Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses!

I was guilty of putting them on last week as well but then again I have been a strong critic of the way this organization has gone about it business...or lack of the past couple of offseasons.

Failure to adrress the lack of a running game: I'm sorry, but "running back by committee isn't scaring anybody, nor is an aging Fred Taylor. When opponents don't respect the run, a team with a strong smash mouth defense will eat you up..just like they did yesterday. You become ONE DIMENSIONAL

Failure to address the pass rush: Inability to apply consistent pressure up front is puttuing WAY to much pressure on the young DB's. Nuff said there. Sanchez looked like Joe Namath for cryin' out loud..and he ain't that good folks!

Failure by Lord Belichick to relinquish any power and bring in a top flight offensive coordinator: Play calling is predictable, unimaginative and quickly reverts back to Brady trying to force the ball downfiield to Moss. Where were the TE's yesterday?? We have 3 pretty good ones right? 2nd half was all Brady forcing to Moss..and on to the second half...

Failure by the coaching staff to get this team to play 60 minutes of football. Look at the stats since last year. This team all but vanishes in the third quarter. SOMETHING is wrong here. It's not once in a while either. It's EVERY game. That's coaching all you BB koolaide drinkers. If this was any other coach you'd be screaming for his head!!

Just a few more tidbits: Darius Butler is another draft bust. (wouldn't Cromartie have looked good opposite McCourty??)
    Where the hell is Mayo??
    Why isn't Brandon Tate more involved in the offense??
    Why did we keep Sanders??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses!

In Response to Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses!:
    I was guilty of putting them on last week as well but then again I have been a strong critic of the way this organization has gone about it business...or lack of the past couple of offseasons. Failure to adrress the lack of a running game: I'm sorry, but "running back by committee isn't scaring anybody, nor is an aging Fred Taylor. When opponents don't respect the run, a team with a strong smash mouth defense will eat you up..just like they did yesterday. You become ONE DIMENSIONAL Failure to address the pass rush: Inability to apply consistent pressure up front is puttuing WAY to much pressure on the young DB's. Nuff said there. Sanchez looked like Joe Namath for cryin' out loud..and he ain't that good folks! Failure by Lord Belichick to relinquish any power and bring in a top flight offensive coordinator: Play calling is predictable, unimaginative and quickly reverts back to Brady trying to force the ball downfiield to Moss. Where were the TE's yesterday?? We have 3 pretty good ones right? 2nd half was all Brady forcing to Moss..and on to the second half... Failure by the coaching staff to get this team to play 60 minutes of football. Look at the stats since last year. This team all but vanishes in the third quarter. SOMETHING is wrong here. It's not once in a while either. It's EVERY game. That's coaching all you BB koolaide drinkers. If this was any other coach you'd be screaming for his head!! Just a few more tidbits: Darius Butler is another draft bust. (wouldn't Cromartie have looked good opposite McCourty??) Where the hell is Mayo?? Why isn't Brandon Tate more involved in the offense?? Why did we keep Sanders??
    Posted by smorgan86

Good points.  I agree in all except that I am not convinced Butler is a total loss. He was covering receivers just like the Jets's DBs were, but he got called while they did not, save for once in junk time. He may have been told by the coaches to get more physical because the refs were letting the Jets DBs "play". BB tells his players to adjust their games to how the refs are calling those games.

But on all other points, I think you are on-target.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Amen!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses!:
    In Response to Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Good points.  I agree in all except that I am not convinced Butler is a total loss. He was covering receivers just like the Jets's DBs were, but he got called while they did not, save for once in junk time. He may have been told by the coaches to get more physical because the refs were letting the Jets DBs "play". BB tells his players to adjust their games to how the refs are calling those games. But on all other points, I think you are on-target.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Oh, since when is rationalizing allowed on this forum?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I was guilty of putting them on last week as well but then again I have been a strong critic of the way this organization has gone about it business...or lack of the past couple of offseasons. Failure to adrress the lack of a running game: I'm sorry, but "running back by committee isn't scaring anybody, nor is an aging Fred Taylor. When opponents don't respect the run, a team with a strong smash mouth defense will eat you up..just like they did yesterday. You become ONE DIMENSIONAL Failure to address the pass rush: Inability to apply consistent pressure up front is puttuing WAY to much pressure on the young DB's. Nuff said there. Sanchez looked like Joe Namath for cryin' out loud..and he ain't that good folks! Failure by Lord Belichick to relinquish any power and bring in a top flight offensive coordinator: Play calling is predictable, unimaginative and quickly reverts back to Brady trying to force the ball downfiield to Moss. Where were the TE's yesterday?? We have 3 pretty good ones right? 2nd half was all Brady forcing to Moss..and on to the second half... Failure by the coaching staff to get this team to play 60 minutes of football. Look at the stats since last year. This team all but vanishes in the third quarter. SOMETHING is wrong here. It's not once in a while either. It's EVERY game. That's coaching all you BB koolaide drinkers. If this was any other coach you'd be screaming for his head!! Just a few more tidbits: Darius Butler is another draft bust. (wouldn't Cromartie have looked good opposite McCourty??) Where the hell is Mayo?? Why isn't Brandon Tate more involved in the offense?? Why did we keep Sanders??
    Posted by smorgan86

Nailed most of that.

Forcing the ball to Moss is an issue. I don't know if it's Brady trying to be cute, Moss complaining, OC falling in love with the physical gifts or what...but it's obnoxious.

Halftime adjustements are where BB USED to make his name...it's been gone. Not lessened, gone for a few seasons now. Even this past week, apparently the halftime adjustments werem "Take what worked, now don't do that. Force the ball to Moss deep, and forget the TEs." I'm baffled.

One thing I'm not readin a whole lot about...where is the criticism of Brady? I love the guy, would rather have noone else...but that second half was terrible. Forcing the ball to Moss on 2 picks. Grossly underthrowing Gronk down the middle on what SHOULD have been a huge play. Lots of bad throws. 7 for 16 in the second half, no TDs, 2 INTs. Did Sanchez and Brady swap jerseys at the half? And the strip sack? I know it's the first sack of the season, but has he forgotten that after 3, 4, 5 seconds...the rush WILL eventually get there. He stood in the middle of the pocket, never checked his back shoulder and just waited for Taylor to show up. Not the pocket presence I'm used to seeing.

Such a frustrating game. I knew it was a bad omen when Gost issed a f r i g g i n 37 yarder! Too many missed opportunities. And I can't remember a single play where someone stepped up and made something happen. Even the Moss TD was almost missed even though he was pretty open. Moss couldn't bring in, or break up the second INT (first was WAY overthrown), NONE of the DBs made a play all day. Speaking of...

Is this just the Pats, or are all CBs in the league now taught to NEVER find the ball in the air? I saw 2 or 3 plays that even an old Law would have picked because he FINDS THE BALL! These guys strictly face guard and play the receivers hands...that's garbage. Until someone teaches these blinder wearing fools to turn around, they will continually get torched. I don't care if it's McCourty, Butler, Bodden, Samuel, Law or Hercules...YOU HAVE TO LOCATE THE BALL!!!! None was more pitiful that watching a CB seemingly jump OUT of the way on the pathetically thrown fade pass. Something so basic...I just don't get it.

