Please edit Extra Points more carefully!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from doticus. Show doticus's posts

Please edit Extra Points more carefully!

I have always enjoyed the 'Extra Points' blog, but I enjoyed it much more when it was Reiss' Pieces.  Other than the catchier name, the level of proofreading and editing was at a much high level in those days.  As of late, it's been pretty shoddy, particularly for a website that hires journalists.

Today's favorite (from 'Brady: 'I've been very lucky''):

'What's refreshing, though, is that Brady sees the forrest, rather than the trees.'

There are enough ornery fans of New England teams who can serve as a make-shift grammar police force, undoubtedly.  But I'm sure that I am not the only one who would appreciate a bit more care put into these postings.

Also, 'gonna' is not a word.  Please stop using it like it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Please edit Extra Points more carefully!

It's not "gonna" happen. In todays text message world we're seeing the butchering of the english language before our eyes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

there is already a thread about this do we really need two threads bashing the new extra points blog?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doticus. Show doticus's posts

They are complaining about content, I'm complaining about basic editing.  So yes, we need two threads.  I have some issues with the content too, but mostly I'd like to not see 'forest' spelled with two rs (or 'skelton practices').

Yes, I am one of those annoying people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Please edit Extra Points more carefully!:
    [QUOTE]They are complaining about content, I'm complaining about basic editing.  So yes, we need two threads.  I have some issues with the content too, but mostly I'd like to not see 'forest' spelled with two rs (or 'skelton practices'). Yes, I am one of those annoying people.
    Posted by doticus[/QUOTE]

I think it would be more productive to send them an email.

I know when I asked Reiss questions, he would always respond. IN this case, you might not get a response, but the message would be read.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

You can send an email for all the good it will do. Chances are, if you do receive a response, it will be a patronizing acknowledgement of "your valued interest" and they hope you'll continue to be a fan ( customer ).
    I just saw a TV commercial for a local COLLEGE in which the word 'achieve' was misspelled.
    If you like, you can blame the sorry contemporary state of education and mass communications for the error epidemic but I've been noticing mistakes in the media and in print since I learned how to listen and read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]You can send an email for all the good it will do. Chances are, if you do receive a response, it will be a patronizing acknowledgement of "your valued interest" and they hope you'll continue to be a fan ( customer ). I just saw a TV commercial for a local COLLEGE in which the word 'achieve' was misspelled. If you like, you can blame the sorry contemporary state of education and mass communications for the error epidemic but I've been noticing mistakes in the media and in print since I learned how to listen and read.
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

And the good of posting it on a bulletin board?

The point was that they obviously do read the email and that constructive criticism is best served when directly approaching the issue with those who can affect a change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]there is already a thread about this do we really need two threads bashing the new extra points blog?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Where've you been?

This board needs six or 10 threads about every topic . . .

especially if it's about some washed-up has-been who just got cut from one of the dregs of the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

especially if it's about some washed-up has-been who just got cut from one of the dregs of the league.

WHO?! DO WE HAVE CAP SPACE?  HE'LL BE GREAT.  WHO DO WE CUT?  IS HE A 4/3 OR A 3/4 PLAYER?

WHO IS IT???????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]It's not "gonna" happen. In todays text message world we're seeing the butchering of the english language before our eyes.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

IDK, IMO, you might be FOS?  Or dead on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Def FOS.....LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts