Players the Pats need to cut...now!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Players the Pats need to cut...now!

Only agree with Fells, and that's about it. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

1.) Gregory, first and foremost, would clear 2.3 million. 

2.) Gostkowski  would clear 3.4 million, he's an average kicker, you can get a better one at a cheaper price.

3.) Slater, who I would resign as soon as possible for being one of the best gunners in football, would clear 2.6 million. 

4.) Daniel Fells, who barely saw the field last year, would clear 1.5 million. 

Together, these four would free up close to 10 million in cap space! 

Your numbers are off, you're not factoring in dead money. Cutting Gregory, for example, would only net $400K in cap savings (not $2.3 mil) because his signing bonus would accelerate.  Cutting Ghost would save $1.8 mil (not 3.4), Slater $1.3 (not 2.6) and Fells $1 mil (not 1.5), so your net savings would be $4.5 mil, which isn't much because they'd have to be replaced. Of that group, I could see Fells being let go.

Great post Muz!!!!--factual and to the point--don't see that very often here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Agree, and the pats will cut Gregory and fells... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

5)  Restructure or cut Mayo

You are still on if he doesn't sack the QB he is a bad LB kick, good for you.

Actually I'm more concerned with the whiffing, hitting the wrong hole and his lack of coverage skills but thanks for reminding me how useless a pass rusher he is.

I don't understand why this guy gets such a free pass.  A hugely underwhelming Top Ten pick who  completely disappeared the last 6 games of the year.......yeah, I'm on a kick - lol

What MLB in a 4-3 is a "pass rusher"?  Do you even know the sport?  Stick to average 90s movies and your IT skills. LOL

Agree! Dude needs to put the pipe down..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What MLB in a 4-3 is a "pass rusher"?  Do you even know the sport?  Stick to average 90s movies and your IT skills. LOL

[/QUOTE]

MLB....MLB.....MLB...???????  Do you even know the sport?  You don't even know what position Mayo plays. LMAO@YA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

looks like he's hitting all the right holes to me...

So is the guy on the Left.  Is he still even playing football?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think to many people here underestimate a lot of players based on statisitics. Mayo is a good player and a leader. You do not replace him by snapping your fingers even if he is not living up to your standards (whatever those are).

And Gost? Becase he had an off year? So who doesn't have an off year at some point. Especially kickers. If you guys had it youyr way we would be replacing good players after any not so great season. Sure sometimes a guy does lose his edge and that is that. But there are way too many trigger happy people here.

Upgrade waht needs upgrading: pass from inside, pass rush from outside, cover capabilties from CBs and Ss, a cover LB, replace and/or upgrade the C or G and maybe tackle depending on Vollmer and Cannon... Improve WR group. Not bad to have a true bruiser at RB for some real tough power runs though it is not a critical issue...

Upgrade DB coaches and special teams coaches.

Pay Wes a little extra if he catches the ball in the fourth quarter of playoff games and dock him when he drops one in the 4th of playoff games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

looks like he's hitting all the right holes to me...

those gals don't even look like hawaiians

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

Agree, and the pats will cut Gregory and fells... 

Why cut Gregory? To save $400K on the cap? Then they need to find two safeties. Good luck finding a ball boy for $400K. 

Sections
Shortcuts