Players on the rise after tonight's game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game

I especially liked the references to Fletcher being all-over -the field, Solder dominating at the line as well as  second level linebackers and Kyle Love busting the offensive center. These three individuals destroyed our opponents "containment" ability and so destabilized their offensive and defensive systems to allow others to shine.

It's not always who gets the sack but more to the point, who created the opportunity.  On closer analysis yet to come we will no doubt discover other unsung heroes....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jay2008777. Show jay2008777's posts

I thought Slater played well also...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmmara10. Show cmmara10's posts

Lookie, lookie what BB has brought to the table (again)

Hoyer looked good  steady
    ridley was a surprise.....

But Ryan is the sleeper if his head will stay center..... looked like a little unpolished Bledsoe baby

BB  is really looking at life after Tom

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Slater's leaping catch on the sideline left me speechless.  If he can show ANY growth as an actual WR, combined with his special teams' value and Price's play and ST value, I don't see how Tate makes the squad now.

Fletcher was very impressive.  He was in the backfield constantly.  He's a smallish guy (really, he's a borderline safety), so in a 4-man front the O-line loses him behind those big D-linemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from floodgate. Show floodgate's posts

Daryl Richard with his two sacks also looked good pushing the o-line.
    Richard, Love, Cohen, and Anderson, and sometimes Cunningham all brought pressure.  
    Ohrnberger was solid as center, I think. Since Wendell is injured he may be very important as alternative to Koppen.
    If both o-line and d-line perform this well, we should have great season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I am most impressed with Mallett.  He's a first year guy without much practice/conditioning at the Pro level.  In addition, he was involved in more plays, based on his position.  Yet, he made his performance look like he was having fun playing football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

Preseason is like the wedding's rehearsal dinner.
    Coaches are exactly like the bride and the bride's mother who check the caterers,the flower arrangers,the behavior of the relatives.They change seating charts,and make subtle shifts in timing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

In Response to Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game:
    While I was watching the game, I kept imaging the dark, evil chuckling inside BB's head as he watched the trade value of his QBs climb.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

Most of the time great quarterbacks are not visible since assistant coaches cannot imagine an alternative to their original favorite choice. A great deal of these coaches is invested in the present starter.
    If the assistant missed the talents of a replacement like Montana,Brady,Unitas,or Theisman,then its pretty obvious they are like the judge at the Miss America pageant who voted against the winner.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Slater's leaping catch on the sideline left me speechless.  If he can show ANY growth as an actual WR, combined with his special teams' value and Price's play and ST value, I don't see how Tate makes the squad now. Fletcher was very impressive.  He was in the backfield constantly.  He's a smallish guy (really, he's a borderline safety), so in a 4-man front the O-line loses him behind those big D-linemen.
    Posted by MattC05

Interesting that you think he's small . . . he's 6'2 #250. I'm not sure how that qualifies as small. :) But, yes, he had a heck of a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3boysandababy. Show 3boysandababy's posts

Tom Brady looking ridiculously hot and his hair. yummy. that's what impressed me most. Then some catches of Price.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crankeeyankee3. Show crankeeyankee3's posts

While I was watching the game, I kept imaging the dark, evil chuckling inside BB's head as he watched the trade value of his QBs climb.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

I think we're getting too close to the end of Brady's career to think about trading QBs (like we did with Cassell).  Heck - Brady could be the one traded.  He would probably agree to go to the 49ers ... they STILL don't have a QB (but that window may be closing with the 49ers possibly throwing this season so that Harbargh ends up with Luck).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game : Interesting that you think he's small . . . he's 6'2 #250. I'm not sure how that qualifies as small. :) But, yes, he had a heck of a game.
    Posted by reamer

He was a defensive end in college. Kind of like what Teddy Bruschi was.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

In Response to Re: Players on the rise after tonight's game :  He was a defensive end in college. Kind of like what Teddy Bruschi was.
    Posted by trouts

The kid is a player! I've lived in his hometown (Bozeman, MT) for the past 6 years and he has been a stud at whatever he put his mind to since high school. Great athlete: Junior A level hockey player (Bozeman Ice Dogs),a top rated highschool Baseball (Catcher) player for the Bucks, first team all state linebacker and honorable mention tight end in high school.

In college at Montana State is trajectory went in one direction only. UP. He grew into a DE and finished his college career as the Big Sky Conference MVP despite having had mono and some injuries.

Amazing kid, amazing work ethic. Ran a 4.61 at Pro Day w 36" vert and 29 reps @225.
    Hope he sticks with the Pats. His parents own a bar in town and the Patriots are on every TV screen in the place come Sunday. What more can a New Englander ask for in the west!! Go Pats! Nice work Dane!!

Sections
Shortcuts