Please Forgive Me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Please Forgive Me

I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Realizing that a Houston loss would guarantee our Patriots a bye week, and that an Indy win was a step towards keeping Bill Polian away from Andrew Luck...I rooted Indy on. 

The only thing that I have to offer in my defense is that I don't think that I would have done it, if Peyton Manning were playing. Nonetheless, I beg your indulgence, and forgiveness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Please Forgive Me

Its not just that TP.  You, as well as everyone else, didn't want to see the colts get Luck.  While the opportunity still exists, everyone has to believe the colts have a even shot at winning next week in Jax, and unless Minn or StL win another (unlikely), the colts won't have the first pick.

Remember Addai has reported that he believes Manning is 85-90% right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD.. why wouldn't anyone want to see the Colts get Luck?  Is there a team preferred by Americans football fans who they want to see get Luck?  For the most part, most times fans like seeing the downtrodden team get that first pick.  Granted, it seems the Colts got that way all for losing one key player this season, which is amazing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

And here I thought this was going to be an apology for constantly spamming the board with crap about the Colts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hear loud sucking noises coming from Jacksonville...  you hear that? Wait listen to that, is that the sound of the phone dialing to make tee times?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I only caught the last quarter but it was worth it. I have no problem rooting for the Colts in meaningless wins for them. It helped us, so Im all for it.

As far as Luck, why wouldnt we want the Colts to get Luck?  Its gonna take him a few years to be a legit NFL qb, and he will never be Manning, so I'd take my chances playing a rook over Manning any day.

Reggie Wayne looked pretty good.

UD6 is gonna hate Wayne in blue and red....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]And here I thought this was going to be an apology for constantly spamming the board with crap about the Colts
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Between you and "The Dog(gggg)", we might be able to salvage the brain of a squirrel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I hear loud sucking noises coming from Jacksonville...  you hear that? Wait listen to that, is that the sound of the phone dialing to make tee times?
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

I wonder who The Dog(gggg) will be rooting for in Jacksonville??

LOL!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I lost my teaser!!  Needed Houston to win by 3 and that was it (Already hit TCU and Boise earlier)....

I'm still pissed!!!  lol

Houston up 4 with 40 seconds left and penalties killed it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I only caught the last quarter but it was worth it. I have no problem rooting for the Colts in meaningless wins for them. It helped us, so Im all for it. As far as Luck, why wouldnt we want the Colts to get Luck?  Its gonna take him a few years to be a legit NFL qb, and he will never be Manning, so I'd take my chances playing a rook over Manning any day. Reggie Wayne looked pretty good. UD6 is gonna hate Wayne in blue and red....
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

probably a lot like seeing Vinatieri in the horseshoe helmet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : probably a lot like seeing Vinatieri in the horseshoe helmet. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

meh, a little different., Vinatieri is fine as long as he isnt hitting game winners against us. Adam wanted 2.5 mill to kick and we dont do that.

His little 3 points he puts up wont compare to what Wayne would do with Brady here.

You would be sick to your stomach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me :      Between you and "The Dog(gggg)", we might be able to salvage the brain of a squirrel.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that even if that were remotely true, that combination would produce more than three times the cognitive function of your brain and your alias'  (patsfanssince 66) combined.  Which is a shame, really.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : meh, a little different., Vinatieri is fine as long as he isnt hitting game winners against us. Adam wanted 2.5 mill to kick and we dont do that. His little 3 points he puts up wont compare to what Wayne would do with Brady here. You would be sick to your stomach.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

How many SB's have you won since he left?  His little three points carried the pats to through the playoffs and to super bowl wins for 2 of the 3 the pats won.  But dismiss that truth if it makes you feel better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Was this Indy win a "Piece of Luck"?? Here's what Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star thinks:  

Kravitz: Great win for Colts, or rotten Luck?

The Indianapolis Colts didn't just win a football game Thursday night over the Houston Texans. They might have saved the Peyton Manning era.

On the one night a Colts fan might have hoped his or her team would lose, Indy did the ridiculous, the impossible and, in the long term, the worst thing possible.

They are one win at Jacksonville from blowing a chance to draft Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

Sorry, losing a chance to draft Andrew Luck.

Where was Curtis Painter when you needed him?

A sweet 19-16 win for the players and coaches. A bitter 19-16 victory for fans who hoped to start buying their Luck No. 12 jerseys.

Is there such a thing as a devastating victory?

This changes everything.

Check that: This changes everything.

This increases the chances the Colts lose the chance to draft Luck. Which means it's more likely than ever before that Manning is back. And that wide receiver Reggie Wayne is back. And center Jeff Saturday and tight end Dallas Clark and a lot of those other veterans who were looking at employment elsewhere at season's end are back.

We were looking at the possible end to the Manning era, a possible end to a glorious era of football here in Indianapolis. Lose this game to the Houston Texans, secure the first pick, and the house-cleaning would have been under way. Maybe the front office, probably the coaching staff, certainly a lot of players who've become household names.

And then, with one gutsy two-minute drive led by quarterback Dan Orlovsky, the entire picture changed. A couple of great plays by Wayne who, if he's gone, left us with a wonderful memory. A couple of dumb plays by Houston defensive end J.J. Watt. And a brilliant game, top to bottom, by a defense that has really started to come around since the insertion of defensive coordinator Mike Murphy.

This had ramifications. Not for this year, which is lost. But for next year and maybe for the next 10 to 15 years, the long-term future of the franchise.

It comes down to this: If the 2-13 Colts win at Jacksonville next week, and both St. Louis and Minnesota lose their last two games, Luck will end up in either St. Louis or Minnesota (depending on the tiebreaker). If the Colts lose that game, Luck is still in the picture with the Colts having the tiebreaker edge.

