Players will help ... but Patriots need COACHES.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Players will help ... but Patriots need COACHES.

If Belichick doesn't bring in another offensive coach, consultant ...  this will be another failed season of struggling at the end of games for Brady to pull off miracles.    2013 ...  what a disjointed, lost season of inconsistent offense .  Especially the last game loss against Denver which leaves a putrid taste in the mouth of fans who want to see Brady clicking with his teammates in the biggest game of the year. 

Yes.... it is about coaching, leadership, scheme, strategy ,out-smarting the defense you are facing and using the talent of your best players ...   all of that.  And winning the game...  Its not about trotting out your Belivanilla and oh well players didn't execute bullsh1!t.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Players will help ... but Patriots need COACHES.

any coming out in the draft?  Maybe we can hire a successfull college coach, idk but I def. agree with your point. McDaniels has proven already that the big games are too much for him....going back to 2007 SB he pizzed away with horrible playcalling.

I dont see it changing. Either you have it or you dont. Ive grown tired of seeing our asst. coaches be slapped around in postseaon with befuddled looks on their faces. BB said at the combine that his staff is pretty much set though. Sorry to dissapoint you ...

I mean I will say this. Anything can happen once you are in with the way the ball bounces but seeing those teams on the NFC side, the lack of weapons brady has, the shu-Lacking! the Seahawks put on Denver with all pro weaponry and Goodells Hatred for BB, Its gonna be tough sledding. So when you add to that, BB wanted to hire within it just makes the task that much harder so yes we could win another, but I doubt its gonna be Brady/BB. There time is almost up

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Man o man, coolade, have you ever got a h*rd-on for McDaniels.  You may wish to reconsider your level of drum usage because you appear, with all due respect, to be beating it to death.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man o man, coolade, have you ever got a h*rd-on for McDaniels.  You may wish to reconsider your level of drum usage because you appear, with all due respect, to be beating it to death.

[/QUOTE]

It pisses me off sorry....   After a while you have a pattern ,  after awhile you can see it like its slapping you in the face. 

A lot of fans like yourself  just don't like to hear the truth.  you can't handle it, so you name call and sling sarcasm. 

I think the best thing that could happen to this team is a major restructuring of the coaching staff.   Right now is the opportunity.

YOu have lost the 2 most important pieces to the puzzle...No?    Scarnechia and Pepper Johnson.   The 2 guys with real Cred.   other than Belichick.    Who else ya got...?

Just brainstorming but you basically need another guy on offense and one on defense.  Its hard to demote a guy to a position coach but that is what McD should do, or release him.  Its over for him now as a patriot OC. .. or it should be.   Bring in a high stature Offensive coach to take over the offense and give Mcd an offer to coach WRs or QBs...  That is what fits him.

The defense showed promise last year with all the bodies on the field and it is a deeper unit so it is an easier fix.  But I would definitely lean toward a black guy  to replace the presence of Peppers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It pisses me off sorry....   After a while you have a pattern ,  after awhile you can see it like its slapping you in the face. 

ATJ comment:  I understand that's the way you see it. 

A lot of fans like yourself  just don't like to hear the truth.  you can't handle it, so you name call and sling sarcasm. 

ATJ comment:  I understand that you are frustrated but do try to be factual particularly when you are alleging actions that I have taken.  Kindly show me a post anywhere in this forum where I have called anyone a name.  I would also caution you with respect  to playing fast and loose with the word 'truth'.  Simply because you see it that way doesn't make it 'true'.

I think the best thing that could happen to this team is a major restructuring of the coaching staff.   Right now is the opportunity.

YOu have lost the 2 most important pieces to the puzzle...No?    Scarnechia and Pepper Johnson.   The 2 guys with real Cred.   other than Belichick.    Who else ya got...?

ATJ comment:  Scar and Pepper were the two most important coaches on the staff?    Scar unquestionably was one of the finest asst coaches in the league but that doesn't mean he's not replaceable.  Dave DeGuglielmo has a pretty solid rep and I wouldn't sell him short.  Pepper was highly effective D line coach but let's give Brendan Daly a chance. 

Just brainstorming but you basically need another guy on offense and one on defense.  Its hard to demote a guy to a position coach but that is what McD should do, or release him.  Its over for him now as a patriot OC. .. or it should be.   Bring in a high stature Offensive coach to take over the offense and give Mcd an offer to coach WRs or QBs...  That is what fits him.

ATJ comment:  I simply don't see it the same way.  But we've had this conversation on here before.

The defense showed promise last year with all the bodies on the field and it is a deeper unit so it is an easier fix.  But I would definitely lean toward a black guy  to replace the presence of Peppers.

ATJ comment:  The color of a coach's skin has exactly what to do with anything?

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ATJ comment:  I understand that you are frustrated but do try to be factual particularly when you are alleging actions that I have taken.  Kindly show me a post anywhere in this forum where I have called anyone a name.  I would also caution you with respect  to playing fast and loose with the word 'truth'.  Simply because you see it that way doesn't make it 'true'.

