Please don't draft ......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Looking at names being mentioned by some That they hope are drafted in May by the pats that have already had Medical issues.   I like some of the names, but have not forgotten pats drafted some and never getting production because they are always hurt .  As hard as it is to translate college production to the pros why increase the probability of failure.

that said, rounds 4 5 6 7 can be used for those types and you don't lose a lot if they don't cut it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Please don't draft ......

Dominique Easly, DT from Florida is #1 on my "Do not Draft" list.  Great talent, but 2 reconstructed knees.  No thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ras I sais Hi!!   Oh and Terence Wheatley too. 2nd rounders closer to the 1st who did absolutely Nothing and had prior injury historys in college. I concur with your assesment.

Im gonna give the Gronk a Pass. He wouldnt have been hurt so much if he wasnt overused in the passing game due to lack of traditional outside weapons who usually go downfield and make plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

A DB, or a WR

As much as the rookie WRs struggled last year, I dont want to see MORE rookies who have to learn and are gonna drop balls. I cant believe how many fans advocating for drafting Another WR high. Dobson has to be the guy or someone esle but please, no more resources wasted in the draft on WR. We have needs at TE, C, G, DT, DE,RB etc

As far as DB, we have used picks in 2nd, 3rd rounds on a S in back to back years and are finally stacked at CB so how about we use These picks on NEEDED players to get over the hump....O and D lines, TE, RB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol posted this on the draft forum but players I don't want to see on day 1 or 2:

Any QB or CB, Morgan Moses, Terrence Brooks, C.J. Mosley, Anthony Johnson, Will Sutton, Cyrus Kouandijo, anyone with a day 3 grade, trading into next year 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If they don't take some risk, they don't land Gronk... they also have a few obvious misses, but again, some players could be worth the risk.  For example, some don't want Dominique Easley, but when he's healthy, he's prob a Top 15 pick... if he's there at the end of Rd 2, you have to think long and hard about passing on him there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I am not a draft guru, but I don't get the love for Easley honestly.  To me he's just like Sharrif Floyd.  A guy at UF who is an undersized DT that never put up great sack numbers.  Floyd didn't do much to impress his rookie year (although obviously that could change).  I get that Geno Atkins is a great example of a recent guy that went late because of his size and is now a beast, but Atkins actually got after the QB in college.  You can't say that about a lot of these Florida guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Easley is a real talent...if you've seen film on this guy you'd see someone who is so quick he demands double team blocks...his hands and arms are incredibly strong...even with the knee surgeries he hasn't lost his quickness and speed..this guy lives in the backfield...I've watched film on guys for years and this kid will bring pressure up the middle and has an endless running motor...not an ounce of fat on the guy...he's just a football player...I'd take a flyer on him in the 2nd half of the 2nd round or early in round 3...he's got a much better future than just about 90% of the guys who'll be drafted ahead of him...he's worth the risk...OT Richardson of Tenn., someone BB was looking at and spoke highly of, , a behemoth who'll go in the first 3 rounds, probably rd. 2, was eaten alive by Easly...Richardson could not handle him one on one...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Taking injured players are not completely bad.

What makes it bad is taking players with injury risk so early in the draft. Picking Ras at the top of the second round is a great example of that. Applying some sort of discount for injury risk is a logical approach. The Pats landed Gronk that way. 

I am thinking, a tdiscount of roughly two rounds for every critical injury risk is reasonable, depending on severity of the injury, and what history ahs told us about chances of full recovery. In the case of Easley, given two blown knees, you probably will want to stay away until after the fourth round. Marcus Lattimore is an example of one injury that was so catastrophic that discounts don't apply.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

......Anyone Mr. Lombardi says not to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not a draft guru, but I don't get the love for Easley honestly.  To me he's just like Sharrif Floyd.  A guy at UF who is an undersized DT that never put up great sack numbers.  Floyd didn't do much to impress his rookie year (although obviously that could change).  I get that Geno Atkins is a great example of a recent guy that went late because of his size and is now a beast, but Atkins actually got after the QB in college.  You can't say that about a lot of these Florida guys.

[/QUOTE]

Try watching his videos on draftbreakdown.com. I recommend counting the % of times he is able to penetrate to the backfield (even if he is not able to get to the QB). when he played, he played on most of FLA's defensive snaps. And in this kid's case, what you see on snaps shown on draftbreakdown is pretty representative of how he is (energy and effectiveness) in the rest of the snaps. He was consistent.

The question mark for me is whether he can be that effective against the bigger OL in the NFL, and after blowing out both knees. In terms of how he performed in college, there are not question marks for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Any wide receiver in the first two rounds!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that... even first three.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~The 317th rated Prospect with the 68th overall selection.  Or-  The 157th rated Prospect with the 28th overall selection.  Superstar Combine Results based upon 1-2 Drills (unless balanced production in all drills) over and above GameDay film Breakdown of talent ON the FIELD of Play & 3-4 years of college production & Senior Bowl/East West/ 1 on 1 talent levels against other prospects.  

Please Draft for NEEDS then Value.  No "NEED" Position worthwhile and/or charted to be up to your scouting ranking...then:  Please consider trading slightly up vs. slightly down.  IF you are trading down, consider NEXT YEAR much higher selection trade, as opposed to a cr#ppy player that will not be on the team for 2 years.  Please consider that 10,000 NFL Scouts/Analysts/NFL Insiders/Former NFL Guys/Sports Gurus- THAT these 10,000 overall "consensuses ALL combined, WILL yield a better overall yield of player than: What you liked about some guy when you went to Rutgers/University of Central Florida/Ct State University...In order to scout some other guy.  < These are people whom you do not spend a selection on...these ARE people whom you sign AFTER the Draft as UDFA.

Please consider your 2010 "Archetypal" Gem IF you neccesitate an overall "form":

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/nwe/year/2010

You should go either:

skillset D <DLINE OR CB...we need DL> OR topmost guy at another position of need whose position garners you the top 1-2 prospect gain <GUARD OR CENTER OR RUNNINGBACK OR TIGHTEND...we need RB or OC/OG>.  OR TRADE- down  OR UP- BE  EQUALLY versatile.

In Rds 2-3- Attack top rated/skilled prospects who have slipped down the boards.

In Rds 4-5- Attack Topmost positions whose ranks have not been selected <i.e. you want the #2 Rated OC vs the #14th Rated DL or CB>. 

In Rds 5, 6, and 7-  DRAFT SIZE...cannot teach SIZE and SPEED.  DRAFT the 6'7 330lb DL or the 6'5 305lb OT from a name program... <  THESE ARE good coachable gems to attempt to harvest and cultivate.

In Rds 6 and 7-  Draft a QB prospect...maybe you'll get lucky/trade bait/something to use/cash in on big...sometime in the future.

~~~

What does NE have?

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th (comp), 6th, 6th, 7th.

IF NE traded 8 spots up for (DT/NT/DE) Ra'Shede Hageman in Rd 1

and IF NE traded up for RB Jeremy Hill (unless signing RB Michael Bush) in Rd 2

We could still acquire an OC in the 4th (comp) <or a "move TE">

And a MLB/ST'er Bruschi style guy- Chris Borland in the 6th

And a QB/OL/DL to harvest and develop in the 7th.

...I'd be psyched with THAT haul.

5 Guys that this team needs and can send them over the top imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Easley is a real talent...if you've seen film on this guy you'd see someone who is so quick he demands double team blocks...his hands and arms are incredibly strong...even with the knee surgeries he hasn't lost his quickness and speed..this guy lives in the backfield...I've watched film on guys for years and this kid will bring pressure up the middle and has an endless running motor...not an ounce of fat on the guy...he's just a football player...I'd take a flyer on him in the 2nd half of the 2nd round or early in round 3...he's got a much better future than just about 90% of the guys who'll be drafted ahead of him...he's worth the risk...OT Richardson of Tenn., someone BB was looking at and spoke highly of, , a behemoth who'll go in the first 3 rounds, probably rd. 2, was eaten alive by Easly...Richardson could not handle him one on one...

[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check him out. 

And I want to say it was you who suggested checking out draftbreakdown.com...absolutely love that site.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Lookin' at Dominique Easley.  He's the real-deal.  Very hard to grade because that UFla Defense is a buncha REALLY hard chargers.  He gets alot of help.  It's good, because he misses A-lot of tackles...  But make no mistake, Easley is the real-deal.  His gap-shooting and penetration capabilities are exceptional.  Just as intriguing to me are Easley's slight D-Line adjustments and shifting prior to the snap.  He reads excellent play-direction/overall disrupting probabilities as a DLineman...check that out- prior to the snap Easley adjusts and shifts and he IS an over the top talent at judging presnap flow play design/play direction vs. disruptive impact generalized KILLER within this skillset.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

Easley looked really good vs Tennessee who supposedly had one of the best O Lines according to BB.

Where do you take a punt on him? 29 too early? 2nd round too late? Move up in 2nd?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Bradley Roby. over rated. not consistent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check him out. 

And I want to say it was you who suggested checking out draftbreakdown.com...absolutely love that site.

[/QUOTE]

Great site...finally have a tool to make sense of these reports we are deluged with!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to kezzamuzza's comment:

Easley looked really good vs Tennessee who supposedly had one of the best O Lines according to BB.

Where do you take a punt on him? 29 too early? 2nd round too late? Move up in 2nd?

IF...the Pats trade down, I'd take a shot with that 1st second round pick

It's not just this guys quickness...it's the use of his hands...he's so darned strong, such quick hands and strong hands and arms...he must be a real beast to play against...he's one of the strongest guys his size I've ever seen...always fast moving , swacking you with those arms, pushing and pulling at you...awful guy to try and block...if you put someone on him that is quick enough to keep up with him, unless he's pocket hercules the guy is dead meat, he'll get manhandled and tossed aside...if he's a load like Richardson of Tenn., the guy will simply scoot all around you...you can tell I like the guy, he's something else...if not for his knees, Mbeul. is right, he'd be a top ten pick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they don't take some risk, they don't land Gronk... they also have a few obvious misses, but again, some players could be worth the risk.  For example, some don't want Dominique Easley, but when he's healthy, he's prob a Top 15 pick... if he's there at the end of Rd 2, you have to think long and hard about passing on him there.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with Easley. I think his draft stock will slip a bit and wouldn't be surprised to see him go in round 3. If so, that's an easy pick. 

Question...could easley play end on a 4 man line as well? Or is he strictly an inside type player?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say first three but then I thought if someone with a first round grade fell to the third...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'd move up 6-8 spots to take Ra'Shede Hageman...  His balance vs. size & reserved passion vs. actuated strengths scare me in terms of Hageman's untapped potential.  Similarly...I would take Easley in a heartbeat with the 29th Selection. Meely's is a good 'vindicator' of Easley:

"he must be a real beast to play against...he's one of the strongest guys his size I've ever seen...always fast moving , swacking you with those arms, pushing and pulling at you...awful guy to try and block...if you put someone on him that is quick enough to keep up with him, unless he's pocket hercules the guy is dead meat, he'll get manhandled and tossed aside."

Easley at Tenn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMhd__Dkoh0

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5Z8bw8YSc

Hageman at Wisconsin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOLn0cB3D4

Hageman Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCsD1fs7CMY

~Bad Easley Highlights...Bad Hageman 1 Game judge.

Tough...tough difference between surrounding personell -Hageman constantly dbld on Minn...Easley on exceptional UFla D team. 

I like both guys personally.  Hageman for his potential-  He screams Richard Seymour.  Easley to me screams a young Vince Wilfork.  You be the judge at which 1 NE needs.  I love 'em both and can-NOT find too many flaws with either 1.  I say Hageman is the bigger ^ for potential and scheme NT/3-4DE/4-3DT/DE...crazy.  Easley is refined with his ceiling there...but he's nasty, nasty.  I really like 'em both and haven't seen 2 comparibles this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with Easley. I think his draft stock will slip a bit and wouldn't be surprised to see him go in round 3. If so, that's an easy pick. 

Question...could easley play end on a 4 man line as well? Or is he strictly an inside type player?

[/QUOTE]

Someone who is only 6-2 has real trouble trying the swim move on big OT's, 6-4 and over...leaves them pretty much only inside speed moves and outside power rushes...a good OT will just lock out their elbows and control a 288 pound guy pretty easily no matter how fast they are if they manage to get their hands on them

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was going to say first three but then I thought if someone with a first round grade fell to the third...

[/QUOTE]

I watched a bunch of his stuff tonight and I'd have to say he wouldn't be good on the end, he just doesn't have that length/bend to get around that edge. But playing inside? Totally different deal...although a small guy, he is strong and explosive. He moves very well inside and surprisingly holds his own against much bigger guys...he needs to be doubled on passing downs. Although I don't think he gets pushed back against big linemen, I do think he sometimes gets engulfed...almost swallowed up...tackled, because he's so small. Too me, the way this guy is built, he almost looks like a linebacker...never really seen someone like that playing defensive tackle. The only thing I can compare it to is when Belichick put Cunningham at defensive tackle on passing downs, except Easley is light years ahead of what Cunningham brought to the table.

Sections
Shortcuts