theoretically, and all that has changed is that he got a few reps in game one of the preseason. If I am doing anything, I am trying to re-ink Hoyer to something affordable, but fair to a good backup and standing pat on both until after next season, giving me more time to evaluate both of them. So ... none of the above.
    Posted by zbellino

ditto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

there is not a prayer I would trade either of those QB's for such low offers..... if you were my GM I'd fire you on the spot!!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

"if you were my GM I'd fire you on the spot!!!!"

love it dmc :)

Sections
Shortcuts