Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1?

I'm sick of hearing hypocrites spout off on national TV and not owning any of it.

The Pats missed the playoffs at 11-5...there was no outrage. No Sportscenter headlines about changing the playoff scheme...nothing. Just, "well, that's part of the game." So this season, oh no, big bad mighty NO shouldn't be disrespected by having to travel to 7-9 Seattle. Changes must be made!!! Well, NO proved that you don't take anything for granted. And as for reseading, the Jets and Ravens also went on the road, and won. Add GB to that. Seattle, the supposed undeserving home team, was the ONLY home team to win this weekend. Enough about the reseeding.

Also, NO loses that game, a game they decide to go for it on 4th and 1 from their OWN 39, and fail...and no mention anywhere? Some mention, but not the ridicule Belichick faced. Sure, Seattle ended up punting, but that field position killed them in the end.

Yes, part of this is me being a shameless homer. But a large part of it is also my longing for some shred of journalistic integrity anywhere. ESPN markets themselves as being unbiased and are anything but. I hate ESPN. And BB got it right in 03/04 when he simply said to tom jackson "F you."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1?

ESPN isn't the best place to be looking for journalism of any kind . . .   least of all journalism with "integrity."

Didn't a 12-4 Colts team get bounced by 8-8 San Dago a couple years ago?

Was that outrageous, too?

Or were people down with that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1?:
    [QUOTE] Well, NO proved that you don't take anything for granted.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

yeppers, that's the big takeaway. Seems like lots of Pats fans here think there's zero chance of jets beating us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1?:
    [QUOTE]ESPN isn't the best place to be looking for journalism of any kind . . .   least of all journalism with "integrity."
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Very true.

I guess this is kind of a "manning effect" for me. THe whole world worships this steaming pile of c r a p for being something that they are not, and it irks me. I SHOULD take the high road, but I'm ascared of heights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1? : yeppers, that's the big takeaway. Seems like lots of Pats fans here think there's zero chance of jets beating us.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Luckily, I know the coach doesn't let it happen. He will be telling the team how Sanchez is the next Elway, Tomlinson is back to LT circa 2002, the Defense would make the steel curtain look like a sheet of lace, and Rex Ryan makes him look like a first grader. SOme fans may lose focus, but this team will not.

Very valid point though, many people are already writing off the Jets.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN isn't the best place to be looking for journalism of any kind . . .   least of all journalism with "integrity." Didn't a 12-4 Colts team get bounced by 8-8 San Dago a couple years ago? Was that outrageous, too? Or were people down with that?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I, for one was "down with that."  LOL :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoff reseeding? 4th and 1? : yeppers, that's the big takeaway. Seems like lots of Pats fans here think there's zero chance of jets beating us.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

There is a zero chance of the Jets beating a Pats team that executes and does not turn the ball over. There is a good chance of the Jets winning if the Pats do not execute and do turn the ball over.