Players Pats passed on that they will regret later...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Players Pats passed on that they will regret later...

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The Pats have drafted pretty well overall since BB took over. Everybody misses some. The Colts probably thought they were set when they drafted Addai, but their first pick in this draft was a RB. Six players in the top 100 should give us 2-3 solid and maybe star players. Good draft. Great trades. Glad Hobbs is gone as well.

I think my head just exploded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wanted us to draft Brandon Graham, Justin Houston and Everson Griffen. I was obviuosly wrong on Graham - he went earlier than I thought he would - but I still thought even going that high he would be worth the selection...he hasn't been. Houston was a guy I just couldn't figure out why we didn't go after...there was talk he failed a drug test, but I just thought in the third round this was a guy who could pass rush. Griffen I thought would fit in our system, his stock was down during the draft, but I thought the talent was there. I want to say I read we came close to drafting Griffen before we decided to trade out of our slot, too bad. When I watched Griffen before the draft I was amazed a guy that big could break down in space and make tackles as well as he could...I mean he was making some amazing tackles...stuff few could do outside all alone. I don't know what his roll is for the Vikings, but I know he's going to be a hot commodity this off season (he already turned down the viking's contract extension/offer this season).

The draft is a guessing game....I hated the Spikes pick at the time, but he worked out pretty good for us. I absolutely hated - despised - the Cunningham selection a few years ago, I thought he was the worst of all the tweener types that came out the draft that year. For a while it looked like I was wrong, but then Cunningham started playing the way he looked at Florida.....rush straight up the field with no pass rush moves to speak of, taking himself right out of 90% of the plays. Jared Ordrick was a guy a lot of people loved before the draft and I wasn't real impressed with him...Ordrick has turned out very good for the Dolphins. You just never know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I don't know what his roll is for the Vikings, but I know he's going to be a hot commodity this off season (he already turned down the viking's contract extension/offer this season).

I get that sense too and honestly I don't get it.  The guy has started 1 game in his entire career and some people are speculating that he could get like 5 or 6 million a year.  Insane.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't know what his roll is for the Vikings, but I know he's going to be a hot commodity this off season (he already turned down the viking's contract extension/offer this season).

[/QUOTE]

I get that sense too and honestly I don't get it.  The guy has started 1 game in his entire career and some people are speculating that he could get like 5 or 6 million a year.  Insane.

[/QUOTE]

I think he's a good player - at least I liked what I saw when he came out of the draft - but his numbers don't warrant a 5-6 million dollar a year player. I agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to BradyHasMoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE][QUOTE]Great post, however BB is still the man and I trust his insticts. They thing that cost us two superbowls was a crappy secondary. I would like to have Beason, Demeco Ryans, and Tatupu
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

you can go down the list of every draft at every position and say that about every team and players drafted. its irrelevant. some players arent a fit for the system and some turned out better than people expected thats what just happens. too many what if's or COULD have beens. no point at looking at the past.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. To say we should have picked "x player" in hindsight is kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. I will say I like this thread because it's football talk and not an insult fest. Of that list I like Channing a Crowder. I knows he acts like an a whole, but I've always liked his game and motor. Go Pats! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow Z, bold predictions back then. I'll be honest I saw Maualuga as being over rated but I remember trading out of the Matthews pick and being upset. 

I thought Matthews was good and Cushing could be serviceable 

Sadly, your prediction on all three of these guys was way off... Sadly. Wish we had Clay

[/QUOTE]

Oh man joe, it's like you posted an 80's picture of z with a mullet.  Talk about the unholy trinity of chit players.  Oh well if anyone deserves a Mulligan it's z.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]The Pats have drafted pretty well overall since BB took over. Everybody misses some. The Colts probably thought they were set when they drafted Addai, but their first pick in this draft was a RB. Six players in the top 100 should give us 2-3 solid and maybe star players. Good draft. Great trades. Glad Hobbs is gone as well.

[/QUOTE]

Lol!!!!!!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It is always interesting to see something of the people who are no longer here... Or they have changed names

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pretty cool, but also those years are probably the worst drafts the pats had! 06, 07, 08, i believe 09 too....they have been better in thsee more recent years....

i just want they to stay in first round more often and take first round talent than looking for the value all the time.  There is great value in the first round to ya know!

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts