Please don't feed the trolls.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Please don't feed the trolls.

Arguing with loser fans from other teams, who's sole purpose is to antagonize, speaks more to your stupidity than theirs.  

Hit them with a one liner, move on...  

There's no excuse for feeding trolls, it only encourages them.  

The enjoyment will be at the end of this season when you should respond, knowing full well that while not responding to it, they'll definitely be reading it and it will eat away at their very souls.

Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Please don't feed the trolls.

In response to russgriswold's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The solution is you not engaging them, its pretty apparent by now the mods can't, or will not do anything.  

If you're not part of the solution than you're part of the problem.  Give them a good one liner and move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think I am as big a Pats fan on this board as anyone. I dont always agree with every decision the team makes, and I havent agreed with how they dealt with the AH nightmare publically, but realize there are legal issues involved, and of course I do not know the entire story. But I am at most every home game, attend camp and preseason home games, and enjoy posting (mostly good) about the players...not every player comment is going to be sugar coated over the top, but I say it like I see it.

Usually I have the time to join the board 3-4 days per week. yet every day, I am called "troll"??

Is a person a troll for not seeing the Pats as the end all be all? is a person a troll for not agreeing with every move they make, every player is the best player and every coach/gm is the best in history?

I have never logged in under a different name. I have never used foul language. I have never rooted against the PAts or for another team. Yet every day  I am accused of trolling.  

I think most on this board need a better understandin of what a troll is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

By responding to the troll - you're enabling the troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mods:

Please step in and stop the stalking and spamming.  It is very clear who uses duplicate names, signing in and out and who is also here to bash Bill Belichick, the very reason why we have what we have as fans.

Your behavior in here enabling the trollwork has ruined our board.

RWTK, RWTKII, Bunker Spreckles, CliffordWasHere, Bassfishing, BassfishingII...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Now that is a fact.  Seems like he's created other names too...and argues with himself to make him look like a victim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

Mods:

Please step in and stop the stalking and spamming.  It is very clear who uses duplicate names, signing in and out and who is also here to bash Bill Belichick, the very reason why we have what we have as fans.

Your behavior in here enabling the trollwork has ruined our board.

[/QUOTE]

Succinctly put!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Anyone else been here iong enough to know that trolls are simply part of the ethos of this board?  It sux, but deal with it.  BDC has never, will never, ban an IP address.  That would be the only solution to the problem...anything else is a band-aid.  But since that won't happen, it's on us to simply ignore the idiots out there, trolls or not.

The people whining about the trolls state that "feeding the trolls" is just as bad as being one?  Really?  How about whining about the trolls?  That's even uglier.

Stop whining about 12 year olds with grammar issues, and stop creating threads that encourage trolls. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Let's see now, we've complaints about:

1) trolls

2) those who encourage the trolls by responding to them

3) being labeled as a troll

3) the mods for not doing anything about the trolls

4) troll allegations leveled against posters by handle

and finally,

5) condemnation of those who complain about the trolls and those who initiate threads about those who respond to the trolls and thereby encourage them to troll

I'm thinking of initiating a new thread titled:

Complainers and the Trolls Who Love Them or perhaps Trolls and The Complainers Who Whine About Them

Whadya think? Any legs to that or will I be condemned as a troll apologist/whiner, mod suck-up, d00shbag, koolaid drinking, idiot homer??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think I am as big a Pats fan on this board as anyone. I dont always agree with every decision the team makes, and I havent agreed with how they dealt with the AH nightmare publically, but realize there are legal issues involved, and of course I do not know the entire story. But I am at most every home game, attend camp and preseason home games, and enjoy posting (mostly good) about the players...not every player comment is going to be sugar coated over the top, but I say it like I see it.

Usually I have the time to join the board 3-4 days per week. yet every day, I am called "troll"??

Is a person a troll for not seeing the Pats as the end all be all? is a person a troll for not agreeing with every move they make, every player is the best player and every coach/gm is the best in history?

I have never logged in under a different name. I have never used foul language. I have never rooted against the PAts or for another team. Yet every day  I am accused of trolling.  

rkarp, no offense meant - but every time you reply to those kinds of posts, you're simply enabling that person. It's not complicated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And now an allegation of enabling - my day is filling up fast.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

1) trolls

and finally,

5) condemnation of those who complain about the trolls and those who initiate threads about those who respond to the trolls and thereby encourage them to troll

Complainers and the Trolls Who Love Them or perhaps Trolls and The Complainers Who Whine About Them

Whadya think? Any legs to that or will I be condemned as a troll apologist/whiner, mod suck-up, d00shbag, koolaid drinking, idiot homer??

I think I saw that episode on the Jerry Springer show.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1) trolls

and finally,

Troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp, no offense meant - but every time you reply to those kinds of posts, you're simply enabling that person. It's not complicated.

[/QUOTE]

I know Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

1) trolls

and finally,

Troll.

Enabler. (And I laughed out loud)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I've never seen the ignore trolls option work. They simply see it as a blank check to spam their idiocy without hindrance. It is more effective to humiliate them by pointing out their stupidity; and much more fun.

I'm with wozzy on the one liner type of thing. Less is more, especially the more outrageous the claim by the troll.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This whole thread is laugh out loud funny.

Right from the very first post and thread start all the way down.

Don't feed the trolls, oh no wait feed them with a one liner so they will feel compelled to continue, and more importantly so the thread will keep getting bumped to the top of the list instead of quickly sliding into the abyss of page 2,  just make it quick though and it is OK.

Unbelievable, but funny as he||. :)

I guess it was my duty to continue the enabling too, Ha!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Don't feed the trolls, oh no wait feed them with a one liner so they will feel compelled to continue, and more importantly so the thread will keep getting bumped to the top of the list instead of quickly sliding into the abyss of page 2,  just make it quick though and it is OK.

Better to let them spam unopposed? That is troll heaven.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

think about it. What does the "troll" want? Attention. So, those who respond in any fashion (negative or positive) enables the unwanted behavior.

You, enabler, you.....lol Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Better to let them spam unopposed? That is troll heaven.

[/QUOTE]

Spam what? You either never had multiple kids or never dealt with them. You just like being an instigator and button pusher and I frankly have no problem with it Babe. It makes you happy so have at it.

It is very quick and easy to see who those types are and see if what they wrote is meaningful or just the usual button push. Doesn't bother me either way.

...but back to dealing with children. If you have two kids and one is always instigating and button pushing the other and the one that is being worked over is always whining to you, you might tell the first to stop aggrevating their brother or sister. However, eventually you will get tired of it and yell at the complainer and say hey ignore it, they are only doing it because it is working and getting you to respond or complain. If they see it is not bothering you they will get bored and stop. That's a fact.

So as I said, ignoring works perfectly well, it is simply that it would remove a joy from your life. So for you I say continue getting into your lil battles. I am all for everyone doing what they love. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Okay it sounds like we need a Troll expert...

1. Does anyone have a degree or expertise in identifying a Troll or Troll Infestation?

2. Does said person have a treatment/remedy/cure for number1?

3. Are there classes/seminars available to help us novices identify trolls and are they costly?

4. Does the above make me a troll???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bumped

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

think about it. What does the "troll" want? Attention. So, those who respond in any fashion (negative or positive) enables the unwanted behavior.

You, enabler, you.....lol Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I don't think trolls want attention. That is a fallacy. They want to torment. They love crapping on the other guy's parade. As long as they can say "You guys suck", they are pretty content. The less hindered in that pursuit, the better they like it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Does said person have a treatment/remedy/cure

The best cure; banning by IP and making accounts be tied to an ISP e-mail.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Arguing with loser fans from other teams, who's sole purpose is to antagonize, speaks more to your stupidity than theirs.  

Hit them with a one liner, move on...  

There's no excuse for feeding trolls, it only encourages them.  

The enjoyment will be at the end of this season when you should respond, knowing full well that while not responding to it, they'll definitely be reading it and it will eat away at their very souls.

Go Pats!

"Ode to a Troll"

You come here to pretend that you are our friend, 

You beg us to believe that you're not here to ever offend.

But in the end, its you who does not bend,

Your unsettling opinions are designed to pit us one against the other,

As you masquerade as our sympathetic, understanding, and oh so concerned brother.

In time, you are found out and  become hated and despised,

Then appear to be shocked and surprised of these accusations that we summise,

That you are in fact a TROLL, simply a lonely AZZ Hole,

Who has nothing but BDC to bring some excitement into your pathetic, worthless life....

RC

Sections
Shortcuts