Player Of The Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Player Of The Game

Up until the last drive, I know I would have taken grief, but my pick would have been Brady.  Brady threw for over 300 yards in a game where the Jets forced the ball away from Welker (when they could).  There were also 3-4 drops including a sure-TD to Hernandez.

But, after the Jets brought it back to a 6 point game and the Pats D looking shaky again, the Pats needed a sustained drive that could give them 3 or more points.
    BJGE rose to the challenge.

Player of the Game: BJGE.

Honorable Mention: Tom Brady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Player Of The Game

In Response to Player Of The Game:
    Up until the last drive, I know I would have taken grief, but my pick would have been Brady.  Brady threw for over 300 yards in a game where the Jets forced the ball away from Welker (when they could).  There were also 3-4 drops including a sure-TD to Hernandez. But, after the Jets brought it back to a 6 point game and the Pats D looking shaky again, the Pats needed a sustained drive that could give them 3 or more points. BJGE rose to the challenge. Player of the Game: BJGE. Honorable Mention: Tom Brady
    Posted by nyjoseph

Agreed. I'd also give the nod to the OL, who really fired off the line and cleared some space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

Green-Ellis...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Welker with the Huge game again.  Either of them works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Law Firm....nooooo bout adoubt it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

One thing...I can't figure out what all that switching Solder and Welch was all about!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

yeah, I am going with BJGE.  On that last drive, he met contact and got plus yards.  It both moved us forward, and took the starch out of NJ's defense.  Manly work.  Defense in general did MUCH better, stout against the run, need a bit more pressure but still good work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Player Of The Game:
    Welker with the Huge game again.  Either of them works.
    Posted by tcal2-

Sorry, Green-Ellis in a landslide.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

The Lawfirm had an outstanding game today.  Was very happy overall with the Offense, but I would have liked to see a little bit more pass protection on Brady. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Lawfirm wins the case!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz. Show jdcfreshkickz's posts

I'm going with the offensive-line. They gave up a few sacks, but also gave the rb's and Brady the time and holes needed in a big game. Just my opinion at least.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Not player of the game...but a player that has heart

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tight end Rob Gronkowski didn't want to address the topic, mainly because he didn't want to make it sound like he was patting himself on the back. His advice was to direct questions to Bill Belichick. 

Only after a reporter persisted did he offer this: "I didn't think I was playing this morning." 

Turns out Gronkowski was so ill before Sunday's game against the Jets that he didn't take part in pre-game warmups. Yet when it was time to take the field for the game, Gronkowski was there. 

The stat sheet will show that he didn't produce big (4 catches, 31 yards), but it's days like these where a player is just trying to get by and be competitive. 

Gronkowski did that, also delivering some big blocks in the run game. In all, Gronkowski was on the field for more than 60 snaps in a performance that warrants mention given the illness he played through. 

Professional effort.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Not player of the game...but a player that has heart By Mike Reiss FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tight end Rob Gronkowski didn't want to address the topic, mainly because he didn't want to make it sound like he was patting himself on the back. His advice was to direct questions to Bill Belichick.  Only after a reporter persisted did he offer this: "I didn't think I was playing this morning."  Turns out Gronkowski was so ill before Sunday's game against the Jets that he didn't take part in pre-game warmups. Yet when it was time to take the field for the game, Gronkowski was there.  The stat sheet will show that he didn't produce big (4 catches, 31 yards), but it's days like these where a player is just trying to get by and be competitive.  Gronkowski did that, also delivering some big blocks in the run game. In all, Gronkowski was on the field for more than 60 snaps in a performance that warrants mention given the illness he played through.  Professional effort.
    Posted by Rocky

Didn't Gronk get a critical 1st down on their last possession of the game?  That was huge...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Player Of The Game : Didn't Gronk get a critical 1st down on their last possession of the game?  That was huge...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

He did....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Thanks for the post Rocky.  I guess that explains why they only targeted him once in the first half.

He also got 3 first downs (one on a pass interference call) on a 2nd half TD drive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I'm happy to give it to Green Ellis for the 2 touchdowns but Brady was excellant today under a lot of duress. Three bad drops (one by Hernandez, two by Welker) ended drives. This game could have been a blowout. The Defense did it's part but the offense was very sloppy at times but Brady played great. A lot of 3rd and long conversions (some with penalty help) and they showed real grit with the first drive in the 3rd quarter after a horrible end to the first half. Can't give Welker much player of the game love today because he had two really bad uncharecteristic drops today on 3rd downs that killed drives allowing the Jets to stay alive. I do think Welker is the team's MVP for the season so far though. So I would say Ellis is 1a and Brady is 1b today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

LAWFIRM!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE] I'm happy to give it to Green Ellis for the 2 touchdowns but Brady was excellant today under a lot of duress. Three bad drops (one by Hernandez, two by Welker) ended drives. This game could have been a blowout. The Defense did it's part but the offense was very sloppy at times but Brady played great. A lot of 3rd and long conversions (some with penalty help) and they showed real grit with the first drive in the 3rd quarter after a horrible end to the first half. Can't give Welker much player of the game love today because he had two really bad uncharecteristic drops today on 3rd downs that killed drives allowing the Jets to stay alive. I do think Welker is the team's MVP for the season so far though. So I would say Ellis is 1a and Brady is 1b today.
    Posted by ccnsd[

I do agree with the blowout part which raised my blood pressure but I expect Tom to be Tom so I still give it to Lawfirm who runs like Maroney should have learned too.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sounds stupid, but Matt Light deserves some major props today.  Not sure about player of the game as a lineman, but without him BJGE doesn't have half of those yards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

The game ball goes to the defense. They played well today. POG is BJGE. I love seeing the Jets extinguished!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I thought BJGE was really good. Congrats to him for being a really good pro and really underrated.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

ridley's presence i think is making bjge step up even more. that's good for the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ghost

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Don't want to drag the euphoria down, but as usual Brady can't hit the bomb most times. Thus, the deep threat isn't going to help this team. I'd say only about 40% of the time will he hit his target like he did Welker today. (a quick turn to the right and Revis would not have corrected and caught him) But a thing of beauty when it happens.

Sections
Shortcuts