Please BB, do not defer this Sunday!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Please BB, do not defer this Sunday!

I would really like to see the Patriots take the ball first with a chance to land the first blow with a score.  I really think by doing so in such a big game at home would be an excellent start to the game.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Please BB, do not defer this Sunday!

He has to win the toss first.  But I am pretty certain he'll defer if he wins.  The Jets offense has been lethargic the last two weeks.  Pats defense is mediocre right now but even Hoodie knows that his defense has a legit shot of stopping them on their first drive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  the Pats best chance to win is always to jump out to a big early lead and then play that exasperating "Break But Don't Shatter" defense that some people around here love so much.

Personally, I'm always a fan of sending the defense out first to see what your opponent has. The problem with that, as far as New England is concerned, is that offenses of every stripe and ability have gone through its defense like that proverbial hot knife.

In this instance, I tend to agree with you, BMF, I say put the pedal to the metal and hang on around the curves. I just don't see The Sanchise keeping up with Brady & Co., with his current edition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

If, and its a big if, Haynesworth plays they need to defer.  It's suppose to be like 85 here on Sunday so they most likely won't get more then 15 to 20 mins of Big Al out in the heat before he gets exhausted (he gets exhausted just sitting).  Better get him out there early.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

DEFER DEFER!

Put pressure on the Jets offense, as they look like hammered dog $hit. We get a big stop and get the ball back to begin 2nd half......although it would really hurt to watch the Jets go on a 80 yard td drive to start the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I don't see how it matters either way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Historically, we've been a better offensive team in the 1st half. for whatever reason, the last few years+, we've struggled putting up points in the 2nd half as compared to the first. That is a topic for another day as to the why.

that said, I would look to score as much as possible in the 1st half, and not to defer to the Jets. I want us up early in this one.

If that doesn't happen, I hope BB continues the pounding Sancheeze took last week and blitzes the heck out of him. If mangold doesn't play withthe current state of their OL and Sancheeze still probably pissing his pants from last week, I say lets continue the nightmare if at all possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Good arguments both ways, but I prefer to defer.

I think that the best case senario is to score on the last play of the first half then receive the KO after halftime.  That really kills the other team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I prefer to take the ball in the 2nd half 100% of the time.  Look at it like this, it would be even more deflating for the Jets if the Pats D shuts them out of their first possession than if the Pats take the ball and get 7 right out of the gate.  Plus, if you can string together a scoring drive right before the end of the half and then get the ball right back, that's even better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Please remember BB's philosophy why he always defers. It has nothing to do with putting O or D on the field first. BB always defers because he does not want the opp to have the opportunity to have the ball last at the end of the first half, and then again to open the 2nd half. Giving the opps two consecutive possesions (especially if they score both times) can really turn a game around! I agree with him and say always DEFER!

Sections
Shortcuts