Players Jersy Numbers And Rights To Them

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/owens-stakes-claims-to-number-81/

I know certain players have there jersy numbers through out there careers.and when some players go to other teams.they work-out deals with other players to aquire a jersy number.which is all good.,but in t.o,s case.hardy has number 81.if he isnt willing to give it up.is it right for the management to make him give it up?in this t.o states he isnt giving s..t for the no.81,and that its his number.im sure in the long run he may give up something,or hardy will be the nice guy,but is it right to kiss t.o,s butt and meet his every demand?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

Let the fun begin in Buffalo. LMAO!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I was always under the impression that the guy coming in would have to compensate the other player or at least establish some sort of permission. I recall Jerry Rice getting ('his' #80) Steve Largent's number (which was retired) in Seattle for a while with permission from Largent, then again, that was Jerry Rice... If that could be worked out, I'm sure they'll figure something out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Could you imagine if the pats had signed him,and he tells moss that no.81 is his jersy.LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

And another child just died in Darfur.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[Quote]And another child just died in Darfur.[/Quote]

What number was he?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

All kidding aside I do agree with Kmaxx's sentiment. Imagine with all that's going in the world how much play someone not getting their jersey numbers gets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

....and the jest put their employees on the street while spending BILLIONS on luxury suites....mean,mean world. We all should step back from our computers think about what Kmaxx said. If you can no matter how small the gesture help someone today....except leon screw him...LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, it didn't take T.O. long to put his particular stamp on those wacky Buffalo Bills, did it?

Here we have yet another entry on the long -- oh, so long -- list of things that happen when you ply arrested adolescents with riches and fame for winning the genetic lottery. So 81 is "his" number, is it? How wonderful for him. "Hey, seriously, thanks for the six million, but if that other guy gets to wear my shirt I'm taking my ball and going home."

Priceless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/3/12/794928/is-this-why-the-chiefs-hav

i know this has nothing to do with this thread,but i love it how this guy talks about the pats rejects.to his mighty cheifs who has done nothing for so long.some of our guys here have been to SB,and winning teams.they are leaders who can help the lowly cheifs.he should feel lucky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jerry Rice never played for the Seahawks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiceJe00.htm

i guess he did for one season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

It's solely up to management I believe. I think paying for a number or asking for it is only out of respect. I am sure management overlooked the fact that Hardy wore 81 and if I were Hardy, I'd be a bit angry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No news as to what (if any) compensation Hardy received, but Tony Reali just said on PTI that the Bills gave T.O. his number.

I wonder what the next crisis will be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Rice playedforthe Seahawks in his last official season. I think he got a trade to SF for like one game after that to retire a niner. But it was a big hullabaloo at the time. He had suitors everywhere and vowed he wouldn't leave the west coast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Hardy should just fork it over and be the bigger man.

T.O. is a typical case of arrested development. Any grown man that whines that much about a number should STFU.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hardy to switch to No. 84

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- For Bills fans filling out their programs: Yes, folks, T.O. will be No. 81.

Owens introduced

NFL.com Video

Bills WR Terrell Owens meets the media for the first time after being introduced in Buffalo.

The Buffalo Bills said Thursday that newly signed receiver Terrell Owens will be getting his familiar number, and that second-year receiver James Hardy will be switching to No. 84.

Hardy, the team's second-round draft pick out of Indiana last year, wore No. 81 during his rookie season.

It's unclear whether Hardy will be compensated by Owens to switch numbers. In the past, veteran players joining new teams have been known to pay for or provide compensation for the right to switch numbers.

Owens has worn No. 81 throughout his NFL career, but wore No. 80 in college at Tennessee-Chattanooga.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Well he gets his way again.I knew he would.i hope one of our defensive guys lays the wood on him this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I second that thought Mosse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

What number is Shawn Springs going to wear?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

He will be wearing T.O,s number come this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

81?.... TO still is #2 where ever he goes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

shawn springs wore 24 with the Redskins. Jonathan Wilhite wore it for the Patriots. #24 is a candidate for retirement for the Patriots in honor of Ty Law. Springs is listed on the Patriots roster as #24 along with Wilhite. Who should get it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Springs.

F Wilhite.

I wasn't the most enthusiastic supporter of bringing Springs in, but warmed to the idea.

Nevertheless, always give the digit to the vet. When Wilhite has proved it he can demand a number too.

Springs will probably pay him for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Do we need any further proof that even the players understand that we root for the laundry and not for them?

"That's my number," indeed.

That's right Terrell, that's your number, and you'd better hold onto it for dear life, because without it nobody would know who you are . . .

. . . and we couldn't have that, now could we?

Sections
Shortcuts