Players thats got away.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

Re: Players thats got away.....

Vinatieri was replaced by Gostkowski, Cassel was replaceable because we have Brady, so those players are good moves........  Samuel is a good candidate for regret however I do not believe losing him cost us that much. 
    Can anyone think of any other players? 

There are plenty other teams where a player has left a team and became a star for another team.....So Bill is that good!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Meh.  Curtis liked being a media darling in NY, he left for a spotlight.

Samuel made me crazy the last 2 years he was with us, the interception hunting while guys got to catch passes right next to him was just maddening, and then to top it off the epic fail in SB which I do place 100 percent on him.  Twice.  When Rodney Harrison says it was Samuel's fault, I believe it, and my own eyes had already shown me it was true.  Good riddance, 60 million dollar nightmare uncoachable freelancer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Should have never cut draftee Ted Larsen this yr.

I'm just kidding but I didn't realize until 2 weeks ago that this kid has been starting at guard for Tampa Bay this yr.  TB also played old friend Tyrone McKenzie the last few weeks of the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Chad Jackson...j/k.  Can't think of too many players let go during the Belichick regime that became a whole lot better elsewhere.  However, there is a laundry list of players that signed for big $$$ elsewhere and didn't live up to their bloated contracts. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we just kept Branch and Law after '05 we prob win the SB in '06.

We lost a huge AFC championship lead b/c nobody in secondary but Asante was ready to make plays after Rodney was hurt (Law owns Peyton) and b/c Reche and a couple other bums couldn't make freaking 8 yard 3rd down catches to keep the Indy offense off the field (Branch makes a living at that).

Other than those 2 guys that one offseason I've been fine with the moves.

Clearly if we drafted a lil better in '06 and '07 you can make cases for SB's those years as well, but everyone can go back into the draft and say "Greg Jennings over chad Jackson DUH" as hindsight is 20-20. We needed some youth on D 1-2 years earlier than it came and these Wheatley/Crable/David Thomas busts didn't help.

Samuel and Seymour on the last 2 teams would prob have meant a 2nd rd loss in '08 and championship game loss in Indy in '09. They would make our still insulted D MUCH scarier right now. If we truly have spent the Asante cash on Wilfork (and were unable to have both) and get a stud for Big Sey this year... than I am ok w/ those moves. But those are 2 very talented guys you could have done ok with overpaying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Ted Larsen looks like a stud we let go unfortunatly. He could have started next year for a retired neal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Players thats got away.....:
    [QUOTE]Since we have gotten far afield here: Carlton Fisk, Rick Burleson (The Rooster), and Freddie Lynn. Back to the topic, you could argue that Bledsoe had some moments both at Buffalo and Dallas, but the guy never learned to step up in the pocket or adjust to a short passing game, and he ran like a giraffe on stilts (I stole that line). Bottom line, Brady was better and ran the offense the way the coaches wanted it run. Terry Glenn's stats at Green Bay and Dallas pretty much matched his production at New England except for his rookie year 90 receptions. He just never got with the Belichick program though and had to go. He didn't deserve the ring he got and screwed himself out of two more. Belichick's policy is to get rid of a guy a year too early rather than a year too late. It seems to be working. I don't miss Samuel because I see him whiff on tackles every time I watch an Iggles game. I don't blame him for avoiding contact because he is a bit fragile. The thing is, he is no Deion Sanders.
    Posted by TampaPete[/QUOTE]
       Not that it really matters, but I dont think he received a ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]Curtis Martin
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I believe the creator of this post meant players in the BB era who didn't do well when he left here.

Martin was great when he left, but he was a BB player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players thats got away..... : I believe the creator of this post meant players in the BB era who didn't do well when he left here. Martin was great when he left, but he was a BB player.
    Posted by quasi[/QUOTE]

Check a few posts after that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftld0. Show ftld0's posts

richard seymore

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Stallworth. Off the field not so much, but on the field ... yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from u240robert. Show u240robert's posts

I can't think of any that became stars, that already weren't.
    But of the players the Pats let go, the ones I missed the most
    were Ty Law, Asante Samuel and Deion Branch

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

I suppose David Thomas never met his full potential in NE.  The TEs we have now make that point irrelevant.  Watson has also found more success in Cleveland but I would still rather have our current TE lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Players thats got away..... : I think Vrabel was also dumped because he was a player rep and may have rattled the cage a little bit. That seemed to be the insinuation in the media, anyway. So, his "leadership" value was probably seen as compromised after 2008.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]isnt brady now the rep?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

@jerh5

You are absolutely correct.  I don't know why I thought they gave Terry Glenn a ring when he clearly didn't deserve one.

From Wikipedia, "...and when the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI, Glenn did not receive a championship ring. Glenn played in four games in 2001, most notably against the San Diego Chargers, where he caught the first touchdown thrown by Tom Brady."

I edited my previous post.

Sections
Shortcuts