Please Forgive Me

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Please Forgive Me

Here's a cross-section of what Colts' fans think about Indy's "devastating win" last night:

1.) The Colts had no problem laying down two years ago preventing a perfect season but now they do have a problem laying down after going 0-13 and when they have the potential to add depth around Manning by trading the #1 pick? It is senseless;

2.) Ah yes, the "True Fan" remarks will come... but lose! And not for Luck, but for the 2-5 extra draft choices it will bring. Do it the (dare I say it) Patriot way... load up on draft choices AND keep Manning. Winning next week means that an aweful season just got worse.

3.) A smart Colts fans knows a 1 win season is just as miserable as a 2 or 3 win season. The difference is with a 1 win season you get a potential franchise QB while with a 3 win season you don't.

4.) I hate to say it, and Mr Irsay wont care at all, but if the Colts blow there next 10-15 years, at least potentially, by winning a meaningless game next week, then they really should get rid of all management. Forge this crap about one never roots for his team to ,ose...one roots for his team to have a solid future..I love Manning, and I would also secretly root for his success(except the Colts) whereever he would go...but not at the expense of being a very average team, drafting an subpar draft qb and being stuck with 7-9 or 9-7 seasons for 5 or more years. The Colts got it wrong by turning their back on the 16-0 season in 2009, they will really get it wrong by turning their babck on Andrew Luck and if we do, and our fates fall badly, it may be enough to drive me away as a fan for sheer stupidity

5.) It's a head scratcher. Anyone who watches any amount of football can see that Orlovsky is ten times the QB that Painter is. He has a good arm, and, more importantly, he can hit the receivers (as opposed to throwing the ball at their feet or five feet over their heads). So, why didn't the Polians go with Orlovsky early in the year? Obviously the intent was to trash the season to secure the Luck pick in the draft. But that being the case, why start Orlovsky at a point where he can start winning games and jeopardize that scenario? I'm sure BP didn't anticipate a win last night. Lose to Houston (which should have been a certainty), and the season's over, with the #1 pick in the bag. Something will have to happen next week to ensure that they don't beat Jacksonville. Watching to see how they engineer that loss will be very entertaining.

6.)Who cares about next year? I am going to say that you will when Manning hurts his neck again and the season tanks.

7.) Most of you guys are just in the minority. Most fans realizes winning a couple meaningless games doesnt mean a thing compared to the next 10 years with a new franchise QB. If Peyton cant play, or gets hurt next year, and the Colts dont have Luck either, regardless who else they have at QB this season will be normal season for the next several years. You have the number 1 pick clinched with 2 games left. And going to blow it by winning games no one will remember two years from now except thats the game the Colts could had won drafting Luck while hes hanging banners in St Louis or Minnesota, or even yet, they could had got a boatload of talent to surround Manning trading that pick if thats the way their going. Listen to the radio and whatever, most people will agree this win could screw the Colts in the long run. And I wouldnt doubt Houston lost on purpose so it lessen the chance of the Colts having another franchise QB, yea they were playing for homefield in the playoffs but I think they know their not going win a playoff game anyways with TJ Yates at QB.

8.) Of course I want them to lose, this is a huge decision, I'm telling you, we are going to remember yesterday in the next ten years when Luck is kicking everybody's a** in the NFL, I would like to see those "you play to win the games fans" reactions when we have no QB in the future, the "true fans wants their team to win at all times" please stop it, we all know that all the "true fans" are not going to show up when the team sucks.

9.) You people are just as stupid as the Colt's looked last night. All of you are living with dreams of Manning floating through your head. The Colt's threw away their future last night. Those saying your not a real fan if you want them to lose do not know a thing about sports. It 's all about tomorrow. What is going to happen next. Well now I can tell you. Manning is done, the Colt's will be stuck with the same crappy team they have this year again next year. Standing blindly behind a team becaus eyou think you are a part of it is just plain dumb.
    Bob Igney you know nothing about football. Quit making yourself look like a fool. I suggest Irsay for the worst owner of the league this year. And afterwards he wants to wish us a "Merry Christmas"? Standing behind his old and tired QB is where he will always be. He was nothing before Manning and he is there again today.

10.) Enough of this "true fan" crap. A true fan will stop being nostalgic about our 36 year old QB coming off of 3 neck surgeries and hope that we can get the best draft position so we can have a winning team to root for in 5 years and not end up like the Miami Dolphins who are still searching for Dan Marino's replacement.

11.) The Texans handed that game to the Colts. How many penalties did they commit on that last drive? But they have smart people running their shop. They don't want to see Andrew Luck in a Colt's jersey twice a season for the next ten years. Either does Jacksonville. Nor did Tennessee.

12.) Kravitz is right. Back in 1997, if the Colts don't lose and don't secure the No. 1 pick, they probably end up with Ryan Leaf. Which means over the last 12 years the Colts are just an average run-of-the-mill team. No Super Bowl win. No multiple playoff appearances. Just an ordinary team. The Colts today are at a similar crossroads. The chances of having a team with a No. 1 pick when a can't-miss QB of Mannings's caliber is available are few and far between The Colts may not get this golden opportunity again for years to come. Instead of continued greatness like Joe Montana to Steve Young or Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers, the Colts may wander in the wilderness like Miami and Denver did when Dan Marino and John Elway retired with no great QB waiting in the wings. Next week we'll see if the Colts’ future is bright or just ho-hum.

13.) Here's my opinion. Polian wanted to wait till this season was lost so the Colts would get the 1st draft pick, Now that could be in jeopardy. But watch next week to see if they start pulling the starters. That will tell you the truth about what Polian really is.

14.) I'd like to ask Bill Polian why Orlovsky was cut after the last pre-season game. If you remember he played better than Painter in the pre- season. I'll tell you why, Polian's ego wouldn't allow him to cut Painter and admit he was a waste of time. Why wasn't the defensive coordinator fired after 6 or 7 games. The defense looks so much better now. We most likely could have won 3 or 4 more games with these moves.

15.) Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning. Four...Four real franchise QBs in the last 15 years! That's huge. The Colts will never recover from the end of the Peyton Manning era if they don't get this right.

*The great majority of Colts' fans seem to strongly disagree with "The Dog(gggg)". They will unquestionably be rooting for their lovables to lose in Jacksonville, a week from Sunday.

What a revolting development, eh, Dog(gggg)?? LOL!!!!!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me:
    Just call him Underpants, it's easier.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Be careful. Rumor has it that it turns him on when you call him that...LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Ever since BB let the Colts put up 21 4th quarter points they have gained confidence and are playing well every week. BB the master Colts motivator?
    Done by design?

Undy? Opinions?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I find it adorable that the coach and team decided to win after Polian chucked them under the bus.  And I hope they DO get luck.  That will force the end of the Manning marriage, and at this point, he's the least greasy thing in that whole stinking rotten drunken dirty organization.  He is done, but obviously wants that 28 million still, so he will pretend he can play, they will have to take Luck and dump him, and that will be the end of the Clots.  As much as I am NOT a Manning fan, no way Luck is, or will be, as good as Peyton Manning.  If he works out really great for them, he may be as good as Eli.  More likely he's Cooper. Good that they are getting exposed for the fraud "saintly" organization they are.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : Do you know that Manning is capable of retuning to previous form? Let's deal in what we know. Manning is coming off Spinal Fusion surgery, he is going to be 36 and will have not played a down in over a year. Are you advocating or theorizing the Colts pass on Luck if they indeed get the first pick and Manning is cleared to play?
    Posted by jri37

No, I don't think the colts will pass on Luck, and I don't think the rhetorical question in my previous post suggested that. 

If Luck is available, I think the colts take him even if Manning is fully healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : I agree that Luck is no guarantee, but unless you are defining real positive impact as future hall of famer I think you are wrong with the above statement.  You're telling me that Carson Palmer, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford and Cam Newton have not made or did not make a real positive impact on their team?
    Posted by pcmIV

None have had nearly the impact that Peyton had.  Jury's still out on Stafford and Newton.  my point is that Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger were not #1 picks.  Quality QB's can be found outside of the #1 pick.  Further, even if the colts win next week and lose that first pick, there's no guarantee that STL or MIN take luck.  STL is heavily invested in their first pick.  MIN could take him, I suppose, but they just took a QB last year. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Ever since BB let the Colts put up 21 4th quarter points they have gained confidence and are playing well every week. BB the master Colts motivator? Done by design? Undy? Opinions?
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

I think it has to do with orlovsky.  If you look back at a number of games you will find the colts in those games with an opportunity to win.  Painter was confounding.  He could get on a roll hitting receivers in stride and then throw 5 balls in a row either 10 yds too long or too short. 

Orlovsky's not been perfect, but he's been consistent and at times very competent. 

It was just a matter of time.  The colts D is starting to play better, also.  But - you can't give them too much credit.  Foster gashed them for like 150 yds last night, and their wins have come against teams also struggling for one reason or another.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Please Forgive Me":
    In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : ummmm, what? I dont think our lack of a title since he left has anything to do with him. I think that has more to do with our coaching staff getting raided and great defensive players retiring. Im not dismissing any truth. You are just not that smart.  You say things just to try to tick people off. Doesnt work on me. Posted by JayShizzle45
    UD6 is very ungenerous. We'll take Reggie Wayne from him for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : Minnesota isn't sold on Ponder.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Nor is anybody else sold on Ponder.

"The Dog(gggg)" can fantasize all he likes. But...even assuming that the Rams get the #1 overall pick, they'll either select Luck, and trade Sam Bradford...or trade the rights to Luck to, say, the Redskins...for a plethora of draft picks.

Most likely, they'll take Luck, and trade Bradford. Why? Because "Sam I Am" has a huge rookie contract, that the Rams would love to unload. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Carson Palmer bites. The Raiders got so fleeced by Mike Brown I thought it was bill trading with AL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Carson Palmer bites. The Raiders got so fleeced by Mike Brown I thought it was bill trading with AL.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Everyone agrees that the desperate Raiders gave up too much for Palmer.  They gambled, big-time. By making this move, they've kept themselves in contention for the AFC West title.

What would have happened to them had they not made this move? Last place in the AFC West?

The Raiders want to win, now. If they win the AFC West this year and next, it was a good trade for them. Otherwise...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

What would have happened to them had they not made this move? Last place in the AFC West?

The Raiders want to win, now. If they win the AFC West this year and next, it was a good trade for them. Otherwise..

This is a new era in Raider football. Think about if they just didnt pick burners every draft of trade away their picks. They could be a dominant team. So now that they will approach the draft differently why give away all your picks? Carson Palmer has 10 TD's and 13 ints this year. He has the ability to hit 20 ints this year if he starts slinging it.
    The problem with Carson Palmer is the way he's been played. They need to work more screens, dump offs and bubble screens. Make him a game manager as opposed to him throwing it down field 25 yards on 3rd and 3. Since he got Von Olthoffened he hasnt been the same. A lot of people dont seem to realize is the "Brady rule" is really the "Palmer rule".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

What would have happened to them had they not made this move? Last place in the AFC West?        The Raiders want to win, now. If they win the AFC West this year and next, it was a good trade for them. Otherwise.. This is a new era in Raider football. Think about if they just didnt pick burners every draft of trade away their picks. They could be a dominant team. So now that they will approach the draft differently why give away all your picks?

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, with all the misses that the Patriots have had in the draft over the past 5 years, whose to say that their way is not the way to go? In the past, the Pats have traded a 4th rounder for Randy Moss, a 2nd and 7th rounder for Wes Welker, a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon, and a 4th rounder for Ted Washington. Those deals worked out rather well. Let's see what Palmer and the Raiders do over their last two games. The Raiders lost a tough one to the Lions by a point last week. That loss may cost them the AFC West.

Carson Palmer has 10 TD's and 13 ints this year. He has the ability to hit 20 ints this year if he starts slinging it. The problem with Carson Palmer is the way he's been played. They need to work more screens, dump offs and bubble screens. Make him a game manager as opposed to him throwing it down field 25 yards on 3rd and 3. Since he got Von Olthoffened he hasnt been the same. A lot of people dont seem to realize is the "Brady rule" is really the "Palmer rule".

RESPONSE: It's a bit unfair to be too critical of Palmer, this season. Here's a guy joining a new team, without the benefit of any pre-season...and is being asked to perform at an elite level. Injuries have really hurt the Raiders. They lost their starting QB, leading to the Palmer trade, and have lost star RB Darren McFadden for the majority of the season. The Raiders are a scary team, with a healthy McFadden.   
    Posted by Philskiw1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Unfortunately, with all the misses that the Patriots have had in the draft over the past 5 years, whose to say that their way is not the way to go? In the past, the Pats have traded a 4th rounder for Randy Moss, a 2nd and 7th rounder for Wes Welker, a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon, and a 4th rounder for Ted Washington. Those deals worked out rather well. Let's see what Palmer and the Raiders do over their last two games. The Raiders lost a tough one to the Lions by a point last week. That loss may cost them the AFC West.

My only beef with comparing the Pats draft and the Raiders draft is they picked 15 picks at least higher then the Pats did. Odds say they would get better players. And the picks they traded away for Palmer are picks that dont cripple your team salary cap wise. Thats an over looked dynamic so far by most.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Unfortunately, with all the misses that the Patriots have had in the draft over the past 5 years, whose to say that their way is not the way to go? In the past, the Pats have traded a 4th rounder for Randy Moss, a 2nd and 7th rounder for Wes Welker, a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon, and a 4th rounder for Ted Washington. Those deals worked out rather well. Let's see what Palmer and the Raiders do over their last two games. The Raiders lost a tough one to the Lions by a point last week. That loss may cost them the AFC West. My only beef with comparing the Pats draft and the Raiders draft is they picked 15 picks at least higher then the Pats did. Odds say they would get better players. And the picks they traded away for Palmer are picks that dont cripple your team salary cap wise. Thats an over looked dynamic so far by most.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Good point about the salary cap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Please Forgive Me:
         I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Realizing that a Houston loss would guarantee our Patriots a bye week, and that an Indy win was a step towards keeping Bill Polian away from Andrew Luck...I rooted Indy on.       The only thing that I have to offer in my defense is that I don't think that I would have done it, if Peyton Manning were playing. Nonetheless, I beg your indulgence, and forgiveness.
    Posted by TexasPat3

What is it with the "forgiveness" posts.  Alls well and fair in football, just continue with your excellent game summaries and all the other stuff will fall into place.  Peace.

Sections
Shortcuts