Still a good team, but they had a chance to put one foot in the grave for the Jets, and they blew it. In fact, they just filled the hole. If the Jets were 0-2 looking up at the 2-0 Pats and Dolphins, I'd say they are done. But now they got a good, tough win against a division rival and will use that going forward. So disappointing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Nailed most of that. Forcing the ball to Moss is an issue. I don't know if it's Brady trying to be cute, Moss complaining, OC falling in love with the physical gifts or what...but it's obnoxious. Halftime adjustements are where BB USED to make his name...it's been gone. Not lessened, gone for a few seasons now. Even this past week, apparently the halftime adjustments werem "Take what worked, now don't do that. Force the ball to Moss deep, and forget the TEs." I'm baffled. One thing I'm not readin a whole lot about...where is the criticism of Brady? I love the guy, would rather have noone else...but that second half was terrible. Forcing the ball to Moss on 2 picks. Grossly underthrowing Gronk down the middle on what SHOULD have been a huge play. Lots of bad throws. 7 for 16 in the second half, no TDs, 2 INTs. Did Sanchez and Brady swap jerseys at the half? And the strip sack? I know it's the first sack of the season, but has he forgotten that after 3, 4, 5 seconds...the rush WILL eventually get there. He stood in the middle of the pocket, never checked his back shoulder and just waited for Taylor to show up. Not the pocket presence I'm used to seeing. Such a frustrating game. I knew it was a bad omen when Gost issed a f r i g g i n 37 yarder! Too many missed opportunities. And I can't remember a single play where someone stepped up and made something happen. Even the Moss TD was almost missed even though he was pretty open. Moss couldn't bring in, or break up the second INT (first was WAY overthrown), NONE of the DBs made a play all day. Speaking of... Is this just the Pats, or are all CBs in the league now taught to NEVER find the ball in the air? I saw 2 or 3 plays that even an old Law would have picked because he FINDS THE BALL! These guys strictly face guard and play the receivers hands...that's garbage. Until someone teaches these blinder wearing fools to turn around, they will continually get torched. I don't care if it's McCourty, Butler, Bodden, Samuel, Law or Hercules...YOU HAVE TO LOCATE THE BALL!!!! None was more pitiful that watching a CB seemingly jump OUT of the way on the pathetically thrown fade pass. Something so basic...I just don't get it. Still a good team, but they had a chance to put one foot in the grave for the Jets, and they blew it. In fact, they just filled the hole. If the Jets were 0-2 looking up at the 2-0 Pats and Dolphins, I'd say they are done. But now they got a good, tough win against a division rival and will use that going forward. So disappointing.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I'm trying to give Brady the benefit of the doubt, yes. I do think is is STILL having issues with accuracy on the deep balls..which is a little baffling, but I don't think the playcalling is helping him either. I'll give Tom Terrific a pass this week but all my other points still apply ( I did forget to mention Gost though. Has he lost it?? kickers are a funny breed ya know)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : I'm trying to give Brady the benefit of the doubt, yes. I do think is is STILL having issues with accuracy on the deep balls..which is a little baffling, but I don't think the playcalling is helping him either. I'll give Tom Terrific a pass this week but all my other points still apply ( I did forget to mention Gost though. Has he lost it?? kickers are a funny breed ya know)
    Posted by smorgan86

Amen to a REAL post by concerned fans that speak the TRUTH. I am so tired of the Rosey guys that deny anything is wrong abd act like BB is Gawd.

More facts: SInce Pioli, Weis and Crennel left and Cassel, the Patriots have gone down hill period. No one wins alone in this league or anywhere else. You surround yourself with talent. Obviously BB has duped Kraft into thinking he is the ONLY reason the Pats had the Super Bowls and can still win like this, well they cant and yesterday was proof!
    Face it, nothing will change here, BB is in charge. Brady Im tired of hearing him whine about how mad he is or they need to just play better. Oaying him that money was and is a huge mistake. Brady has always had probelms with  accuracy on the deep ball, or has everyone forgotten his special training years ago to correct it and strengthen his arm?
    Pats will be 3rd place end of this season and fans will be calling out BB for his lack of vision. Oh, fi you think Im wrong just take a quick look the KC CHiefs way and see how they ar ebuilding a winning team, without the so called genius.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : I'm trying to give Brady the benefit of the doubt, yes. I do think is is STILL having issues with accuracy on the deep balls..which is a little baffling, but I don't think the playcalling is helping him either. I'll give Tom Terrific a pass this week but all my other points still apply ( I did forget to mention Gost though. Has he lost it?? kickers are a funny breed ya know)
    Posted by smorgan86