ATJ comment:  Scar and Pepper were the two most important coaches on the staff?    Scar unquestionably was one of the finest asst coaches in the league but that doesn't mean he's not replaceable.  Dave DeGuglielmo has a pretty solid rep and I wouldn't sell him short.  Pepper was highly effective D line coach but let's give Brendan Daly a chance. 

ATJ comment:  I simply don't see it the same way.  But we've had this conversation on here before.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

means nothing or everything....   depending on who (which player) youre talking to.  Just a hunch but people who really know what they are talking about have actually walked in the shoes of a player.  That doesnt dismiss those who didn't and doesn't mean all players make good coaches... but right now this team needs more cred -like coaches. 

We shall see.  We'll see if Belichick gets it and can morph this staff into something better or the reverse which will be represented by more of the same and a continued long slow erosion and waste of the last productive years of Brady as QB of this team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

conversation on here before.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take a stab at this and I dont mean to speak for him. Only reason I am adressing this is because Ive heard it from many players. When Crennel was here, Players loved playing for him. Guys like Willie McGinest spoke about his ability to relate to players and how much interaction they had plus input. Not saying a white coach cant be successful, thats ludicrous but with the Defense being mostly black players , having a coach like Crennel who related well to them was a godsend thats understated here. Sure guys like Matty P too but he just doesnt have the exp. Like I said, not in full agreement w/coolade just attempting to explain why he said it. I would just be happy with a veteran who knows the game and isnt too smart or arrogant to look in the mirror which is what I currently think of McDaniels.

We can talk about high scoring offenses led by Brady, but we all know he(josh) was a huge failure in Denver(as a H.C.). Obie came in from College and we never missed a beat so is Joshy really a genius or is it bradys decision making? He(josh) took a promising QB like Bradford who had a great rookie year and made him look like Trash when he took over the next season and in just about every playoff game he has coached this offense he has been overmatched with his cute calls and trying to outsmart someone and just outsmarts himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

means nothing or everything....   depending on who (which player) youre talking to.  Just a hunch but people who really know what they are talking about have actually walked in the shoes of a player.  That doesnt dismiss those who didn't and doesn't mean all players make good coaches... but right now this team needs more cred -like coaches. 

ATJ comment:  Try as I might I can't really figure out what you're saying here but I'd just as soon leave it alone. 

We shall see.  We'll see if Belichick gets it and can morph this staff into something better or the reverse which will be represented by more of the same and a continued long slow erosion and waste of the last productive years of Brady as QB of this team.

ATJ comment:  Don't read the following if you find irony offensive:  I'd forgotten - if the Pats don't win another SB before Brady retires all the guys posting on this board will end up emasculated and all the gals will grow beards. 

If you expect the Pats to expend every possible effort to win now at the expense of the future you're rooting for the wrong team.  Won't happen.

[/QUOTE]

Confining your response to the final comment I made on the previous thread and to a broad generality tells me you don't really have a response to my other comments.  Noted.  And do try to come across as just a skosh less arrogant - you may find people more willing to engage in dialog with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take a stab at this and I dont mean to speak for him. Only reason I am adressing this is because Ive heard it from many players. When Crennel was here, Players loved playing for him. Guys like Willie McGinest spoke about his ability to relate to players and how much interaction they had plus input. Not saying a white coach cant be successful, thats ludicrous but with the Defense being mostly black players , having a coach like Crennel who related well to them was a godsend thats understated here. Sure guys like Matty P too but he just doesnt have the exp. Like I said, not in full agreement w/coolade just attempting to explain why he said it. I would just be happy with a veteran who knows the game and isnt too smart or arrogant to look in the mirror which is what I currently think of McDaniels.

We can talk about high scoring offenses led by Brady, but we all know he(josh) was a huge failure in Denver(as a H.C.). Obie came in from College and we never missed a beat so is Joshy really a genius or is it bradys decision making? He(josh) took a promising QB like Bradford who had a great rookie year and made him look like Trash when he took over the next season and in just about every playoff game he has coached this offense he has been overmatched with his cute calls and trying to outsmart someone and just outsmarts himself.

[/QUOTE]

Romeo was a highly effective Defensive Coordinator because he was good not because he was black.  To suggest otherwise is to, among other things, generalize from the particular.  Dick Lebeau, one of the most respected defensive coordinators in the league, is white and so is everyone's flavor of the month: Dan Quinn of the Seahawks.

Suggesting that skin color is a determinant of success as a coach in the NFL is not at all borne out by the facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to understand the logic behind that. I finally got the blood to stop shooting out of my  nose and ears

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We need DT and more DL. Any color would do long as they can take on a double team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Romeo was a highly effective Defensive Coordinator because he was good not because he was black.  To suggest otherwise is to, among other things, generalize from the particular.  Dick Lebeau, one of the most respected defensive coordinators in the league, is white and so is everyone's flavor of the month: Dan Quinn of the Seahawks.

Suggesting that skin color is a determinant of success as a coach in the NFL is not at all borne out by the facts.

[/QUOTE]

smh, you missed my point I guess. I said I wasnt in agreement w/coolade, Im just explaining why. Players spoke to relating to him like a father figure becasue you know, lots of Nfl players come from broken homes. A father figure is needed. If you are black, maybe you relate to a black coach as a father figure more than a white one. No where did I say Romeo was successful because he was black. let me move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to understand the logic behind that. I finally got the blood to stop shooting out of my  nose and ears

[/QUOTE]

An image with which I will struggle for the remainder of the day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

http://agoodsportshang.com/2012/12/02/belchers-teammates-react-to-bittersweet-victory/

Just because I dont like being miscast. I dont say chit just to say it

What was Romeo Crennel like yesterday? “It was hard on him; I told him after the game that I loved him. he is like my father. I could feel the pain and emotion that he is feeling and going through. He loves each one of us like we’re his son; if something goes wrong, he is a father figure to us besides being a coach. We have to be there for each other, that’s all we can do right now. Trust me, it is tough. It’s going to be all right

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/likeable-crennel-connects-his-players

You don’t want to mess up for Bill (Belichick) because you’re afraid for your job,” Klecko said. “You don’t want to mess up for Romeo because he was like a dad and you didn’t want to disappoint him.”

there are plenty more articles on this but i think you guys get the point.

I dont think most fans here realize how good Crennel was in  that aspect. It made him a great D coordinator but was probably his downfall as a coach,.being honest and forthcoming with info.

Ted Johnson looked to him as a father figure as well so like I said, its more to do w/Crennell himself as a man for ALL players and why I didnt fully agree/coolade

I could even go as far as saying maybe BB was a bit jealous of the way Romeo had all the players respect and maybe thats why he hasnt been invited back yet, despite being available a few times. BB and his narcassist attitude.

Thanks BB

Why else on earth would you NOT bring back a guy like that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

If Belichick doesn't bring in another offensive coach, consultant ...  this will be another failed season of struggling at the end of games for Brady to pull off miracles.    2013 ...  what a disjointed, lost season of inconsistent offense .  Especially the last game loss against Denver which leaves a putrid taste in the mouth of fans who want to see Brady clicking with his teammates in the biggest game of the year. 

Yes.... it is about coaching, leadership, scheme, strategy ,out-smarting the defense you are facing and using the talent of your best players ...   all of that.  And winning the game...  Its not about trotting out your Belivanilla and oh well players didn't execute bullsh1!t.

[/QUOTE]

but it's your D that fails often including in the last AFCCG...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

“He is a great guy and he is mild mannered, but when he needs to put his foot down, he can,” said longtime Patriot and NFL Network analyst Willie McGinest. “He’s an open book; you can talk to him. He’s very approachable. He’s has that mild mannered side but he can get after your a** if he needs to.”

But with those teams of the early 2000s, Crennel didn’t have to yell or scream too much. See, those Patriots won Super Bowls in three of the four seasons when Crennel was the defensive coordinator. But, of course, there were some moments.

“It was almost shocking when he did go off,” Klecko said. “But every once in a while…”

The one moment that stood out to Klecko was during a preseason game in 2004. The Patriots were coming off their second Super Bowl win in three years but were getting pushed around by the Bengals, who scored 28 points in the first half. Crennel reamed out the defense and played the starters for most of the second.

The Patriots went 14-2 that season and captured another Super Bowl ring.

I seem to recall BB speaking about that preseason game in which they played like cr ap because they were feeling themselves. Never recall him mentioning Crennel though

BB is a great coach but he is calculated and be can cold at times. You need a coach to offset just like good cop/bad cop so to speak...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

gotta say i dont quite get the black thing either...plenty of white NBA coaches in an 85% black league and they do fine...Peppers has respect because he played the game and was a part of 5 SB champions not because he is black

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

“We game-planned according to the teams that we played against and what was most effective and finding their weak points,” McGinest said. “We would do whatever we needed to do that’s going to give their offense trouble. That’s the good thing about Romeo. It’s a week-to-week game plan. He just doesn’t throw a skeleton defense on the field. He changes things each week to give his guys favorable matchups.”

Sounds like for years that BB has been getting undue credit. No wonder he doesnt want the guy back. He is a control freak.

You guys keep whistling past the graveyard and believe Matty P and Josh McD are good enough.... I know the deal.

Since Romeo left we have still been a gameplan specific offense but on Defense it hasnt always worked and has grown awfully stale. Hardly ever any games like stunts, twists. Just the same disguise cover 2 cr ap...

Now watch what he does with that talented Texans D. Willie thinks he entered a perfect scenario. Maybe Romeo doesnt want to be under BB anymore, who knows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

smh, you missed my point I guess. I said I wasnt in agreement w/coolade, Im just explaining why. Players spoke to relating to him like a father figure becasue you know, lots of Nfl players come from broken homes. A father figure is needed. If you are black, maybe you relate to a black coach as a father figure more than a white one. No where did I say Romeo was successful because he was black. let me move on.

[/QUOTE]

Either read your post too quickly or spaced what I was reading. I must be experiencing early onset dumba_ss.  Understand your point.  Thanks for restating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Either read your post too quickly or spaced what I was reading. I must be experiencing early onset dumba_ss.  Understand your point.  Thanks for restating.

[/QUOTE]

thx for understanding bro. I appeciate it. Not enough posters do that.

Sections
Shortcuts