Please Forgive Me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Re: Please Forgive Me

In Response to Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]     I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Realizing that a Houston loss would guarantee our Patriots a bye week, and that an Indy win was a step towards keeping Bill Polian away from Andrew Luck...I rooted Indy on.       The only thing that I have to offer in my defense is that I don't think that I would have done it, if Peyton Manning were playing. Nonetheless, I beg your indulgence, and forgiveness.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL.  You know, I had that same weird feeling last night as I realized I was actually rooting for Indy.  Mine is worse, though.  I would have done it given the same situation even if Manning were playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

***Thinks about the movie "Scanners" and Archies head.***

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]actually Vinateri hit 5 FGs against the Ravens, which were the only points scored in that game I believe the score was 15-?.  So when people talk about the three game winning FGs I always have that ready to go
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

No, he didn't.  He hot 4 FG from 42 yds in -- something any kicker does 95% of the time.  He missed a 47 yarder right before the half that would have made it a one point game.  Most kickers make that about 80% of the time.  He not only missed it, it was a terrible miss.

That said, he was a great kicker for us.  However, he was replaced by one almost as good, if not as good.  So, not  a big loss of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]TP - you're not man enough to bust my chops.  You have me on ignore, remember?  Ignoring someone is one thing. Claiming to bust the chops of someone you have on ignore could not be more pathetic.  
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

hey do you have a v*gina???   hahahahaha!   you the biggest whiner i ever seen!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

hey tp...  are you the year end awards guy???  im eagerly awaiting a good laugh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : hey do you have a v*gina???   hahahahaha!   you the biggest whiner i ever seen!
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness you've got that tough guy picture.  Now your words and picture fit the persona.  I'll bet you think the internet is great, because you can be whoever (or whatever) you play fantasy island and act like someone we all assume you are not.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Hear me now and believe me later:

Andrew Luck, wherever he ends up, will fail spectacularly in the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : lol!!! "85-90%" for a 36 year old QB with a serious neck issue who can't move in the pocket.  DELUSIONAL
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I am delusional for providing reported information?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]No, you're delusional for implying that Gomer will come to the rescue in 2012. Let me tell you something:  The biggest mistake Indy could make is passing on Luck by not being the #1 draft slot and pretending Gomer can return and be the Gomer of old, for even 2 more years. If they do pass on the #1 draft slot and end up choosing a Griffin or someone else, they are doing nothing but wasting a return on Gomer (even if it's less than what they'd want). Unless, unless, this is all spin to jack up his stock. The light at the end of the tunnel is Luck and you couldn't have asked for a better golden opportunity.  This is like if Brady was done and another  Brady or Rodgers type was wiaitng in the wings and Pats fans acted like it was a bad move. It takes most teeams YEARS AND YEARS to know they have a slam dunk prospect. The second I saw Rodgers play in preseason I knew he'd eventually have "it". Luck will have it, but Indy may not have a crack at him now because they can't let go of Gomer? This is another key difference between BB and Polian and why BB is superior.

So you are suggesting they should intentionally tank the season for Luck?  The only mistake they would make is not drafting him if given the opportunity.  It is a bit much to say they are making a mistake by actually trying to win games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Please Forgive Me:
    [QUOTE]     I have a confession to make, my fellow Patriots' fans. It shames me to say this, but (gulp), I actually rooted for the Indianapolis Colts last night. Realizing that a Houston loss would guarantee our Patriots a bye week, and that an Indy win was a step towards keeping Bill Polian away from Andrew Luck...I rooted Indy on.       The only thing that I have to offer in my defense is that I don't think that I would have done it, if Peyton Manning were playing. Nonetheless, I beg your indulgence, and forgiveness.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

TP: I realize this thread is probably mostly tongue in cheek, but it's really not a big deal.  I'm sure most if not all of us rooted for the Jets in 08 to knock off Miami.  When a rival isn't in the running it really isn't a big deal to root for them if them winning has a definite impact on the Pats' situation.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : They've already come this far, why not?

Because it's against the spirit of the game and competiveness.  We can't bash them for tanking and then say they are idiots for not tanking.  You can't have it both ways.  If you think BB would tank for a pick I would have to disagree given how competitive he is.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]No, you're delusional for implying that Gomer will come to the rescue in 2012. Let me tell you something:  The biggest mistake Indy could make is passing on Luck by not being the #1 draft slot and pretending Gomer can return and be the Gomer of old, for even 2 more years. If they do pass on the #1 draft slot and end up choosing a Griffin or someone else, they are doing nothing but wasting a return on Gomer (even if it's less than what they'd want). Unless, unless, this is all spin to jack up his stock. The light at the end of the tunnel is Luck and you couldn't have asked for a better golden opportunity.  This is like if Brady was done and another  Brady or Rodgers type was wiaitng in the wings and Pats fans acted like it was a bad move. It takes most teeams YEARS AND YEARS to know they have a slam dunk prospect. The second I saw Rodgers play in preseason I knew he'd eventually have "it". Luck will have it, but Indy may not have a crack at him now because they can't let go of Gomer? This is another key difference between BB and Polian and why BB is superior.
    Thanks for telling me something. Tell me this - do you know that Manning is incapable of returning to his previous form?  Do you know that the colts will pass on Luck if he is available when they pick?  Why would you think that any player or coach fighting for his job would care about an unproven future draft pick?  I assume that the colts will go out and play to win next week and thereby jeopardize their opportunity for the number one pick. 

Who was the last QB picked first overall to make a real positive impact - Manning.  And how many times since Manning has the #1 pick gone to a QB who hasn't had the same impact.  Luck appears to be the real deal, but there is no guarantee. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Vinitari is a traitor to me. Even Parcells said he could have the status of Larry Bird or Bobby Orr in his respective sport. He tainted that image to me. Watch how quickly he flips off that horseshoe and slips into a flying elvis at his hall induction.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Yes..."Benedict Adam"!! It ticks me off, too. In retrospect, it was a bad PR and personnel decision, by BB and the Patriots, to let him go. BB subsequently would use a 4th round pick in the 2006 draft to replace Adam (Stephen Gostkowski). Vinatieri would be a key figure in the Colts tainted 2006 SB run. He tied his own record with 5 playoff FGs in the cold in Baltimore, to lead the Colts past the Ravens that year, 15-6.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinatieri 

Although "The Ghost" would do a decent job replacing Adam, I've never had the same sense of security when he lines up for a big kick, that I had with Vinatieri. Apparently, BB learned his lesson about the value of having a dependable PK, and paid "The Ghost" big money when his contract came up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : Who was the last QB picked first overall to make a real positive impact - Manning.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I agree that Luck is no guarantee, but unless you are defining real positive impact as future hall of famer I think you are wrong with the above statement.  You're telling me that Carson Palmer, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Matthew Stafford and Cam Newton have not made or did not make a real positive impact on their team?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Forgive Me : Do you know that Manning is capable of retuning to previous form? Let's deal in what we know. Manning is coming off Spinal Fusion surgery, he is going to be 36 and will have not played a down in over a year. Are you advocating or theorizing the Colts pass on Luck if they indeed get the first pick and Manning is cleared to play?
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

jri37:

"The Dog(gggg)" is too much of a coward to take a position on anything. He's just a Peyton loving blow-hard, who will mislead, misdirect, misrepresent, and even lie to make his bogus points. But...see for yourself. Ask him to take a position. He'll always be non-committal...and will never give you any straight answers to questions. 

The best thing for the Colts to do is to move on from Peyton, Caldwell, and the Polians. They should hire a competent, high-powered coach...and rebuild the team around Andrew Luck.

This win over Houston really has put the Colts' franchise in a bind. If the Colts beat Jacksonville, they'll lose out on a franchise QB in Luck. Their late three game winning streak will be used as the reason to keep the status quo of Manning, Caldwell, and the Polians running the team.

If they lose at Jacksonville, there's sure to be allegations that they purposely tanked. Colts' fans will pressure Jim Irsay to fire Jim Caldwell...and will push for sacking the Polians as well. But, my guess is that Irsay will still choose to stay with the status quo. He doesn't want to fire the Polians. He'll have to keep Caldwell in place too...as he has to know that no competent, high-powered coach is going to want to come to Indy, with the Polians still calling all the shots. 

To summarize, no matter what happens in Jacksonville, this win over Houston pretty much ensures that Jim Caldwell and the Polians will remain in place, next season.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Nice post. Luck is smart and has all the tools of Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He's a once-in-a-decade, potential franchise QB. It would make me happy if Indy passes on the chance for Luck but if they're smart they'll lose valiantly, unload Gomer for a bunch of picks and rebuild the Offensive Line with those picks. I don't understand how any other scenario makes sense. It's kind of like saying that Cleveland should have tried to win more games because there was always the chance that by picking Labron James they ran the risk that he wouldn't make it in the NBA.

25. This post has been removed.