Remember, he did hurt a finger on his throwing hand during the pre-season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I do not think it is so much "rose colored" glasses, but, too many fans making too much out of what happens in a single game thinking it should happen game after game after game when there is a strong win.  We all read how Jets fans reacted after they lost last week, well, now one has to presume they are all in love with their Jets again and pounding chests screaming.. "super bowl, super bowl!" ( I don't go to other fans' sites )  This effect has also been exacerbated by the success of the team the past decade.  You can have faith in your team to turn it around and one has to presume BB and the players feel confident, too.  Otherwise, we'd all be on the ledge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I do not think it is so much "rose colored" glasses, but, too many fans making too much out of what happens in a single game thinking it should happen game after game after game when there is a strong win.  We all read how Jets fans reacted after they lost last week, well, now one has to presume they are all in love with their Jets again and pounding chests screaming.. "super bowl, super bowl!" ( I don't go to other fans' sites )  This effect has also been exacerbated by the success of the team the past decade.  You can have faith in your team to turn it around and one has to presume BB and the players feel confident, too.  Otherwise, we'd all be on the ledge!
    Posted by agcsbill

AGSBILL what ledge are you on, I will come push you off! THis isnt just one week fool! THis is an ongoing process by the Patriot team, how dumb are dumb are you? No Runningbacks, no defense, no second half team, this didnt just happen yesterday numb nutz! Now go exacerbate in the corner on your pretty gulf shoes

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Smorgan,

You make some points, but you have to admit that people were a bit more optimistic last week and there was less questioning of the playcalling and the ability of some of the young players after a victory.  I still say that this team, especially the defense, will play better at some point and that for the immediate future we should be prepared for some ups and downs as Spikes, McCourty, Brace, Butler, Chung and the other young guys come together as a D.  

I think it's too soon to call Butler a bust, although when teams are shying away from a rookie on the other side of the field it either means that 1) said rookie is the real deal, or 2) Butler is the weak link.  There is no doubt that Butler looks shaky at times, but then he makes a great play.  The PI calls?  One was questionable.  CB is a position where players are thrown to the wolves, and every mistake is noticeable.  I think we need to give Butler a chance, it will take some time for him to mature.          

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jerry...

Did I say this is the result of one game?  I pointed out that many fans are spoiled by the successes over the past decade and have on those "rose colored" glasses ignoring the current issues.  Does the team have problems, yes.  Will they fix them, we hope so.  Where did you infer from my post I am blind to the current issues?  You appear to be a fan who goes extreme the other way and only sees negative even when there may be positive to see.  Besides, yesterday's game is history..  I'm passed it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from russgrisworld. Show russgrisworld's posts

In Response to Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Good points.  I agree in all except that I am not convinced Butler is a total loss. He was covering receivers just like the Jets's DBs were, but he got called while they did not, save for once in junk time. He may have been told by the coaches to get more physical because the refs were letting the Jets DBs "play". BB tells his players to adjust their games to how the refs are calling those games. But on all other points, I think you are on-target.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Woody- Your avatar looks like the Guy from Animal House that had his Guitar smashed by Belushi.
    What song are you playing there? "I gave my love a cherry that had no stone"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Woody- Your avatar looks like the Guy from Animal House that had his Guitar smashed by Belushi. What song are you playing there? "I gave my love a cherry that had no stone"
    Posted by russgrisworld

lol, hes bAAAaaaack.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Please take off the sh|t colored glasses!

You can't cherry pick a game and make a case the team is terrible or great.  Were the Jets as bad as they showed in week 1?  Were we as good as week 1?  Which team is the real Jets - the team from week 1 or the team from week 2?  Which game most accurately portrayed us?

Let me see...we easily beat a team that beat the Ravens which beat the Jets last week.  Hmm... I guess we'll just have to let the season play out.  They don't stop playing the season after week 2 for a reason.

Not saying we don't have issues to be concerned about, just saying the season is not yet decided.  BTW, can someone please explain to me how the folks who drink nothing but Krap-Aid are any better than the folks who only drink the Kool-Aid?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Woody- Your avatar looks like the Guy from Animal House that had his Guitar smashed by Belushi. What song are you playing there? "I gave my love a cherry that had no stone"
    Posted by russgrisworld

Ahhhhh...then you are lowly enough to crawl back after you were so wrong about this game.  Why am I not surprised?  Why is nobody surprised?

So to summarize, you have no integrity and you are stuck in the 1970s.  Do you prefer Laverne or Shirley? Because your opinions mean so much to us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from russgrisworld. Show russgrisworld's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Ahhhhh...then  you are lowly enough to crawl back after you were so wrong about this game.  Why am I not surprised?  Why is nobody surprised? So to summarize, you have no integrity and you are stuck in the 1970s.  Do you prefer Laverne or Shirley? Because your opinions mean so much to us.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Here's something for your next Avatar. I'm sure all of your Metro friends will love it. It's still pink even without Rose Colored Glasses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : Here's something for your next Avatar. I'm sure all of your Metro friends will love it. It's still pink even without Rose Colored Glasses.
    Posted by russgrisworld

So you go shopping for this stuff on The O, is that about right?

Russ, forget about Laverne and Shirley.  I misread you, so let me rephrase: Potsie or Fonzie?

Or is it Jim Rockford or Barnaby Jones?

Or do you prefer it to be Vinnie Barbarino or Chachi?

We know you have such worthwhile opinions because you've frothed and huffed as much, so please give us your take and tell us your favorite '70s icon he-man. Just stay away from football because you don't have a clue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Posted by russgrisworld

Russgreaseball you stop right there! You dont have any friends on this board so stop trying to make some. He looks nothing like the guy playing guitar in Animal House, that man had a dark moustache and was playing a Spanish style acoustic guitar.
    Woody has what looks to be an older Gibson Dreadnaught style and is clearly a younger man. And he is not surrounded by women in his picture.
    Once again Russ you are clueless and incorrect! Ther eI have stabbed you with the sword of truth. Now go die!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Just so you know russgrisworld as opposed to russgriswold is an imposter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by smorgan86

You are the one who points out where the strong stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better..........other wise and arm chair quarter back... always happy to b--ch... You are not in the arena, you are one of the poor tired spirits who sits on the side and complains.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : You are the one who points out where the strong stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better.......... other wise and arm chair quarter back... always happy to b--ch... You are not in the arena, you are one of the poor tired spirits who sits on the side and complains.
    Posted by gmbill

It's very funny, in a sad kinda way, how the folks who only post the negative make fun of the folks who only post positive as if they have some sort of superior insight.  I'd call it ironic, but one of our resident scholars will probably correct me.  These Krap-Aid drinkers fail to see they are as biased as the Kool-Aid drinkers; albeit in a different manner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Please, lets take off the rose colored glasses! : It's very funny, in a sad kinda way, how the folks who only post the negative make fun of the folks who only post positive as if they have some sort of superior insight.  I'd call it ironic, but one of our resident scholars will probably correct me.  These Krap-Aid drinkers fail to see they are as biased as the Kool-Aid drinkers; albeit in a different manner.
    Posted by carawaydj

Yes I will correct you!  Its not that the negative make fun of the positive, its the positive refusing to see the writing on the wall and call it as such.
    There is nothing wrong with hoping and wishful thinking, but when you have constant blunders for 2 years or more and continue to do them over and over, its time to change them, dont you think?
    BB has refused to pay for superior talent, superior players going the roll back price route of Wal Mart. Its caught up with him and no one wants to admit it or if we the doomers say anything about it, the positives cry like little girls. Sorry if I pay for a product or invest in it and someone is messing it up, I speak up and sound off. Correct the problem or you lose its really that simple

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

BTW, can someone please explain to me how the folks who drink nothing but Krap-Aid are any better than the folks who only drink the Kool-Aid?
    Posted by carawaydj

I don't think one is better than the other, the difference is perspective Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

My objection to how this debate is framed is that it's way too simplistic. To get at the truth you have to go beyond either drinking only krapaid or koolaid. You need both. 

" "running back by committee isn't scaring anybody, nor is an aging Fred Taylor"

And yet we were beaten by an aging Ladamian Tomlinson that most of the league had written off. And some of the drafts that were the worst for the Pats were presided over by Scott Pioli, so idealizing Pioli's capabilities and whining about his departure overlooks his role in some of our worst drafts. 

The bottom line is it's too early in the season to pass judgement on this team yet in a lasting way. It looks to me like the defense has problems that are not correctable and the offense has problems that are correctible, but only time will tell. 

Reducing the discussion to either "Belichick is God" or "Belichick" s@cks makes me feel dumber as I'm reading.

Sections
Shortcuts