Playcalling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Playcalling

I don't want this to be an offense vs defense burn thread... 

I am not making excuses for Brady's play. I did not think he played well for him it was a below average performance.

Now that i have that out of the way.

What is with the play calling? There doesn't seem to be an overall consitant game plan.  What happened to taking what the D gives you.  if it is third and three call a play that has a good chance of getting the yardage.

I really think McD is out thinking himself.  There were a few head shakers such as the play action into an end around fake, then into a screen.  Do the pat have a quota for at least two trick plays a game? Say what you will about OB but at least he designed game plans that worked.

I know the pats have a difficult playbook and all that but man do what TB is best at short to mid range passing, expose the middle. 

So what do you guys think? Am I over reacting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Playcalling

No overreaction. Offensive playcalling mostly sucked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In overtime I couldn't understand why not run after the Gronk 1st down. They were out around their own 40 and had 1st and 10... 3 straight #%$%^#^ incompletions. W T F

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

The first few drives TB12 was finding 'the open man' ... and we were moving the ball quite nicely ... then he seemed to be looking only for Gronk and Dobson ... and we floundered.

Is that play calling or TB12's choices?  Not sure ... but offense needs major improvement before we play the fish ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Been terrible all year. Mcdaniels is a dud. No committment to the running game when they have rookie receiving corp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to mbear3915's comment:

The first few drives TB12 was finding 'the open man' ... and we were moving the ball quite nicely ... then he seemed to be looking only for Gronk and Dobson ... and we floundered.

Is that play calling or TB12's choices?  Not sure ... but offense needs major improvement before we play the fish ...

I think maybe it is some of both but I'm sure thery have plays that are designed to goto Gronk. I am currently watching the game again on Dvr, it seem they were running the wrs deeper routes to get gronk one on one.   I don't think that is creative, slant more than one person.  Hardly any use of the dump off.

I really don't know, it seem like they plays are being run here is what is going to work and that it... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman and Collie were vital cogs last week on the winning drive. Ridley 11 touches, then boom their not being called on. Plus I know it works sometimes ,  but can they  stop throwing that fade  pass to Gronk up the sidelines I hate that play. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They had trouble adjusting at the end of the second to the third. They started three drives from the I/wing formation, and they were getting beat up. They didn't break off into a 11/bunch formation until later, which worked better. 

I-formation is a really bad recipe for teams that blitz. IT gives you almost no way to tell who is blitzing, and leaves you to block them because the runners can't get out of the backfield quick enough to run hot routes. 

Still, mostly it was execution. If Solder puts on his man pants and doesn't get ragdolled like four times by Wilkerson, or Brady doesn't underthrow Gronk for a pick-6, or Ridley makes a better cut and doesn't take a loss, the playcalling is not really an issue ... is it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman and Collie were vital cogs last week on the winning drive. Ridley 11 touches, then boom their not being called on. Plus I know it works sometimes ,  but can they  stop throwing that fade  pass to Gronk up the sidelines I hate that play. 

[/QUOTE]

It's a great play ... if it's last season. Timing routes like that are the last thing you'll be able to execute. They looked really rusty together out there.

I don't want them giving up on it ... Gronk's gotten like 10 TDs on that play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Been terrible all year. Mcdaniels is a dud. No committment to the running game when they have rookie receiving corp.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed the running game getting obliterated. I think they had a string of something like four runs that were for 1 yard or negative in the third. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Boring. No imagination. Horrendous. Just awful. They are lucky to be at 5-2. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want this to be an offense vs defense burn thread... 

I am not making excuses for Brady's play. I did not think he played well for him it was a below average performance.

Now that i have that out of the way.

What is with the play calling? There doesn't seem to be an overall consitant game plan.  What happened to taking what the D gives you.  if it is third and three call a play that has a good chance of getting the yardage.

I really think McD is out thinking himself.  There were a few head shakers such as the play action into an end around fake, then into a screen.  Do the pat have a quota for at least two trick plays a game? Say what you will about OB but at least he designed game plans that worked.

I know the pats have a difficult playbook and all that but man do what TB is best at short to mid range passing, expose the middle. 

So what do you guys think? Am I over reacting?

[/QUOTE]

Spot on.  Been complaining about McD for a while now!  He still hasn't taken that next step!  I don't think he will!  Very inconsistent!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Josh is killing this team.  There is absolutely no reason to throw a 20 yard pass on 3rd and short twice especially after it didn't work the first time.  Sorry but That's simply moronic.

Sections
Shortcuts