Play-off Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Play-off Predictions

Ok, we've seen 10 weeks of football and should have a good idea of the things to come. So let's here them, give me your division winners, the conference winner and the superbowl winner.

AFC
    1st round
    Pats, Steelers get the bye
    Ravens beat the Raiders, Bengals beat the Texans

2nd Round
    Pats beat the Bengals, Steelers beat the Ravens

3rd Round
    Pats beat the Steelers

NFC
    1st Round
    Pack, 49ers get the bye
    Lions beat Falcons, Saints beat Cowboys

2nd Round
    Saints beat 49ers, Pack beats Lions (Rogers hurt by late hit by Suh)

3rd Round
    Saints beat Pack

Superbowl
    Pats beat Saints-TB awarded MVP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Re: Play-off Predictions

:-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Play-off Predictions:
    Ok, we've seen 10 weeks of football and should have a good idea of the things to come. So let's here them, give me your division winners, the conference winner and the superbowl winner. AFC 1st round Pats, Steelers get the bye Ravens beat the Raiders, Bengals beat the Texans 2nd Round Pats beat the Bengals, Steelers beat the Ravens 3rd Round Pats beat the Steelers NFC 1st Round Pack, 49ers get the bye Lions beat Falcons, Saints beat Cowboys 2nd Round Saints beat 49ers, Pack beats Lions (Rogers hurt by late hit by Suh) 3rd Round Saints beat Pack Superbowl Pats beat Saints-TB awarded MVP
    Posted by Sam-Adams

I could live with this prediction becoming reality :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

I like your Rodgers injured by Suh late hit.  I was thinking the same thing.

Packers - Steelers again (unfortunately)

Packers win 42 - 30.

If the Patriots beat the Eagles in Philly and do it convincingly.  That will be a good sign for the playoffs.

Until they win 1 playoff game, they haven't proved anything to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Play-off Predictions:
    Ok, we've seen 10 weeks of football and should have a good idea of the things to come. So let's here them, give me your division winners, the conference winner and the superbowl winner. AFC 1st round Pats, Steelers get the bye Ravens beat the Raiders, Bengals beat the Texans 2nd Round Pats beat the Bengals, Steelers beat the Ravens 3rd Round Pats beat the Steelers NFC 1st Round Pack, 49ers get the bye Lions beat Falcons, Saints beat Cowboys 2nd Round Saints beat 49ers, Pack beats Lions (Rogers hurt by late hit by Suh) 3rd Round Saints beat Pack Superbowl Pats beat Saints-TB awarded MVP
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Obviously, I'd really like to see this. What Pats fan wouldn't?  My only concern is with the Pats D at this point.  Will they become consistenly solid enough to deal with playoff level offenses?  If so, see no reason why Pats can't win it all.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A plausible scenario...   but, the key for the Pats to make it as far as you seem to think they'll go will depend on the health of the defense.  I do not think the defense, as currently constituted, could survive defending an efficient offense in the playoffs.  Now, if Brady and Co. begin firing on all cylninders throughout a game, then I do not think any offense can keep up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Play-off Predictions:
    I like your Rodgers injured by Suh late hit.  I was thinking the same thing. Packers - Steelers again (unfortunately) Packers win 42 - 30. If the Patriots beat the Eagles in Philly and do it convincingly.  That will be a good sign for the playoffs. Until they win 1 playoff game, they haven't proved anything to me.
    Posted by Benkarkis

"Until they win 1 playoff game, they haven't proved anything to me."

I see this thinking a lot around here and it doesn't make sense to me. Belichick and Brady are 14-5 in the playoffs, including 3-1 in the super bowl. I know they are 0 for 3 in their last 3 but...

in 2007 it took a miracle for the Giants to hand us that loss,
    in 2009 Welker was out and Brady and the defense were bruised and battered,
    in 2010 wouldn't you like to play that game again?

The Patriots don't need to prove anything they just need to limit their mistakes in the big games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

We all know there are two two things in the way of the Pats going deep, one is the health of the defensive backfield and two, as some have mentioned is the play of the O-Line. BB and the Pats defense are doing it all over again guys, they have a no name defense giving up all kinds of yardage but not necessarily the points. I know you all remember the bend don't break saying.
    Well.........it's happening right in front of us again and I for one am not buying that the Pats are dead last in D. Factor in points and I'll agree to whatever that ranking would be.

The key is the O-Line, if they can give TB time to let recievers run their routes, despite getting jammed at the line they'll just outscore you to death.

We'll see, I'm certainly not going to predict any other scenario when they lead the AFC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

1. Pats
    2. Steelers
    3. Texans
    4. Raiders
    5. Ravens
    6. Bengals

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

BTW-They're defense is ranked 10th in points at 20.3

Total yards don't go on the scoreboard, just ask the greatest show on turf!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Not so fast.  I don't think the 6 teams currently in the play-off spot end up there.  I think, unfortunately, the Jets will make it back to the play-offs. 

I also don't think it is certain that OAK wins the west.  OAK has a brutal schedule left and I could see it coming down to a tie breaker with DEN. SD is finally probably out of it having lost 5 straight.  KC has the toughest schedule left in the NFL so count them out.  DEN and OAK split their season series so it will come down to division record next where they are tied 2-2.  The next tie breaker is common games where DEN currently holds a 3-2 mark compared to OAK 3-3.

HOU with Lienardt probably will loss more games than I predict but TEN has a brutal schedule so I think HOU still wins the DIV. 

I see PHI and at DEN as problems for NE but even if they lose both, they will carry the DIV.  DEN has always been a nightmare for Brady and PHI is better than their record and they are at home.  The Pats could win out, they could also lose 2.  I'll give them one loss at DEN for now.

Looking at .500 or better teams remaining schedules, we have the below potential.  If this happens, it would yeild the following seeding.

#1  PIT
    #2  NE
    #3  HOU
    #4  DEN

#5  BAL
    #6  NYJ

NE7-3at PHIINDat WASat DENMIABUF12-4
    WWWLWW
    PIT7-3at KCCINCLEat SFSTLat CLE12-4
    WWWLWW
    HOU7-3at JAXATLat CINCARat INDTEN12-4
    WLWWWW
    BAL7-3SFat CLEINDat SDCLEat CIN11-5
    LWWLWW
    CIN6-4CLEat PITHOUat STLARIBAL9-7
    WLLWWL
    OAK6-4CHIat MIAat GBDETat KCSD8-8
    LLLLWW
    TEN5-5TBat BUFNOat INDJAXat HOU7-9
    LLLWWL
    DEN5-5at SDat MINCHINEat BUFKC8-8
    LWLWLW
    NYJ5-5BUFat WASKCat PHINYGat MIA10-6
    WWWLWW
    BUF5-5NYJTENat SDMIADENat NE8-8
    LWLWWL 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Here's my AFC take

1. Patriots (12-4)
    2. Ravens (12-4)
    3. Texans (11-5)
    4. Raiders (9-7)
    5. Steelers (12-4)
    6. Bengals (10-6)

First Round
    Steelers over Raiders
    Bengals over Texans

Second Round
    Pats over Bengals
    Ravens over Steelers

AFC Championship
    Pats over Ravens

Ok you can accuse me of homerism but I can see it happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Not so fast.  I don't think the 6 teams currently in the play-off spot end up there.  I think, unfortunately, the Jets will make it back to the play-offs.  I also don't think it is certain that OAK wins the west.  OAK has a brutal schedule left and I could see it coming down to a tie breaker with DEN. SD is finally probably out of it having lost 5 straight.  KC has the toughest schedule left in the NFL so count them out.  DEN and OAK split their season series so it will come down to division record next where they are tied 2-2.  The next tie breaker is common games where DEN currently holds a 3-2 mark compared to OAK 3-3. HOU with Lienardt probably will loss more games than I predict but TEN has a brutal schedule so I think HOU still wins the DIV.  I see PHI and at DEN as problems for NE but even if they lose both, they will carry the DIV.  DEN has always been a nightmare for Brady and PHI is better than their record and they are at home.  The Pats could win out, they could also lose 2.  I'll give them one loss at DEN for now. Looking at .500 or better teams remaining schedules, we have the below potential.  If this happens, it would yeild the following seeding. #1  PIT #2  NE #3  HOU #4  DEN #5  BAL #6  NYJ NE 7-3 at PHI IND at WAS at DEN MIA BUF 12-4 W W W L W W PIT 7-3 at KC CIN CLE at SF STL at CLE 12-4 W W W L W W HOU 7-3 at JAX ATL at CIN CAR at IND TEN 12-4 W L W W W W BAL 7-3 SF at CLE IND at SD CLE at CIN 11-5 L W W L W W CIN 6-4 CLE at PIT HOU at STL ARI BAL 9-7 W L L W W L OAK 6-4 CHI at MIA at GB DET at KC SD 8-8 L L L L W W TEN 5-5 TB at BUF NO at IND JAX at HOU 7-9 L L L W W L DEN 5-5 at SD at MIN CHI NE at BUF KC 8-8 L W L W L W NYJ 5-5 BUF at WAS KC at PHI NYG at MIA 10-6 W W W L W W BUF 5-5 NYJ TEN at SD MIA DEN at NE 8-8 L W L W W L  
    Posted by Faucetman

Man, you were all over this Faucetman - good job!  I disagree with one point, I think if we do lose another game it will be Philly as they present difficult matchups for us (mobile QB).  I think we'll beat Denver, although their D is pretty good.  Either way, losing only one more - I'll take it.  Again, nice job on the confusing playoff scenarios - and I agree that somehow, the Jets will probably get in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: Play-off Predictions : Man, you were all over this Faucetman - good job!  I disagree with one point, I think if we do lose another game it will be Philly as they present difficult matchups for us (mobile QB).  I think we'll beat Denver, although their D is pretty good.  Either way, losing only one more - I'll take it.  Again, nice job on the confusing playoff scenarios - and I agree that somehow, the Jets will probably get in.
    Posted by gr82bme

Thanks, I went back and forth on PHI/DEN.  I just know that we almost always lose at DEN but PHI is a dangerous team.  We could win them both and run the table but I just don't feel that we are good enough on D to win out on the road, even though our D is improving.

The Jets always seem to pull it out and get lucky enough to get in.  I won't count them out until they are mathematically eliminated.  I'd rather see CIN in there, trust me.  The Jets too often have our number.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Play-off Predictions : ....  The Jets too often have our number.
    Posted by Faucetman

true in the last year or two. however i don't think that is true anymore. the last two games have given them reason to doubt themselves. you can see that in how ryan speaks about the pats. i believe that psychologically, the table has turned and the pats now have the big advantage.

Sections
Shortcuts