Please God...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Please God...

...protect ALL our NE Patriots Players from any injury tonight, beit big or small...But, If you can only protect against 1 type, please stick with the major injury one...thanx.  Also, At first I was gonna ask you to protect The Jaguars Players too, but then I thought against it, because I'd really rather you spend the majority of your energies & efforts on the guys I follow on my team...  But, IF there's gonna be some swing-back negative Karma with me asking you to protect MY team more, please just do both, thanx in advance (Jaguars aren't any real threat to my team's playoff situation this year, ya know?). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: Please God...

very nice =]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Love this  S..hit Laz.same thoughts here regarding injuries and will continue every game. This is such a huge part of the NFL season, each and every year. Nearly 1am here and still waiting to watch this almost meaningless game. I still love it though, God help me!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Thanx guys...  Where are'ya Irish (is it presumptuous to say Ireland? St#pid if I don't...?). 

Hey...At least we're almost through the entire 1st quarter, of the very 1st preseason game, and I haven't seen even ONE! thread started about how The Pats svck, and Belichick svx, and it's ALREADY 6-0, so ya might as well call it a season and give the Lombardi to NY...  Pats Fans for an entire 8 full years, Jets Trolls posing as Pats Fans, token straight-up Jets Fans...Where Are you guys???

Preseason Game 1...I'm infinitely more concerned that you allowed McCourty, or Hernandez, or Bodden, or even Wilfork, take the field for even 1 single down, THAN I would be IF NE lost any or all preseason game(s) 100-0...  I say this every year:  I trust Bill Belichick to be dominant come the regular season games that count...I do NOT trust the happenstance & randomness of freak injuries (even the most minor) OF any and every Pats player whose play is utterly critical imho, Towards gettin' a Championship when all's said and done...

I say this EVERY year:  I hope the Pats lose, bare minimum- 2 different preseason games...  I want my team hungry, humble, healthy, and mad enough to have a chip on their collective shoulders, when the season comes...  Winning EVERY preseason game-NOT a good thing...whatsoever. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Please God...:
    Thanx guys...  Where are'ya Irish (is it presumptuous to say Ireland? St#pid if I don't...?).  Hey...At least we're almost through the entire 1st quarter, of the very 1st preseason game, and I haven't seen even ONE! thread started about how The Pats svck, and Belichick svx, and it's ALREADY 6-0, so ya might as well call it a season and give the Lombardi to NY...  Pats Fans for an entire 8 full years, Jets Trolls posing as Pats Fans, token straight-up Jets Fans...Where Are you guys??? Preseason Game 1...I'm infinitely more concerned that you allowed McCourty, or Hernandez, or Bodden, or even Wilfork, take the field for even 1 single down, THAN I would be IF NE lost any or all preseason game(s) 100-0...  I say this every year:  I trust Bill Belichick to be dominant come the regular season games that count...I do NOT trust the happenstance & randomness of freak injuries (even the most minor) OF any and every Pats player whose play is utterly critical imho, Towards gettin' a Championship when all's said and done... I say this EVERY year:  I hope the Pats lose, bare minimum- 2 different preseason games...  I want my team hungry, humble, healthy, and mad enough to have a chip on their collective shoulders, when the season comes...  Winning EVERY preseason game-NOT a good thing...whatsoever. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Give it time, Laz. I put the over-under on whiny post futures at, I dunno, 6 1/2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Thanx guys...  Where are'ya Irish (is it presumptuous to say Ireland? St#pid if I don't...?).  Hey...At least we're almost through the entire 1st quarter, of the very 1st preseason game, and I haven't seen even ONE! thread started about how The Pats svck, and Belichick svx, and it's ALREADY 6-0, so ya might as well call it a season and give the Lombardi to NY...  Pats Fans for an entire 8 full years, Jets Trolls posing as Pats Fans, token straight-up Jets Fans...Where Are you guys??? Preseason Game 1...I'm infinitely more concerned that you allowed McCourty, or Hernandez, or Bodden, or even Wilfork, take the field for even 1 single down, THAN I would be IF NE lost any or all preseason game(s) 100-0...  I say this every year:  I trust Bill Belichick to be dominant come the regular season games that count...I do NOT trust the happenstance & randomness of freak injuries (even the most minor) OF any and every Pats player whose play is utterly critical imho, Towards gettin' a Championship when all's said and done... I say this EVERY year:  I hope the Pats lose, bare minimum- 2 different preseason games...  I want my team hungry, humble, healthy, and mad enough to have a chip on their collective shoulders, when the season comes...  Winning EVERY preseason game-NOT a good thing...whatsoever. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz, watching but not really caring about game outcome, more about avoiding injuries and seeing development guys progressing. I want Price to do his stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Any of you ALL, just diggin' NE's Defense and the little we've seen thus far?!?  Offense WILL BE fine (only q, which I voiced elsewhere, is that power running game contingent a good deal on Ridley, in order to protect a lead late in the game)...again, NE's O?  That'll happen, and even the BIG concerns, are pretty minor, all things considered and esp. relative to NE's Defense...