If you're the Colts, there's no way you're going to say goodbye to a healthy Manning and mortgage the present to go forward with Baylor's Robert Griffin III or Oklahoma's Landry Jones. Those are players who can come here and sit two, three years.

Want to read the first few paragraphs of the deadline column that was written before the Orlovsky-led drive?

Here you go:

Welcome to Indianapolis, Andrew Luck.

You'll love the shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's. Seriously, slather on that cocktail sauce. It's very mild. Really.

Who could have imagined when this football season began? Who could have imagined, even after the news that Peyton Manning would miss the entire season while recovering from neck surgery? The Indianapolis Colts, who clinched the top pick Thursday night with a loss to the Houston Texans, have emerged as the team who sucked for Luck better than any other team in the NFL.

Um . . . never mind.

Colts owner Jim Irsay was quite definitive on the NFL Network pregame show: "I think if the situation is where (Manning's) back and he's healthy, then I see him come back and play here," he said. He later added, "I don't see (money) being the issue."

Irsay sounded like a man who wanted to have his cake and eat it, too. Manning-to-Luck like Brett Favre-to-Aaron Rodgers.

Suddenly, though, there's a chance there's no pastry in Irsay's immediate future.

How are you supposed to feel about this? There's the joy the fans felt, the good feelings in that locker room, the thrill of knocking off a good team with playoff seeding and a bye on the line. And there was the realization that maybe, just maybe, the Colts are going to lose the chance to draft the most NFL-ready quarterback to come along in years.

"That's not for the players to worry about," Joseph Addai said. "We just keep playing ball."

Two years ago, they laid down on a perfect season.

Now, they're the 1985 Bears of meaningless, late-season football.

Go figure.

Give them credit, but go figure.

Just in case, here's hoping you took a cerebral snapshot, or filed it away on your cellphone's SD card. Because whatever happens now, some of these big-name Colts will not be back. Who goes and who stays? A lot will depend on next week, whether the Colts move into Win One For Peyton mode or move into the Luck era.

Next week, then, the Colts play as important a game as they had in that 1997 season-ending loss at Minnesota that got them Manning in the draft.

Do you want them to win or lose?

Let the debate commence: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111223/SPORTS15/312230002/Kravitz-Great-win-Colts-rotten-Luck-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]     I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Realizing that a Houston loss would guarantee our Patriots a bye week, and that an Indy win was a step towards keeping Bill Polian away from Andrew Luck...I rooted Indy on.       The only thing that I have to offer in my defense is that I don't think that I would have done it, if Peyton Manning were playing. Nonetheless, I beg your indulgence, and forgiveness.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Well Texas Pat (My son) You must pay a pennance for such an atrocious sin.... the penance is to go and stomp 6X on a Colts Jersey,  Take a package of Colts Birthday napkins wad them up and flush them down the toilet, and sit in silence looking to the heavens saying OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE....   LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Please Forgive Me : Well Texas Pat (My son) You must pay a pennance for such an atrocious sin.... the penance is to go and stomp 6X on a Colts Jersey,  Take a package of Colts Birthday napkins wad them up and flush them down the toilet, and sit in silence looking to the heavens saying OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE....   LOL
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Maybe a better pennance would be to refrain from busting the chops of UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg), until after Christmas...LOL!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

me 2..mea culpa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Vinitari is a traitor to me. Even Parcells said he could have the status of Larry Bird or Bobby Orr in his respective sport. He tainted that image to me. Watch how quickly he flips off that horseshoe and slips into a flying elvis at his hall induction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

TP - you're not man enough to bust my chops.  You have me on ignore, remember? 

Ignoring someone is one thing. Claiming to bust the chops of someone you have on ignore could not be more pathetic.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : How many SB's have you won since he left?  His little three points carried the pats to through the playoffs and to super bowl wins for 2 of the 3 the pats won.  But dismiss that truth if it makes you feel better.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

ummmm, what?

I dont think our lack of a title since he left has anything to do with him.

I think that has more to do with our coaching staff getting raided and great defensive players retiring. Im not dismissing any truth.

You are just not that smart.  You say things just to try to tick people off. Doesnt work on me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Come on Jay, I was just responding to your comment that I would be pissed to see Wayne in a Pats uni.  I just gave a similar answer.  I'm not trying to upset you.  I am just making conversation, like you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]     I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

No biggie. It was a good  game to watch. With the Texans injuries, it was an evenly matched game.

Its obvious the Dolts are a big notch down from a few years ago. Even is they get Pouting back next year or Luck is their QB their is no way they 7 games.

Luck is probably gonna end up somewhere else, anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thats fine. I just think you are making too much out of taking our "kicker"

I mean we appreciated what he did, but he is dead to most of us until he retires a patriot.

He got booed at Gillete.

I am just saying if Wayne came here you would be more upset than anyone ever was about Adam V going to Indy.

I am happy that you guys were able to get one under Manning so he didnt become the modern day Marino, but i dont think Adam V played a part in that either, but I could be wrong. I didnt watch every colts game in 06.

As far as our undoing, that  was all Manning and his miraculous comeback and humility to take a back seat to Addai in the run game.  We helped by starting Eric Alexander for the first time..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

It would be great to see Luck in Indy.   Archie's head would explode as he gives an opinion no one cares about again and the drug addict's Twitter account blows up with all the non sequitors

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

actually Vinateri hit 5 FGs against the Ravens, which were the only points scored in that game I believe the score was 15-?.  So when people talk about the three game winning FGs I always have that ready to go