Players Select Brady as NFL's Top Player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Players Select Brady as NFL's Top Player

To the surprise of no one, other than UD6, Tom Brady has been selected as the best player in the NFL. As I've said repeatedly, while Peyton Manning has been surrounded with top tier weapons, Brady was done more with less, throughout his career. 

Thoughts?     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Players Select Brady as NFL's Top Player

What's really cool is that Revis and Ray Lewis introduced him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d82092a43/Top-100-Tom-Brady?module=HP_cp2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Players Select Brady as NFL's Top Player:
    [QUOTE]What's really cool is that Revis and Ray Lewis introduced him. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d82092a43/Top-100-Tom-Brady?module=HP_cp2
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Revis, I consider him to be the top defensive player in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think it's fair. He's done more with less and more with more too in 2007 and 2010. He still has 3 rings to Peyton's 1. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The right pick. I think the offense will be even better this year, Welker will be far more comfortable on that knee, Gronk and Hernandez will each have a year of pro experience uner their belt, Price could be a factor. Not to mention the youth movement at RB, that's a lot of young legs back there, the opponets will have to respect it more this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady has just about always been better than Manning.

If the average fooitball fan or writer wasn't dumb as a stump, he would have won most all the opinion polls right along as well.

The criteria for greatness in a QB is putting up big numbers, especially when it counts, and taking care of the ball. NOBODY has ever done all that as well as Brady. To be fair, Rogers is looking like a man who can challenge that supremacy. Time will tell on that. But Peyton Manning sure as hell isn't challenging it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I thought Ray Lewis' comments were pretty much spot on. I would add, that I agree. It is an exceptional honor to be selected as such by your peers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

No surprise to me.  As good as Manning is, I don't think he can inspire his teammates like Brady can.  That's probably the difference.  Manning is a great on-field manager, but Brady is a true leader.  Manning will make all the right calls and put his teammates in the right positions to make plays . . . but Brady will inspire his teammates to want to fight and die to win. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Ray Lewis' comments were pretty much spot on. I would add, that I agree. It is an exceptional honor to be selected as such by your peers.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Deion Sanders' comments hit the bulleye. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]What's really cool is that Revis and Ray Lewis introduced him. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2011/09000d5d82092a43/Top-100-Tom-Brady?module=HP_cp2
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

I pretty much jizzed myself watching this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

He's got more rings and he now has a better QB rating. Therefore he's a better QB I don't know why people think otherwise it's not rocket science Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I love how Tom spent virtually the entire interview giving all of the credit to his teammates and coaches. That's really what sets him apart from a lot of the big time QBs today(Jay Cutler, I am looking at you).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If I could pin point one quality of all his qualities it's the undying need to win. Gotta love that in a sports person he just never stops, simply relentless. Im not sure I know of another sports person in the world with so much sucess who still craves more as though it's his first day in the league. We're truely blessed to have him!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Manning will make all the right calls and put his teammates in the right positions to make plays . . . but Brady will inspire his teammates to want to fight and die to win.                      

You hit the nail on the head. I don't believe Manning was "dissed" for being #2. Great he may be, but Brady seems to fire up his guys better. Maybe that is because he's always praising them in the press rather than throwing them "under the bus"! Just an "intangible", but he's got that in spades. And Tom does have high expectations for himself. I can't see him wanting to hang it up until he's got five rings. He certainly doesn't seem to have slowed down (or have any lingering effects from his injured knee), especially when you look at last season. We as Patriots fans truly are blessed to have this guy as our own. Ray was spot on, and surprisingly Revis was quite respectful. I'm sure Fat Rex didn't write his speech for him! I also think Revis should have been more like 4 or 5 on the list. Hate him as a Jest, but the guy is the best CB I've seen since Prime...in his prime. Maybe when he becomes a FA he'd like to move north to a real winning team! If Tom had come in second to Manning I'd believe the votes were rigged. The fan vote was overwhelming in his favor, but I put more stock into the opinions of the guys he plays with and (especially) against!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]I love how Tom spent virtually the entire interview giving all of the credit to his teammates and coaches. That's really what sets him apart from a lot of the big time QBs today(Jay Cutler, I am looking at you).
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear Tom mention Randy Moss....... hmmmm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Tom Brady is the best and his peers picked him #1.  And the always classy Tom Brady said on NFL Network that he thinks Peyton Manning is the best of all time and gives credit to all his teammates and coaching for what he's become.  Brady is the man!  Good for him!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players Select Brady as NFL's Top Player : I didn't hear Tom mention Randy Moss....... hmmmm.
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

He didn't mention any active players not on the team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I agree Brady was the best player of 2010.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

LOL - Rusty. 

There you go playing with fantasies again.  It's never rational to promote fantasy as fact for things that have already occurred.  Neither you nor I have any idea what he would have been in in 08 or 09.  In the year leading up to 09, this board and the entire national media tabbed the pats as preseason super bowl favorites because of how well Brady responded to surgery.  He was running in February, only when he came in and didn't produce did everyone start using the knee as an excuse. 

You and everyone else can try to take back your big talk and predictions preseason 09 and blame the failure on his recovery, but that BS ends right here, because I read it everyday on this board and all over the national media outlets. 

Brady played 17 games in 09, got his team to the playoffs and then choked miserably at home.  Last year, Brady had a phenomenal regular season, but again couldn't muster that magic in the playoffs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

brady being voted #1 should be a no brainer.  last time i checked winning was the most important thing.  and i have to say when it comes down to it brady has the balls to put his team on his back and carry them to victory with alot less then the choke artist peyton manning who is i think one of the more over rated players around.  Look at the talent he has had surounding him and what only 1 super bowl?? hmm brady has 3 and didnt ever really have a #1 until moss.  The guy is a competitor like no other in the league and anyone who thinks manning is on his level is wrong.  looks like rogers is developing and also as much as i hate him rothlisberger even wins more then manning( prob cuz hes a choke artist)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty - absolutely Brady would have been great in 08 and better in 09 than he was if he had not been injured, but to speculate that he would have been MVP is a stretch at best.  He had 6 seasons prior to 07 to produce that and didn't. 

That would be like me saying Manning would have been MVP in 10 since he was in 08 and 09 if he hadn't had all those injuries last year and didn't have neck surg prior to the beginning of the season. 

I think the thing you guys forget with me is that I also think Brady is great.  I just don't anoint him because he is a patriot like you guys do, which is fine since you are fans, but doesn't automatically make it true. 

All I've heard on this board is about the Manning choke, yet when brady starts playing exactly like Manning and comes up short in the same way all I hear is Brady's the best.  You have two different sets of standards - one for your player and one for everyone else. 

As for personnel.  If Manning had Brady's defense and kicker, I am sure he would have won lots of superbowls.  Its hilarious how little credit you give to the NE defense and Viniateri when promoting Brady. 

25. This post has been removed.