But what I'm seeing thus far?  PENETRATION!!!  There seems to be at least 1 or 2 on NE's front 7 in this game, SERIOUSLY gettin' into the backfield, each & every single play, giving far more disruption than I've seen NE's D give the oppositions backfield, in many years...  Anyone see Eric Moore, just rifle into & through that RB earlier, forcing Gerrard to hurry a throw?  They just look SO physical & strong up front thus far...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It's the first pre-season game so not much rides on it.  Watch out if the Pats choke on the 3rd pre-season game though.  The Pats will suk again I'm sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It's the first pre-season game so not much rides on it.  Watch out if the Pats choke on the 3rd pre-season game though.  The Pats will suk again I'm sure.
    Posted by garytx

Hey garytx and ALL:

Q: How many preseason games do they play now, either with this shortened Offseason, and/or under the new CBA...?  Did 4, go down to just 3 now?  Point is, I agree with you gary...The 1 single preason game, I always wanted NE to show me something with, was always Game 3 (out of the 4). 
    Game 1=Pure Rookies, random Free Agents, and UDFA, then back-up certain 2nd team guys...  Get NO starter injured, at all. 
    Game 2=Starters in 1st quarter, maybe 1 single 1st series in qtr #2...never ever any more.  Spend the time making sure you're absolutely certain, Which "new" guys of any sorts, are showing the most promise (make certain your team cuts are exact). 
    Game 3=Starters in 1st quarter, quickly with mixing in of "new" team guys with best promise, playing with the starters.  Play them 1st qrtr and 1st series of 2nd qrtr, and 1st 1 or 2 series of 3rd qrtr (or throughout full 1st half). 
    Game 4=Fringe and 2nd string starts game, mixing in with a few starters who you think, still need some added game time. 2nd qrtr=Your starters straight up until the half ends... 3rd and 4th=Last chance guys to show you something worth keeping.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have to wait until tomorrow to see it on NFL net and DVR'd at that. That way I can back trak on plays i want to see again. But it is pre-season so I will not be doing too much of that. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

God - what a concept ! This is great to see, and yes may he take great care of our NFL'ers(and Mrs. Kraft).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Please God... : Why bother? we all know God is a Giants Fan!!
    Posted by JintsFan

Don't be silly now...  God created the world in just 7 days, The overall historical outline for building a Superbowl Champion, that it appears the NY Giants front office rigidly goes by, is something like this:

Year 0=Superbowl Participant
    Year 1=Try to follow it up, Result: 1st in NFC East, loss in Divisional Playoff Game.
    Year 2=Re-building year, 4th place in NFC East.
    Year 3=Re-building year, 4th place in NFC East.
    Year 4=Re-building year, 3rd place in NFC East.
    Year 5=Re-building year, 2nd place in NFC East (no playoff birth though).
    Year 6=1st Place in NFC East; Loss in wild card game.
    Year 7=Additional Re-building year, 3rd Place in NFC East.
    Year 8=Additional Re-building year, 3rd Place in NFC East
    Year 9=Additional Re-building year, 2nd place in NFC East (no playoff birth though).
    Year 10=1st Place in NFC East; Loss in Divisional Playoff Game.
    Year 11=Additional Re-building year, 2nd Place in NFC East (no playoff birth though).
    Year 12=Additional Re-building year, 2nd Place in NFC East (no playoff birth though).
    Year 13=1st Place in NFC East; Loss in NFC Championship Game.
    Year 14=Additional Re-building year, 2nd Place in NFC East (no playoff birth though).
    Year 15=1st Place in NFC East; Superbowl Participant.

Next: ...start over at Year 1.

New York Jets front office outline:  Brag bigger & louder than fellow NY team, the giants; While at the same time, look jealously & longingly at their form of moderate success. 

Conclusion:  God doesn't have the patience to be a fan of either team...    

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts