NFC

First Round Byes
    #1 Falcons
    #2 Eagles

Wild Card Games
    #6 Giants @ #3 Bears - Winner Giants
    #5 Saints @ #4 Seahawks - Winner Saints

Agree? Disagree? Your picks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Playoff Predictions - First Round

In Response to Playoff Predictions - First Round:
    [QUOTE]AFC First Round Byes #1 Patriots #2 Steelers Wild Card Games #6 Jets @ #3 Chiefs - Winner Chiefs #5 Ravens @ #4 Colts - Winner Colts NFC First Round Byes #1 Falcons #2 Eagles Wild Card Games #6 Giants @ #3 Bears - Winner Giants #5 Saints @ #4 Seahawks - Winner Saints Agree? Disagree? Your picks
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

i agree on the AFC and to be honestly i really dont care about the NFC so i didnt even put any thought into it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Pats #1 seed -the rest fodder. No one can compete with us and this in a rebuilding year so they said-so much for the experts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think that is pretty accurate. The only pick I question is the Chiefs over the Jests. I would really like to see the Chiefs win however.

Indy is starting to slowly return to semi-full strength at just the right time. I see them beating the Ravens convincingly. I would really like if we played Indy in the AFCCG here in Foxborough. It conjures up old memories of Peyton in the cold.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I like your AFC picks but I wouldn't bet on either game. Cheifs are good when Cassell is playing so I give them the edge, but the Colts are really struggling on offense. I see that game as a push.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff Predictions - First Round:
    [QUOTE]Pats #1 seed -the rest fodder. No one can compete with us and this in a rebuilding year so they said-so much for the experts!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]
    Remember '07.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]I think that is pretty accurate. The only pick I question is the Chiefs over the Jests. I would really like to see the Chiefs win however.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

This was the hardest pick. I must have changed it 5 or 6 times before posting it.  I just see the Jets really struggling after they get beat by the Steelers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jets will not make the playoffs.

WCs:  Balt and SD

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing is for sure this season, there are going to be a lot of very good and interesting matchup through these playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Indy done after they lose to the Jaguars.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Personnally, I don't want Peyton in the playoffs....they are too hard to put away...even this year at home. I also don't want to see the Chargers...

Ideally, Chiefs, Jags, Jets, Ravens...

Want the best QB's (other than Brady) sitting home for the playoffs...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I believe the Jets would have to lose the next three games to be out of the playoffs which would put the Chargers in.  I can see them lose to the Steelers and possibly the bears, but I don't see them losing to the Bills.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

NE 14-2
    PIT 13-3
    SD 10-6
    JAX 10-6

WC
    BAL 11-5
    NYJ 10-6

SD over NYJ
    BAL over JAX

BAL over NE
    SD over PIT

SD over BAL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the Jets would have to lose the next three games to be out of the playoffs which would put the Chargers in.  I can see them lose to the Steelers and possibly the bears, but I don't see them losing to the Bills.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Did you see them losing to Miami?  Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The Bills will give NY all they can handle in 2 weeks. Just watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

Never count thy chickens before they hatch. Deadly mistake, say the Pats suffer more injuries, loose the next three or go 1-2 and Baltimore and the Steelers get the bye. What then? Just wait and see folks. Because the season just started.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]NE 14-2 PIT 13-3 SD 10-6 JAX 10-6 WC BAL 11-5 NYJ 10-6 SD over NYJ BAL over JAX BAL over NE SD over PIT SD over BAL
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]
    LOL How about you wait till the chargers lock up a playoff spot before you put them in the superbowl.

Also steelers AND ravens cant get a bye, unless one of them switches divisions.

1-pats
    2-steelers
    3-jags
    4-chiefs
    5-ravens
    6-colts

jags>colts -Chiefs>ravens

Pats>chiefs Jags>Steelers

Pats> jags

Ultimately Pats>falcons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoff Predictions - First Round : LOL How about you wait till the chargers lock up a playoff spot before you put them in the superbowl. Also steelers AND ravens cant get a bye, unless one of them switches divisions. 1-pats 2-steelers 3-jags 4-chiefs 5-ravens 6-colts jags />colts -Chiefs>ravens Pats>chiefs Jags>Steelers Pats> jags Ultimately Pats>falcons.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

my mistake, you're right. was just trying to make a point that we as fans shouldn't get cocky.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Also steelers AND ravens cant get a bye, unless one of them switches divisions.

you too Sir may buy a vowel!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Any fan gettting cocky in the cap era NFL hasn't been paying attention.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Jets will not make the playoffs. WCs:  Balt and SD
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I agree, Jets will not win WC.  You can just feel it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

JBOLT, your enthusiam for your team is admirable but do you really think the Magpies would beat the Pats? The Pats already beat them before the Pats were clicking.  Barring a major injury problem (knock on wood), the Pats would steamroll them the next time.

I thought the team fielded by the Pats in week 1 would go 8-8 or 9-7. This team is much different. I just can't see them not winning the SB.  I felt the same in 2004 by week 10. They are playing like one of the very best teams I've ever seen in decades of watching, and in so many ways.  Even the bending D is making huge takeaways.

Their only weak link at this point of the season is the kicking game, and it is not majorly weak, but serviceable.

I write this as a guy that was doubtful of their chances against the Giants' pass rush in their SB loss because Brady had his ankle sprain and long ball was their game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

AFC
    #6 Jets vs. #3 SD  winner SD
    #5 Ravens vs. #4 Jags  winner Ravens

Chargers beat Pitt, NE beats Baltimore.

KC falters and SD wins out and owns the tie-breaker.  Indy can't stop the run and Jax locks up the division this weekend.  I'm not sure who gets the higher seed if both Jax and SD/KC finish 10-6.

NFC
    #6 Bucs vs. #3 Packers  winner GB

#5 Saints Vs. Rams     winner NO

Saints beat Philly, ATL beats GB.

TB, aka the Jets of the NFC, don't have a single quality win but edge out a much better NYG team because the Saints roll over for TB in the seasons final week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]JBOLT, your enthusiam for your team is admirable but do you really think the Magpies would beat the Pats? The Pats already beat them before the Pats were clicking.  Barring a major injury problem (knock on wood), the Pats would steamroll them the next time. I thought the team fielded by the Pats in week 1 would go 8-8 or 9-7. This team is much different. I just can't see them not winning the SB.  I felt the same in 2004 by week 10. They are playing like one of the very best teams I've ever seen in decades of watching, and in so many ways.  Even the bending D is making huge takeaways. Their only weak link at this point of the season is the kicking game, and it is not majorly weak, but serviceable. I write this as a guy that was doubtful of their chances against the Giants' pass rush in their SB loss because Brady had his ankle sprain and long ball was their game.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]
    Woody
    Your team stockpiled a total of 179 yards against SD, our defense can stop Brady. You say the Pats have improved, well so has SD. The matchups suit us fine in a rematch with more at stake. When the playoffs begin, the Chargers would do fine against a team that has not won a playoff game in 2 years & 11 months. The Jets and Bears are the 2 most overrated teams in football, surely you dont base your decisions on those games?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dear Dummy Bolt Fan,

That was when NE first got Branch and the offense was still settling in.  It's a different team now.

Your biggest mistake is look at stats from earlier in the year or last year. That's what scared fans from other teams do.

Jest fans kept babbling about Week 2's stats and then got slapped in the mouth, never to be seen again here, unless under a different moniker.

Meanwhile, your Chargers look the same every year. Play down to competition and are exposed by the better competition, especially in the playoffs.