Play with the money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Play with the money

I read a bit ago that the Pats are an estimated 23 million under the cap.  I have such a difficult time trying to guesstimate NFL salaries due to all of the variables. It makes my head spin. A few times a year I catch a post that has an itemized "wish list" or "FA plan" and I always finding it very interesting. To those of you who are well versed in the average postional dollars how do you see this breaking down per player/postion...? Do you leave a bit for a pick up down the road? Is 23 mil enough to sign the 4 or 5 draft picks, fill the definate holes (DB,DE etc.), and add depth?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Play with the money

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

I read a bit ago that the Pats are an estimated 23 million under the cap.  I have such a difficult time trying to guesstimate NFL salaries due to all of the variables. It makes my head spin. A few times a year I catch a post that has an itemized "wish list" or "FA plan" and I always finding it very interesting. To those of you who are well versed in the average postional dollars how do you see this breaking down per player/postion...? Do you leave a bit for a pick up down the road? Is 23 mil enough to sign the 4 or 5 draft picks, fill the definate holes (DB,DE etc.), and add depth?

Yes it is, and truthfully you can sign all of that with less the way these guys structure contracts in the NFL nowadays.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Ed Reed 2 / 10

Freeny 2/ 10

Talib 5/40

Welker 7-9 a year 

Seabass 5/28

Greg Toler. 4 / 20

Anthony Fasano 3 / 7

That Should do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:

Ed Reed 2 / 10

Freeny 2/ 10

Talib 5/40

Welker 7-9 a year 

Seabass 5/28

Greg Toler. 4 / 20

Anthony Fasano 3 / 7

That Should do it.

Isnt the above 35-40 million? Am I correct in thinking they have apprx 23 million available. Are you taking into account signing bonuses reducing the overall yearly cap hit within these numbers?

nice list though!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

In response to looneyman's comment:

Ed Reed 2 / 10

Freeny 2/ 10

Talib 5/40

Welker 7-9 a year 

Seabass 5/28

Greg Toler. 4 / 20

Anthony Fasano 3 / 7

That Should do it.

Isnt the above 35-40 million? Am I correct in thinking they have apprx 23 million available. Are you taking into account signing bonuses reducing the overall yearly cap hit within these numbers?

nice list though!

Depends how they are structured. It's all about structuring in the end. A 10/2 deal doesn't mean 5 years every year it could mean anywhere from a $3-7mil cap hit depending on how you structure it and signing bonus involved.

That's the variable that's the hardest to figure out is how they decide to structure the contract. You could sign a huge contract and have minimal impact the first year or two compared to the contract as a whole

Sections
Shortcuts