Players love to say it is a business when...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salpointe. Show salpointe's posts

Players love to say it is a business when...

Funny how players state that hold outs for new contracts are a "business decision", but when they get cut, traded, etc., then it is more personal?!  Can not have it both ways.........if you hold out for more money and try to justify it as business, then take your medicine and move on when the team goes into another direction becuase........"it is a business". 

Hurts to lose the big Sey, but we true fans will stick by the team no matter what.  Love what the old players have done for us fans....time to move on and hope we have another good season....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Players love to say it is a business when...

I was wondering when somebody was going to bring this up . . .

again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

And I always thought it was the organizations who said "its just business". 

Funny how fans despise players when they make their "its only business" play, but cheer the team when they do it.

But as fans, I guess we are allowed the double standard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

really? the team is the one that always does that? it wasnt seymour saying that when he was holding out, it wasnt branch or givens or vinny or asante saying that as their reasons for going elsewhere/holding out? its not wilfork now saying that while talking about his new contract?

it seems to me the player uses it when it suits him, giving him the reason to hold out for more money, or to move to a new team for more money ... its business.

whats really funny are the fans that turn on a team/coach when they cut/trade a player for 'business' reasons, yet applaud the players when they hold out/move on for more money because its a 'business'.

there fore, i guess you are right, some fans do have a double standard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

bbtrick - All the names that you were able to bring up ought to ring that bell in your head that maybe (just maybe) that pats are an org that does play the "its only business" game and very very well, I might add.

I am not opposed to it.  My colts do a pretty good job of it (although not as good as the pats), too.   

But don't kid yourself, that this is a players only thing.  fans are fans of organizations, not players and thus demand loyalty from those players to the org.  When one of those players decides to look out for himself, the fans are apoplectic.

I can't wait till Moss gets cut.

Sections
Shortcuts