PLAYOFF RECORDS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS

The entire team didn't play well, but it sounds like you're apologizing for Brady here. He didn't play well and he was a big reason they didn't win. The offense was built on Brady playing great, and he didn't play well at all against the jets. How many times in his career has Brady thrown such an awful interception? I don't think he ever throws a pass like that unless he's off. 

In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS : Actually, you can't pin the last two year's playoff losses on Brady as the Pats D in both games gave up 34 and 28 points respectively to offenses which barely average 20 points per game in the regular season.  Secondly, in those two loses the Pats offense played significantly worse than their regular season stats while facing defenses that were playing very well that day.  Combine two elements that go against patterns and you get these losses. Another viewpoint - in this year's conference games, both winning QBs, Ben and Aaron had awful games for all intents and purposes, yet, due to the play of their defenses, their team won in spite of it.  Yet each QB is being shown the love and how they are "big game" QBs!  If the Pats D had held their playoff opponents to the average points it gave up in the regular season, we'd see two Pats wins instead.  It is what it is in which the Pats D in both playoff games play about as awful as it could at the wrong time. 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The entire team didn't play well, but it sounds like you're apologizing for Brady here. He didn't play well and he was a big reason they didn't win. The offense was built on Brady playing great, and he didn't play well at all against the jets. How many times in his career has Brady thrown such an awful interception? I don't think he ever throws a pass like that unless he's off.  In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]
    No I am not...  many here are placing a lot of the blame on Brady for the Pats losing while at the same time the media is praising Ben and Rodgers for their teams winning.  That interception was in the FIRST series, not late in the game.  He had three passes on the money for TDs that were dropped and another for a late first down that was dropped.  His fault?  Everyone acknowledges how badly the D played in the Jets game and Brady actually had a better game than Ben and Rodgers when you compare their stats.  The BIG plays he executed failed at the receiver end, not his. Besides, did you see the blanket the Jets D had on Pats receivers?  Put Sanchez in that position and we would have seen him force the ball and a few picks would have resulted.  After that first Brady pick, we didn't see another pass come close to being picked off. As I noted, defense rescued the Steelers and Packers, while defense doomed the Pats.  Given how the Pats D played the second half of the season, would you have expected it to give up 28 points to Sanchez and the Jets?  Anyway..  I have never been a proponent that a single player is the reason a team wins or loses.  Brady made more throws to win that game than Ben and Rodgers made in their games.  The failure is the TEAM around him which failed to perform and execute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to PLAYOFF RECORDS:
    [QUOTE]Since coming into the League, Sanchez 4 & 2, Brady 0 & 2.
    Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Here's what you can do.....

Get some rings engraved with that and give them to the team

Have a flag made and hang it in the Meadowlands. Put it next to your 'we beat the Patriots in a playoff game' flag.

Have hats and shirts made

Do all of the above and I'm sure it will make up for not winning even the Conference Championship in 42 years.

CHUMP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS : Actually, you can't pin the last two year's playoff losses on Brady as the Pats D in both games gave up 34 and 28 points respectively to offenses which barely average 20 points per game in the regular season.  Secondly, in those two loses the Pats offense played significantly worse than their regular season stats while facing defenses that were playing very well that day.  Combine two elements that go against patterns and you get these losses.
    AGC - you know that with all of the Manning bashers on this board if I had made the comments above regarding Manning and some of his losses I would be laughed at.   

Another viewpoint - in this year's conference games, both winning QBs, Ben and Aaron had awful games for all intents and purposes, yet, due to the play of their defenses, their team won in spite of it.  Yet each QB is being shown the love and how they are "big game" QBs!  If the Pats D had held their playoff opponents to the average points it gave up in the regular season, we'd see two Pats wins instead.  It is what it is in which the Pats D in both playoff games play about as awful as it could at the wrong time. 
    And this is the same argument that I have made about Brady in some of his victories (and Manning). 

It seems to me that with Brady's recent lack of success, some pats fans are now realizing that QB's can have bad games yet win or good game yet lose, and conclude that all praise or blame cannot be placed on the QB. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Did you hear the interview with Jaworski (who watched the coaches film) that said Brady consistently missed open receivers and played 'fast'? Is he just wrong? I don't think anyone can argue Brady actually played a good game based on his performance in the regular season this year. 

Not everybody acknowledges how badly the D played. I think the consensus is that they held their own considering the O put them in bad positions with field position all game. The 50+ yarder to Cotchery was a killer though.

It was a team loss. The D didn't come up big when they needed to, the receivers didn't help Brady out, O'Brien didn't adjust well enough, and Brady played a bad game. I'm not laying the blame on Brady alone, but he didn't do enough or play well enough to lead the team. I think people have issues with assigning blame to Brady, and that shouldn't be the case. He's the leader of the team. And this year the team was particularly reliant upon him to play well, and he didn't have a good game against the jets. 

I think the patriots are too reliant on Brady winning games for them. Like you mentioned, Rogers and Big Ben both won while playing stinkers. the patriots need to build a team and find a way to win when Brady is not going on all cylinders next year. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS : No I am not...  many here are placing a lot of the blame on Brady for the Pats losing while at the same time the media is praising Ben and Rodgers for their teams winning.  That interception was in the FIRST series, not late in the game.  He had three passes on the money for TDs that were dropped and another for a late first down that was dropped.  His fault?  Everyone acknowledges how badly the D played in the Jets game and Brady actually had a better game than Ben and Rodgers when you compare their stats.  The BIG plays he executed failed at the receiver end, not his. Besides, did you see the blanket the Jets D had on Pats receivers?  Put Sanchez in that position and we would have seen him force the ball and a few picks would have resulted.  After that first Brady pick, we didn't see another pass come close to being picked off. As I noted, defense rescued the Steelers and Packers, while defense doomed the Pats.  Given how the Pats D played the second half of the season, would you have expected it to give up 28 points to Sanchez and the Jets?  Anyway..  I have never been a proponent that a single player is the reason a team wins or loses.  Brady made more throws to win that game than Ben and Rodgers made in their games.  The failure is the TEAM around him which failed to perform and execute.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Good golly! Will you stop playing GM already!!! 

Just kidding...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS :
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think it goes without saying that Brady's play has a bearing on 'the offense playing worse' and the Jets D playing well. If Brady and the O execute well on the first two drives then the Jets D wouldn't be playing so well. 

The gameplan was as much to blame. Why suddenly feature Crumpler over Gronk & hernandez? A lot of things just don't make sense from that game.  

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLAYOFF RECORDS :
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts