Please, if you must respond to the trolls...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Please, if you must respond to the trolls...

If you must respond to the trolls, please use the New Post button in stead of the reply to this post button...Many of us have them on ignore and the process is defeated by the duplication of the posts in your response. Besides why would you want to duplicate their senseless drivel?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls...

You just read my mine. If everyone would put the trolls on ignore, they would vanish because of lack of attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Please, if you must respond to the trolls...:
    If you must respond to the trolls, please use the New Post button in stead of the reply to this post button...Many of us have them on ignore and the process is defeated by the duplication of the posts in your response. Besides why would you want to duplicate their senseless drivel?
    Posted by part-timer

I don't believe in ignoring trolls.  I believe in beating them to death with a hammer.  Ignoring trolls is like sneaking out the back door of your house while some punk kids trash it.  I'm grabbing a tire iron and dealing with the situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls...:
    In Response to Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : I don't believe in ignoring trolls.  I believe in beating them to death with a hammer.  Ignoring trolls is like sneaking out the back door of your house while some punk kids trash it.  I'm grabbing a tire iron and dealing with the situation.
    Posted by Davedsone

Please do so with the New post button so we don't have to see their $hit. Always remember, they would not be here unless they weren't crying out for attention. You in doing so give them what they want, which means you are getting played. They win. The only way you win is to ignore. You can understand that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Unfortunately common courtesy and civility don't exist online. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : I don't believe in ignoring trolls.  I believe in beating them to death with a hammer.  Ignoring trolls is like sneaking out the back door of your house while some punk kids trash it.  I'm grabbing a tire iron and dealing with the situation.
    Posted by Davedsone

Ummm....hows that working out? You are doing exactly what they want, and simply feeding them so they come back for more. This isn't rocket science. No attention = buh-bye.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

I ignore all these Patsie trolls.  Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think it's best to just ignore them. They are here only to have us respond to them aka feeding them. If they were ignored by all they would be gone, it wouldn't be any fun for them. I like the idea of the new post but putting them on ignore the minute they show up is the best thing to do IMO. Fighting back with them ruins the threads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I think it's best to just ignore them. They are here only to have us respond to them aka feeding them. If they were ignored by all they would be gone, it wouldn't be any fun for them. I like the idea of the new post but putting them on ignore the minute they show up is the best thing to do IMO. Fighting back with them ruins the threads.
    Posted by sporter81

"Fighting back with them ruins the threads."

exactly and makes the board dominated with mostly that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : "Fighting back with them ruins the threads." exactly and makes the board dominated with mostly that.
    Posted by bredbru

Which is exactly why I rarely post here anymore...

I don't use any other boards because I have grown accustomed to this one, but it's becoming almost impossible to discuss the Patriots here. Hitting "ignore" is the best way to get rid of the trolls. Don't feed them and they will look for food elsewhere (on another forum).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : Which is exactly why I rarely post here anymore
    Posted by magicalhobo

Hopefully with the season starting it will lead to more football talk. Babe got banned today so that should cut out some of the nonsense until he comes back under a new handle. I like this forum too, unlike ESPN and others that are 95% trolls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I sure hope so. The offseason can be rough, but I have never seen the board this bad. It's an easy fix if people would just ignore the trolls instead of argue like school children.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : Which is exactly why I rarely post here anymore... I don't use any other boards because I have grown accustomed to this one, but it's becoming almost impossible to discuss the Patriots here. Hitting "ignore" is the best way to get rid of the trolls. Don't feed them and they will look for food elsewhere (on another forum).
    Posted by magicalhobo

magic, this was exactly my concern. those that want to talk football are driven away, while those that like to attack posters, fight, etc dominate the threads.
    we need those who like to discuss with each other deciding to stay (and not replying to the belligerent and the pugnacious).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : Hopefully with the season starting it will lead to more football talk. Babe got banned today so that should cut out some of the nonsense until he comes back under a new handle. I like this forum too, unlike ESPN and others that are 95% trolls.
    Posted by sporter81

Really Rusty?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Well I will start posting more and hopefully we can turn this thing around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : magic, this was exactly my concern. those that want to talk football are driven away, while those that like to attack posters, fight, etc dominate the threads. we need those who like to discuss with each other deciding to stay (and not replying to the belligerent and the pugnacious).
    Posted by bredbru

Exactly!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Well I will start posting more and hopefully we can turn this thing around.
    Posted by magicalhobo

awesome ++

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Please, if you must respond to the trolls... : Exactly!  
    Posted by sporter81

hang in there. were trying to make somehting a lil positive here

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolPat. Show CoolPat's posts

Bye-Bye Babe!!  One troll down....6 to go. Laughing

I'm so glad the mods are doing their jobs and cleaning our forum up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Please, if you must respond to the trolls...:
    Posted by part-timer

Perhaps when (and they will) the Pats start beating the bejesus out of teams some of the trolls will go away.  However, there'll always be the "one-and-done" trolls, for instance - a person who never posts until we're getting ready to play their team.  Also, what exactly is a "troll?"  I mean - we have several Pats fans that constantly bicker with each other and thus dominate post topics.  And sometimes, when I'm feeling a little mischieveous, I like stabbing back at trolls just for fun.  But overall I agree with your point - lots of dumb stuff gets brought into this board - but I don't think there's a panacea for it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Unfortunately common courtesy and civility don't exist online. 
    Posted by tcal2-

You got that right tcal2 - but then again, it doesn't exist in many, many other areas of society either. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

I've got more people on Ignore than I have Posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I only have trolls like jetsmangione and manningrules on ignore. 

If you're a fan of another team and spend as much time as these (kids?) here then I'm sure they're not worth my time.

I know we'll get the one and doners that will show up before each weeks opponent but they're usually gone after their team gets their *sses handed to them.

What I don't get is the Pats fans on here that just can't tolerate someone else's opinion or someone disagreeing with them.  It's childish.

I have no problem with fans making constructive critisisome's of the team, players or coach.  If I don't agree with them I am not going to resort to name calling.  Again, childish.

Sections
Shortcuts