Playoff Tickets Paid Up Today....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Playoff Tickets Paid Up Today....

Just a price difference from 1978..... Just paid $217 for each game this year...those were the days when playoff tickets were $15 each.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Playoff Tickets Paid Up Today....

let me know if you are looking for a guest to take!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

let me know if you are looking for a guest to take!!

you never know...I live in tennessee and my buddy told me yesterday he doesnt want to go because he has some personal stuff going on. Not getting anyones hopes up yet..... but you never know...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahahaha, that would be awesome but I live on the west coast, I don't see that happening for me!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'll start the bidding with $200. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want an authentic Patriots playoff hat from the stadium!!  I will send money order!!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

I want an authentic Patriots playoff hat from the stadium!!  I will send money order!!  :)

If I go its a deal...... for all those great pics!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just curious Seastixholdersince1971, I would love to hear the answers to these questions, if you don't mind.  There always seems to be some really cool stories concerning season tickets and since you have been a season ticket holder for 40+ years it would be very interesting to have these questions answered or even any cool stories you have about them.  

Here goes... How many Patriots games do you go to a year?  You have had season tickets for 40+ years, how did you get them (I am guessing they were handed down from family member?) what will you do with them when you don't want to purchase the season tickets anymore?  How many season tickets do you have and what do you do with them if you can't use them?  Give to family/friends?  Sale on ebay or other site? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Just curious Seastixholdersince1971, I would love to hear the answers to these questions, if you don't mind.  There always seems to be some really cool stories concerning season tickets and since you have been a season ticket holder for 40+ years it would be very interesting to have these questions answered or even any cool stories you have about them.  

Here goes... How many Patriots games do you go to a year?  You have had season tickets for 40+ years, how did you get them (I am guessing they were handed down from family member?) what will you do with them when you don't want to purchase the season tickets anymore?  How many season tickets do you have and what do you do with them if you can't use them?  Give to family/friends?  Sale on ebay or other site? 

It all started when DAD had season tickets to the Jets and in the early 70s they played the Patriots in Shea. When the Pats moved to Foxboro Dad picked up 4 season tickets... Believe it they only cost $8 each for metal benches. We were memebers of the "Early Bird Club" at Foxboro Raceway. We would drive from New York every Sunday. During the years we had Jon Smith sit in the seat right next to us....Grogran, Patrick Sullivan, Hannah sit 2 /3 rows in front of us...  

Nice story..... after a game we headed home and stopped in a restaurant on Route one ( Red Snapper )... I was only about 14 (n1976) . I had won a football in the clubhouse. We walked in and noticed a bunch of Patriot players at a table. I took my football to the table and this is who signed it.Daryl Stingley, Bob Howard,Julius Adams,Don Calhoun,Rod Shoate, Prentice Mcray,Marlin Briscoe, and Sam Hunt#50..I remember to this day going over to the table and bringing it to school the next day. Thats about it..  The ball sits in a display case hard as a rock.

Had the opportunity to be at the Snow Plow game....What was cool is Jon Smith sat right next to us and the stories he told about the game. 

A game against the Baltimore Colts( i need to research this ) on a Monday night it was poring raining. We decided to leave early in the 4th quarter. We got stuck in the traffic in the lot. We scored and kicked off to Joe Washington. He ran it back for a TD. You would here all of the people just booing ect.Very next kick off we ran it back for a TD. Horns all blasting away.. Then we kicked off and  they ran it back again.... The ups and down of the Patriots.......

In the early 80s Dad dropped 2 tickets because all of the kids went to college and the service. ( bad mistake). To this day we have 2 tickets.

When the razor opened we had our seats transfer to the new stadium. They kept us in the same section around the 50 in section 110.

January 2011 Playoff game dad passed. That day while sitting in the car before the game with my best firend he signed the "Pass It Down"form for the tickets to be in my name. For weeks we were arguing about it and he didnt want to sign them over but he did. The Patriots were great and I had no problem getting them in my name. Kept the same seats and my dads name is still on the seats to this day. I will continue to buy them each year. Its really an investment now that they are so much in demand.

I go to every opening game. I sell the other tickets to my best friend that lives in Mass. I have never put the tickets on Ebay or Stub Hub beacuse I am worried if someone gets kicked out with my ticket i will lose my season tickets. I am always looking for responsible people to use the tickets. I had to eat the preseason tickets for one game this year. Nobody wanted to go but I just couldnt sell it on Ebay.

In the future I have it set up so that my son is entilted to the tickets with money set aside to pay for them.

I have so much memorbilla, ticket stubs and programs for the 70s to current. Lucky that Dad was a "Pats hoarder"The best piece in my collection is his personalized New York license plate from his Caddy..

"Pats Fan"

I appreciate your interest. 

Have you been to any games and how did you become a Pats fan out west.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Man, fantastic stories Seastixholdersince1971, thanks so much for sharing.  I am always interested in how people get their season tickets and the stories behind them.  So cool to hear!  I remember you posting last year about your Father passing and that he signed the tickets over to you.  I know that was a tough time.  Hope it's behind you and you can just cherish all the good memories with him and the games, as there probably are a ton of them.

As far as being a Patriots fan... My Father was a big Cleveland fan, he liked the Indians for baseball and the Browns for football.  Even though I played a lot of baseball I never really cared to watch it on tv but for football we would watch the games together every Sunday.  I would even watch his Browns play.  I was an Oilers fan for the longest time but after my favorite players left I was really without a team.  My Father being a Browns fan liked Bill Belichick, he couldn't stand Schottenheimer, and so I paid a lot of attention to the Browns since my Dad liked them and I didn't really have a favorite team at the time.  My Dad raved about Belichick and he really thought the Browns were headed in the right direction with him as their coach.  We watched some tough seasons under Bill but then they started to play well.  And then the dreaded day, the day my Father lost interest in football.. The Cleveland Browns left Cleveland.  This crushed my Dad!  He thought for sure the Browns would win a SuperBowl under Belichick.  When this happened he turned his attention more to baseball since the Browns were gone.  When BB got the head coaching job for the Patriots my Dad kind of got back into football and started watching the Patriots.  From that day that Belichick became the Pats head coach I was a Patriots fan.

I have been to a few games locally when the Pats played the Raiders and 49'ers. I have never seen Brady play live. Both my kids are Patriot fans too, hopefully someday soon me and my kids will be able to watch Brady live.  Not looking good though, not sure if the Pats make it back this way next year. Hopefully they do before Brady retires.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

Great stories! Thanks for sharing. Bought my playoff tickets within hours of the email. My second best memory was a game against the Bills in Foxboro with my brother. It was the end of the 4th QTR, the Pats were done a few points and with no time on the clock and the Bills committed a Pass Interference call on a Ben Coates in the end zone on a Drew Bledsoe Hail Mary Pass.

So the Patriots get the ball on the one yard line, no time on the clock needing a touchdown to win the game. My brother couldn't look and sat down and looked down. I made him get up and told him to "Take it like a man!" Sure enough, Bledsoe hooks up with Ben Coates for the touchdown. The Bills were so mad, the left the field for the extra point. With no opposing players on the field, Adam Vinatieri just walked it in for two.

Of course, my best memory is last year's AFC Championship when Cundiff, "Cundiffed" the tying field goal. J

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to lioneljoe's comment:

Great stories! Thanks for sharing. Bought my playoff tickets within hours of the email. My second best memory was a game against the Bills in Foxboro with my brother. It was the end of the 4th QTR, the Pats were done a few points and with no time on the clock and the Bills committed a Pass Interference call on a Ben Coates in the end zone on a Drew Bledsoe Hail Mary Pass.

So the Patriots get the ball on the one yard line, no time on the clock needing a touchdown to win the game. My brother couldn't look and sat down and looked down. I made him get up and told him to "Take it like a man!" Sure enough, Bledsoe hooks up with Ben Coates for the touchdown. The Bills were so mad, the left the field for the extra point. With no opposing players on the field, Adam Vinatieri just walked it in for two.

Of course, my best memory is last year's AFC Championship when Cundiff, "Cundiffed" the tying field goal. J

It's funny...I see a decent # of people online who forget that it was a game-TYING FG, not a game-WINNING FG. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Haha, classic story! That's awesome!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Haha, classic story! That's awesome!

Oh ya... So many endings over the years..... Stationed in Jacksonville Fl we walked into a bar and there stands the Quarterback from Cleveland Brian Sipe... I know you remember him...This was in the mid 80s.... I love hearo=ing stories from other Pats fans. It gets me start thinking about more games and stories. Good stuff guys...

Fluties Drop kick was pretty awesome...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:

Oh ya... So many endings over the years..... Stationed in Jacksonville Fl we walked into a bar and there stands the Quarterback from Cleveland Brian Sipe... I know you remember him...

The Kardiak Kids, lol!  I remember well, they beat out my Oilers in 1980.

Sections
Shortcuts